Server issues

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
With the significant increase in player activity around these times we have been experiencing some issues with our servers, these issues affect all the instance events that are active during these times such as Merry Mayhem and Planetary instances like Beacon missions and Aakas.
Issues are caused by the high amount players trying to enter these events and instances and causing more load on the servers than we had expected.
We are working to have this solved and corrected as soon as possible.

Originally Posted Here

Will you extend the MM event due to this? I've lost an entire weekend set of for grinding that is now lost because of this... and this was the only weekend I really had time to get some hours done in order to make the 40 hour mark.

Will you extend the MM event due to this?
:wise:

This crap is getting old. :yup:

MindArk, PLEASE grow up and start operating an MMO game like other kids your same age do.

With the significant increase in player activity around these times (…)
Issues are caused by the high amount players trying to enter these events and instances (…).

This should not be a surprise and therefore cannot be used as an excuse for whatever poor server performance you might have! You should have anticipated it and prepared accordingly!

Sometimes I wonder if MA wants the playerbase to grow. As it only results in unstable servers.

Ironic. :p

Doesn't matter anymore anyway...

As far as I'm concerned.. Merry Mayhem is over. I've spent 7.5 hours inside the instance, enduring insane lag, endless "Failed" messages along with "Item already equipped" and "Waiting for previous action to finish". I would have to hit a hotkey 5-15 times in order to get an item to respond and using a high DPS weapon with 70 attack per minute was pointless because it kept getting stuck and was unresponsive.

The result of all of this is a score thats so completely fucked, its nearly impossible to recover and pointless to try. I was trending for ~8,400 points and I should have been trending for ~15,000

Never have I felt "scammed" out of money by doing an event... this time I do. Loot was complete shit and the game was unplayable.

This year's Merry Mayhem winners will simply be the people with the least amount of lag.

What a disappointment

We need more events to test the servers! :laugh:

Drop some more Longtooth for a quick stress test :tongue2:

MA you are selling $125000 worth of Equus QUADS, buy some bloody servers!

With the significant increase in player activity ....

hallelujah! Does this mean my CLD return will exceed 3.75 PED each for this week :yay::yay::yay:

we have been experiencing some issues with our servers,

Originally Posted Here

And you didn't think to prepare more capacity "Just in case"? Is this the first time Merry Mayhem has been run??

images

This should not be a surprise and therefore cannot be used as an excuse for whatever poor server performance you might have! You should have anticipated it and prepared accordingly!

Couldn't agree more! :wise:

With the significant increase in player activity

Entertain us, give us a number... a significant increase from 3000 players would mean... 6000? 10000?

You're the first recent gaming company I know where a normal number of players at the same time (normal=tens of thousands, at peek - tenfold) will crash your servers for good. Scrap that 9600 modem... you don't take the burden of GFX rendering on your servers, so it must be all those tiny client/server messages bogging you down. Or maybe is that loot algo calling CEO's mobile every time a 6 PED global is occurring?

Gave -rep, Bertha used to be on the red all the time, guess someone bought some indulgences - for the ones not familiar with Middle Ages, that is sort of a ticket to Heaven.

Merry Christmas to everyone who enjoy it!

With the significant increase in player activity around these times we have been experiencing some issues with our servers, these issues affect all the instance events that are active during these times such as Merry Mayhem and Planetary instances like Beacon missions and Aakas.
Issues are caused by the high amount players trying to enter these events and instances and causing more load on the servers than we had expected.
We are working to have this solved and corrected as soon as possible.

Originally Posted Here

I think you forgot to mention all those new players who were trying to play and could not start the tutorial because it was impossible for them to enter the cave. :yup:

I think you forgot to mention all those new players who were trying to play and could not start the tutorial because it was impossible for them to enter the cave. :yup:

It is the Tutorial itself. Phase one.

I just saw "Maze Runner" and got an Enlightenment.

The whole EU is a complete über BDSM experience, created by some Hidden Government (Sweden is just a decoy) for purpose of Social Super Stress Test.

There will be only one in the end. Well, two actually, since they should continue fucking.

But if they planned accordingly the top 5 people wouldn't be getting their 2-3+ million each this year as xmas gift, some of that money would actually have to be spent on the company and that just won't do for greedy upper level exec's

Gave -rep, Bertha used to be on the red all the time, guess someone bought some indulgences - for the ones not familiar with Middle Ages, that is sort of a ticket to Heaven.

...!

Bertha never has been red iirc, NewsBot was red all the time. Well that is kinda off-topic just thought i point it out :ahh:

Funny in 2009/2009 Entropiatracker(Entropialife) showed more than 8500 active hunter`s ,today 3600 and it`s more serverproblem, guess we got to have loads newplayers running around sweating and collecting fruits/dung :D

Only difference new engine and instances ,wonder how much inpact that have :dunno:

All I gotta say is WTF is wrong with them - per usual. They did a server "test" a few days before MM... and I'm sure they gathered data from it - but it only showed that the servers can't handle much more than before (if any improvement at all).
How hard is it to set expectations for MM? Just plan for almost all players to be in and should go fine - there is only so many players in this game. How did they upgrade the servers? I have noticed some improvements - but they are negligible.
Worst part is - no one is there over the weekend apparently - and they just respond to it on Monday.
Sorry for all the serious competitors.

Funny in 2009/2009 Entropiatracker(Entropialife) showed more than 8500 active hunter`s ,today 3600 and it`s more serverproblem, guess we got to have loads newplayers running around sweating and collecting fruits/dung :D

Only difference new engine and instances ,wonder how much inpact that have :dunno:

I don'T know where the number comes from, according to this quote the number has not changed that much ( beside the fact temas were shown in the GUI iirc.

.... Based on globals...

What I did was, on the request of a participant, to generate a database query which shows how many unique avatars (not teams) which have globalled per month, as well as the total turnover in globals per month.

The brown(ish) line is total loot in K PEDs ... The blue(ish) line is the number of unique avatars which have globalled....

Discuss...

evolve.jpg

However that was before the global threshold was lowered, so i guess somewhat more were it back then. Aslo the total loot value ( after reading the thread i realized it is only from hunting ) has not much declined. Opening el it shows ~3 million ped loot in the weekly stats for hunting. Extrapolate that for a month and you are pretty much on par with what it has been back then.

After i compared that i feel Entropia is not shrinking that much, the problem is more we are not growing that much. And how should we when newbies are scared away before even entering the game *sigh*

Last edited:
So did they upgrade or did they not?

I assume they rent their servers and pay for the bandwidth, so "upgrading" means switching to a better plan. When they lack of funds or when there's a "dead season" between events, they can downgrade the plan and cut down the bandwidth.

Perhaps they hoped they'll manage without upgrading for this Mayhem but they don't. So go buy an Equus or two and help the guys pay the bills :)

My thoughts about this "server issues"... As i remeber it when MA did the server upgrade before few months the game felt like a new game with a lot of power but it last only a few weeks and after that the game was like before with a lot of lag and errors like we are used to see in the game, so I think they're using the new server capacity for more than just this game.

I don'T know where the number comes from, according to this quote the number has not changed that much ( beside the fact temas were shown in the GUI iirc.

However that was before the global threshold was lowered, so i guess somewhat more were it back then.

Yeah ,iam not alone remember the numbers were something like that ,but can't argue with Starfinders data :p

OFTOPIC
I did a search with wayback and in 2Feb 2009 there was 7128 registered accounts so it can't be that number we remember either, guess getting old have it`s issues

And you can't see the page listing the active hunters since that require login ,but found this as a little flash back wayback on 1Mars 2010 :)

Yeah ,iam not alone remember the numbers were something like that ,but can't argue with Starfinders data :p

OFTOPIC
I did a search with wayback and in 2Feb 2009 there was 7128 registered accounts so it can't be that number we remember either, guess getting old have it`s issues

And you can't see the page listing the active hunters since that require login ,but found this as a little flash back wayback on 1Mars 2010 :)

It is easily explained. During the time the method what was displayed was changed. The 7k included teams, while the numbers in the Graphs are unique avatars.

Digges up the post i was looking for:

Remember.. the graph is only including single avatars and not teams...
So, if it was to include the teams as well, it might be a heck of a lot different
smile.png

Yes, your rank is also including teams.. That may be a fult on my part, to allow for teams in the rank number. Also, the rank is "30 days running", where this graph is cut off every 1st. ... So if you have 3000 ppl globalling 30-05-2009, and 4000 people globalling 01-06-2009 the chart for 06-2009 will say 4000 ppl, and the chart for 05-2009 will say 3000, but your signature at 02-06-2009 will say 7000.
smile.png

Last edited:
I can't help remembering this when you mention about the bloody servers. :laugh:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?265626-How-is-the-Entropia-Universe-lag-now

So did they upgrade or did they not?

More or less as we have seen when that new IT guy come on he was all Virtual Servers and most likely did get a new system and then put all other planets/server areas on one server. All these issues started about the time the new guy come on and so much around me points to these theory of mine.

More or less as we have seen when that new IT guy come on he was all Virtual Servers and most likely did get a new system and then put all other planets/server areas on one server. All these issues started about the time the new guy come on and so much around me points to these theory of mine.

next thing you know they move to citrix to enhance security.

This has been happening since I started over 9 years ago. MA is losing money because of this so I don't know why they don't address the issue.

Unfortunatly the 10 hours i did with the insane lag, took away any small chance i could have to place in cat 4!
Another thing that ruined my chances is the fact that the timer doesnt stop!
I did the majority has 30 to 40 minute runs, and a few times i got back in and the timer was still on!

This means i lost 4 or 5 hours counting 0 kills
Loot is decent tho!

Back