Worst crappy ass dpp sib?

We don't know for sure how the Marco gun works and we don't know if special mobs work differently. Stick to regular weapons and mobs.

The marco gun, can kill and recieve no loot. I have seen this personally back in 2005 / 06. Not sure if it helps the conversation though lol

Rgds

Ace

And we have never seen a small mob hof above killkost?

"above killcost" ???

My point is that Marco gun cost 3 pec to generate 6500 dmg ( avg )

So when he killed that mob "almost" solo not much tt was put into loot calc.

So either it was a 10k multiplier, or its dmg done.

"above killcost" ???

While I am inclined to agree with you a single kill sample is hardly conclusive. Multipliers like that, while rare, do occur.

The bottom line is we suspect but we do not know and unless MA wants to let us borrow Marco's gun for more testing we're not likely to have an undeniable conclusion anytime soon.

wasnt it Gravedigger who killed a dasp with Mann Mph?
Took a lot of time and hes wife was fapping him and I remember that we wrote someting about he got a higher loot then normaly on dasp he killed using man mph.. or something like that.

Most crucial clue supporting DPP are key for returns is.

Axe 1.0 was Nerfed too alot lower Dpp.
Íf Dpp dont matter why couldnt MA have those blades around in game the way they were?

"above killcost" ???

There have been huge multipliers before and there will be more of them in the future so we can't tell much from one kill. I didn't see the situation tho but as you said others where putting random shots in it and with many shooting the cost spent to kill it is adding up for the loot multiplier.

There have been huge multipliers before and there will be more of them in the future so we can't tell much from one kill. I didn't see the situation tho but as you said others where putting random shots in it and with many shooting the cost spent to kill it is adding up for the loot multiplier.

Guess its a matter of how much of a coincident one think it is.

We saw it before the loot was changed. Nowadays? No.

It's been confirmed by MA that the core of the loot system has not been changed. That is also something my own tests confirms. But hey I really don't give a f... convincing others about it so I will stop now. Be my guest and waste both time and money finding it out yourself.

About a year ago i did extensive test with unmaxed Maddox IV by killing over 6k Eviscerators (better part of the Evisc 10k mission).
I believe my blp dmg and pistoleer hit at that time was around lvl 65, which according to Entropedia gives us a whooping 2.66 dpp:
maddox-at-65-65.jpg

Somewhat higher dps comes from sga amp and 5 dmg enhancers, but still dpp is what it is. Despite all this my returns were consistently higher than using a maxed 2.96 dpp setup (Songkra+VI).

I don't know the reason for this peculiar effect, but i have a theory.
Evisc stands out with its extremely high regen rate which in combination with its relatively low HP creates a unique situation. Whoever has tried to use a finisher on evisc knows, it usually fails. By the time you switch weapons the mob has already gone into the next regen cycle and if this happens the finisher dmg is not sufficient. You are forced to switch back to the main weapon to finish the mob off.
As a result you end up using your main gun all the way, no finishers. This situation clearly favors high fire rate/low dmg weapons and puts all low(er) fire rate/high(er) dmg weapons at disadvantage.

Evisc's low HP in turn amplifies the effect described above even further. Compare:
Evisc. 01 (L23) - 920 HP
Rext weak (L22) - 1580 HP
As u can see, the difference in HP means with the same ammo/decay spent you'll have about 1.7 times more "end of mob" events. This amplifies whatever positive or negative effect it entails for you, even further.

Alas, this is just a theory. I can't possibly know if this was the deciding factor behind my unusually good returns. Hopefully it at least serves as an example to show how many factors actually play into the final result, factors that usually remain unnoticed. :yup:

Last edited:
It's been confirmed by MA that the core of the loot system has not been changed. That is also something my own tests confirms. But hey I really don't give a f... convincing others about it so I will stop now. Be my guest and waste both time and money finding it out yourself.

perhaps max_loot_multiplier per mob isnt a core function?

perhaps max_loot_multiplier per mob isnt a core function?

exactly.

Try getting this from an argonaut now: Andrew Macca MacDonald 18 652 PED

right now there are 520 unique hunters hunting them with a total of 1 980.00 globals

Last edited:
damage /per pec matter as i think it is damage related. At some tme it really did , now it's influence is neglectible.
MA did so many change to the loot that nowaday it's almost worthless. When 90% of time the loot is less than half what you spend you don't really care about eco, you MUST have some nice multiplier in your run. Low loot range is so wide, be it 10% or 30% and i don't count nova no loot.
Your friends are not a nice dpp gun, they are mob choice, location and a swedish proxy/luck.
I tried to play with the equivalent of a ~5 dmg per pec weapon, i saw same range loot as if i used a ~2.9 one.

damage /per pec matter as i think it is damage related. At some tme it really did , now it's influence is neglectible.
MA did so many change to the loot that nowaday it's almost worthless. When 90% of time the loot is less than half what you spend you don't really care about eco, you MUST have some nice multiplier in your run. Low loot range is so wide, be it 10% or 30% and i don't count nova no loot.
Your friends are not a nice dpp gun, they are mob choice, location and a swedish proxy/luck.
I tried to play with the equivalent of a ~5 dmg per pec weapon, i saw same range loot as if i used a ~2.9 one.

Ofc loot is same with 5 dpp vs 2.9 dpp , because dpp affect your cost, not the loot.

Ofc loot is same with 5 dpp vs 2.9 dpp , because dpp affect your cost, not the loot.

I never said otherwise, just pointed out that dpp isn't the main param for proficient hunting.

I never said otherwise, just pointed out that dpp isn't the main param for proficient hunting.

Just wondering how to reach 5 dpp :D

I think we could do with a theory of loot page, given the various tests that have been performed already as evidence, and merely take it as gospel until someone proves otherwise. Then anyone who asks is merely referred to that page! :)

I think we could do with a theory of loot page, given the various tests that have been performed already as evidence, and merely take it as gospel until someone proves otherwise. Then anyone who asks is merely referred to that page! :)

Well...

Problem with the tests I have seen is that it is 15 mobs or 50 mobs.

I intend to run this over a longer period of time and comparing results. I need to be hunting somewhat small mobs and preferably cycle a shitton. Once losses are far beyond the highest ever recorded hof on the mob I am going to hunt, it will be easy to toss out the idea of bigger multipliers due to bad eco.

I will out of humble curiosity perform a small test and supply all data here. I get so emotional from everybody thinking they know ALL but Im pretty sure theres more to it then all thinks.......and the reasonI get emotional is that all you can do is think but to be sure none of us are or youd be out there hunting more then I am!?

//Linz

I will out of humble curiosity perform a small test and supply all data here. I get so emotional from everybody thinking they know ALL but Im pretty sure theres more to it then all thinks.......and the reasonI get emotional is that all you can do is think but to be sure none of us are or youd be out there hunting more then I am!?

//Linz

Well, the problem is that it seems like no-one knows but everyone thinks they know. I am hoping the testing I intend to do will bring us at least a bit closer to facts rather than thoughts.

Looking forward to your test!

Well...

Problem with the tests I have seen is that it is 15 mobs or 50 mobs.

I intend to run this over a longer period of time and comparing results. I need to be hunting somewhat small mobs and preferably cycle a shitton. Once losses are far beyond the highest ever recorded hof on the mob I am going to hunt, it will be easy to toss out the idea of bigger multipliers due to bad eco.

Be careful when choosing weapons in relation to the mobs. Overkill is a big deal on smaller mobs, so if one is a slow powerful weapon and the other is fast and weaker, it's going to skew results.

I don't think i would trust any test unless it was 100k cycled at a very minimum on low to mid mobs.

Heya,

I am going to prove that dpp matters and that there is no if (maxed=True){enable(awesomeLoootzor)}.

For this I need a weapon with super bad dpp. Suggestions?

I initially thought Killian stuff or Mux 1 but those are non sib. I need something I can mqxxxoruzer while having dpp preferably below 2.

I also accept donations towards the heavy losses I'm going to get.

Suggestions?

Some "before you begin" reading to avoid wasting your time :)

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/6/19/Developer-Notes--3.xml

Back