people still worked up about logging off in space

Here's an idea.......

Why not make your loot for detroying any given ship a % of the peds spent to kill it. So it costs 5 ped to kill a quad you get upto 5 ped back, if it costs 2k to kill the MS you get upto 2k loot back, with the other % of the cost going into a bigger pool similar to what we have in pvp 4 Mr X has killed Mrs X for the value of XXX ped, only cost 2-5 shots of a gun to kill Mrs X but he gets XXX ped back....

Just a rough idea, I hate the whole idea of PVP space gimme a TP anyday!

i have a better fix, turn off the lootable part :cool:

Here's an idea.......

Why not make your loot for detroying any given ship a % of the peds spent to kill it. So it costs 5 ped to kill a quad you get upto 5 ped back, if it costs 2k to kill the MS you get upto 2k loot back, with the other % of the cost going into a bigger pool similar to what we have in pvp 4 Mr X has killed Mrs X for the value of XXX ped, only cost 2-5 shots of a gun to kill Mrs X but he gets XXX ped back....

Just a rough idea, I hate the whole idea of PVP space gimme a TP anyday!

Unfortunately this provides no incentive to attack anyone as there is no chance of profiting, the best you can hope to achieve is to break even, how many pirates are interested in those odds.

I would like to thank Aeris and JBK for providing one of the most intellectual debates I have come across on this forumn. They obviously disagree but respect themselves and each other enough to retain their diginity and not turn this into some verbal slapping match.

Earlier on in the thread I thought they may need a set of gloves and a copy of the Queensbury rules and later still I thought they may need a room.

+rep to both for being true gentlemen

Unfortunately this provides no incentive to attack anyone as there is no chance of profiting, the best you can hope to achieve is to break even, how many pirates are interested in those odds.

I would like to thank Aeris and JBK for providing one of the most intellectual debates I have come across on this forumn. They obviously disagree but respect themselves and each other enough to retain their diginity and not turn this into some verbal slapping match.

Earlier on in the thread I thought they may need a set of gloves and a copy of the Queensbury rules and later still I thought they may need a room.

+rep to both for being true gentlemen

Only if I'm pitching ;)

Personally I like the cargo crate idea long as the crates only leave the ship when it next docks if the ava logs off. In some suggested variations of this idea the loot would go back to the SS the ship was at last before the person logged of. Which is really just a mulligan for the price of a warp if an attack does happen and the ship has enough SI/crew to buy 20 seconds to log.

At the same time I think pirates have it easy over anti-pirates loot/ammo wise because they literally have to risk next to nothing compared to what they can gain. Especially at places like caly SS, where they can just go to foma or cp to storage without paying a landing fee, or having to TT everything to avoid it being lootable. My suggestion to make piracy more sustainable, and anti-piracy a more viable profession have quads give loot when they blow up equal to the shots landed on them, minus X variable. Much like landside pvp4 where if you kill someone you get some ammo from their toxic shot, in this case it would just be a partial refund on ammo spent.

Aside from my obvious desire to have my chosen profession be more sustainable, I believe it would benefit pirates by allowing them to risk more in bigger operations. Currently if they do a really good job and burn like 70ped to kill a ms, they can still walk away with nothing at all because of log out... and lets face it log out cant go until a crew can warp without getting CTD. This would be a nice middle ground MA could quickly throw in while they work on stability.

but hey, if wishes were fishes we'd all cast our nets.

Hear it from a pirate.. Space is unfair towards my kin right now.
To all people speaking up about it, i thank you very much but this fight has been on for so long i don't see the end anymore.
#waiting-for-log-off-issue-to-be-fixd-since-2012.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I like the cargo crate idea long as the crates only leave the ship when it next docks if the ava logs off. In some suggested variations of this idea the loot would go back to the SS the ship was at last before the person logged of. Which is really just a mulligan for the price of a warp if an attack does happen and the ship has enough SI/crew to buy 20 seconds to log.

At the same time I think pirates have it easy over anti-pirates loot/ammo wise because they literally have to risk next to nothing compared to what they can gain. Especially at places like caly SS, where they can just go to foma or cp to storage without paying a landing fee, or having to TT everything to avoid it being lootable. My suggestion to make piracy more sustainable, and anti-piracy a more viable profession have quads give loot when they blow up equal to the shots landed on them, minus X variable. Much like landside pvp4 where if you kill someone you get some ammo from their toxic shot, in this case it would just be a partial refund on ammo spent.

Aside from my obvious desire to have my chosen profession be more sustainable, I believe it would benefit pirates by allowing them to risk more in bigger operations. Currently if they do a really good job and burn like 70ped to kill a ms, they can still walk away with nothing at all because of log out... and lets face it log out cant go until a crew can warp without getting CTD. This would be a nice middle ground MA could quickly throw in while they work on stability.

but hey, if wishes were fishes we'd all cast our nets.

You want to be an anti-pirate? Make sure you get hired by someone who's bullied by pirates. <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
:laugh:, see what happens when you don't use NVE's dedicated mouthpiece stagger?

Chances would have had this thread derailed and totally off topic with out a massive deletion wave and the ban hammer coming out. Leave the forum trolling to the pro and stick to what you do best.

I'm sure there are some more exploits you can find and abuse in protest of MA not handing you more money on a silver platter :rolleyes:

I'm getting the feeling I've missed something.

Back