Why not make an appartment/shop broker?

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
So 3/4 of all the appartments and shops (especially the appartment buildings) are in the hands of marcus callender the estatebroker. (who is ofcourse a mindark avatar).

He's held all these buildings for years. So why not make an appartment/shop broker?

a fixed price for the shops say 5k ped and a fixed price for an appartment, say 500 ped.

easy money for Mindark, no hassle with the auction, happy customers who can own their own appartment/shop

nice idea. Don't see it happening based on what Mindark has said in various comments over the last few years though. Sadly, many of the places that still have estate broker listed on terminal are actually participant owned, just owned by inactive folks or resellers who never claimed the place and are still holding them for some dumb reason.

It will be ideal if they owned by MA!
but I think Mastermesh have right,
those are estates who aren't claimed by the owners

I think this could go the way of the armor that is not able to be traded. If you bought an apartment or shop and then a few months from now decided you didn't want it for some reason, you would be stuck with it. Another player wouldn't buy it from you when they can buy it from the broker, unless you would sell it at a loss. Another factor is that location could influence the price. Would you purchase a randomly located shop, or be able to pick a specific location from the broker?

I had actually sent a support case asking about all the 3rd floor shops at Emerald lakes mall. The deeds were given to the mall owner, and he chose to not sell the third floor shops. I don't think anyone has seen him about in game for years, so doubt we will see those shops sold any time soon.

I had actually sent a support case asking about all the 3rd floor shops at Emerald lakes mall. The deeds were given to the mall owner, and he chose to not sell the third floor shops. I don't think anyone has seen him about in game for years, so doubt we will see those shops sold any time soon.

His contact info from the site:
http://www.emeraldlakesmall.eu/contact.html
For comments, questions, or suggestions concerning the Emerald Lakes experience and community, please use the following contact information:
Community Correspondant, Webmaster
In-Game Avatar : Elissia Eli Talor
Entropia Forum Name : Eli
E-mail : eli@emeraldlakesmall.com

For shop ownership / availablity questions or questions concerning your shop at Emerald's, please contact the owner using the following contact information:
RobRoy, Emerald Lakes Mall Owner
In-Game Avatar : Onkel RobRoy Bob
Entropia Forum Name : RobRoy
E-mail : robroy@emeraldlakesmall.com

Of course, last time I tried to use the email addresses above back in 2007 and 2012 I didn't get any response. Maybe you'll get one?

Divine Vixen Incarnate sold her mall shop back in mid 2013 (after some speculated that that avatar was no longer able to be logged in to as some believe it was an alt), so maybe it's time old Robroy's time to sell out of the mall is a coming?

goo.gl/pGmdis

Last edited:
Eli used to be in my society. I have seen her login sometimes. I will try to ask her about it.

I think this could go the way of the armor that is not able to be traded. If you bought an apartment or shop and then a few months from now decided you didn't want it for some reason, you would be stuck with it. Another player wouldn't buy it from you when they can buy it from the broker, unless you would sell it at a loss. Another factor is that location could influence the price. Would you purchase a randomly located shop, or be able to pick a specific location from the broker?

Its all dependant on the price ofcourse.. a standard price of 5k for a non-mall shop would be cool, you can sell it for more on auction if you get lucky on a prime location. I agree it sucks for people who overpayed for prime locations. But an appartment building shop shouldn't sell for more than 7k peds anyway.
There could also be different sections in the broker.
small, large, mall shop, close to tp etc.

As for "sleeping appartments":
I understand some of the appartments are in the hands of people who never claimed them for some reason. But I also saw how many appartments were being sold at the time, and there were pages and pages of appartments. I can't believe they all sold. I believe Mindark is still owning a lot of them.

I don't see why he would choose to sell the third floor when the second floor is not even used.

Last rumour I heard regarding the remainly Caly apartments were that they'd all been sold to an undisclosed third party way before the malls were added.

Marco did speculate about some of the apartment block shops being sold but that was in vu9 when he still had a job with MA.

I'm not sure they'd get away with it considering how many restrictions MA have placed on the PP's regarding the number of apartments and shops they can add. Plus adding so many may drop the prices of them to reasonable level which is way out of keeping with the current EU modus operandi.

The malls were known to be a cash cow for MA when they were added, there were / are far more shops in apartment blocks unused which they could have enabled but it wouldn't have generated as much cash income.

They should atleast make an UPGRADE broker. From the estate terminal, you can PAY the required 2000 peds (for example) and get an UPGRADE RECEIPT. This receipt is Time/Date-Stamped with the Upgrade amount mentioned on it.

That way, we dont have to EMAIL MA - wait weeks for response, then walk around with the above 2000 peds in coins in our inventory - waiting for days/weeks for a MA rep to physically retrieve the peds - and with no confirmation/receipt for it either.

(If upgrade is impossible for technical reasons, MA can simply refund the RECEIPT without further "waiting" + a nice ingame MAIL as to WHY it could not be upgraded.)

From my understanding all available shops and apartments that are available for use are based on activity and player base in the game/planet. Every available shop/apartment that was deemed available and active for use has been sold by MA to players. MA really does not have or own those apartments and shops anymore, they sit empty because the owner chooses them to sit empty, nothing they can do about that.

MA can't or won't put more shops and apartments in the game unless things become more active and with the displacement of avatars all over the universe on different planets, I am guessing that will either never happen on Calypso or if it does it would take a miracle because there are so many places already. You just have to be patient and wait for someone to sell at your price or pay the asking price. That is the nature of this game, supply and demand.

Back