PvP space fight

Antrace

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Antrace Letale Very
Hello all :)

sometimes i do some taxi between planets and sometimes i'm intercepted by enemy fight.

It happened only one time i was able to avoid the attack and excape in atmpsphere.
And.. it was awesome, and i enjoyed that 2 mins fight.

But unfortunately it happened only one time and in other encounters i found me at revival point.

I tried to avoid the hits, but without succes, so i wonder if i'm missing anything, or, it is just a simple evidence that if you find a topgun you can't do anything to survive.

But, if the attacker is alone, he has to change seat (and ship in this time slows down his speed), shot & shot, change seat, regain speed, and change seat again..

I think that in the right time to do anything is when he is not piloting the ship..

but What ... ?

any ideas are welcome :)

cheers

and good fly

Heya,

First of all, the pilot seat in a Quad Wing has a laser. I am not sure about the sleipnir though.

There are a few things you can do; I use the strafe buttons, the mouse and the... what are they called; Z and C, when steering my Quad away from pirates as well as the up and downs. This usually results in them missing alot, I tend to keep going until they shoot me down since I never carry loot (it's a fun game of counting shots and how much PED they wasted :laugh:).

Except for that, raising your Captain profession helps you avoid the shots. This is very hard to do though unless you have full access to a mothership where you can skill which makes it alot easier (but still takes alot of effort).

Perception skill helps towards Captain profession, there are quite a few hunting missions giving it as reward. But indeed, odds are always stacked against you when you encounter someone who does this as their main activity. Until they find a way to do something for space akin to The Hub on Cyrene, where all skills are equal, this part of the game will never be fair.

I am not sure about the sleipnir though.
It has a rocket launcher as main and a BLP gun (Fire of Hel) as secondary weapon.

Last edited:
Despite how much we all might despise them the pirates do have skills and these skills are not game related they are real, 3D spatial awareness is difficult to master, trust me I have tried, I spent 3 months trying to get to grips with space piloting and it is not easy. The experts talk about "blading" which is adjusting the profile of your ship to its minimum when you are being pursued. The only thing that helped me was to use 3rd person and zoom right out so that you can see your profile in relation to the pirates, that being said I almost always get my ass kicked, you can try unexpected manoeuvres like 180 degree spin and shoot back at them, skeptic is right in what he says strafing also makes it harder for pirates to track you.

Thanks for your reply guys.

I see... it is hard work to fight against skilled and dedicated players.

I think they spent also a lot of peds to become so good and still they spend to destruct a quad (i heard it is 20 peds amno)

Reading your answers i'm thinking that a good way to fly in 3d mode is to pick a point of reference, that can be the ss or some other space ship around, or pirate ship itself.

And it would be better if i'll buy some weapons for my quad :)

I can sell you a Kismet laser when the server comes back online if you like ? :)

blading is a lot harder to do if you're being chased, because you can fly above your target and still maintain speed, while aiming down at them, giving them the perspective advantage that blading tries to avoid. If you're not looking at them you can't adjust for this, and if you're looking at them, you're not adjusting your path.

This fact gives anyone chasing someone a huge advantage, simply because they get to pick their attack angle and there's fuck all you can do about it. If you want to do something, turn and go nose to nose, make them waste shots. you'll still die, but its more expensive for them. Toss in a few rams for good measure.

The best way to fight pirates is to make sure you never, ever carry lootable items in space. Actually, I love it when some jackass shoots me down on the way to CP. it gets me there faster and I don't have to screw around docking. Plus, it gives me something to do with the thousands of tons of welding wire and welding wire BPs I have.

Sometimes, I buzz any red triangles in sight before I leave, just to make sure they see me. :laugh:

Im afraid ingame skills do not help against RL skills like 3rd party progys auto aim and auto shoot helped with various speed hacks ect until ma will decide to use that ban hamer finaly.

just check your nearby list. If there's somebody there, just try to avoid the shots. One missed shot is extra loss for the pirate. Just keep doing it until they decide to go play eve or wait until Mindark finally turns off lootable pvp.

Im afraid ingame skills do not help against RL skills like 3rd party progys auto aim and auto shoot helped with various speed hacks ect until ma will decide to use that ban hamer finaly.

Dont you mean RL skills like hand to eyes coordination ? :rolleyes:
Kinda sucks for all the "credit card ubers" who just cant seen to find any chips to implant which will make them any better up in space ;)

The only 3rd party program I use is Fraps, to record all the lolz :laugh::laugh::laugh:

<removed 3rdparty hosted gif>

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sucks for all the "credit card ubers" who just cant seen to find any chips to implant which will make them any better up in space ;)

The only 3rd party program I use is Fraps, to record all the lolz :laugh::laugh::laugh:

<removed 3rd party hosted gif>

I'm sure you get it.Althought you might not use anything (we don't know each other) you have to agree most people who does pvp (not only space pvp) are using whatever is needed to hit you 10/10.I refuse to believe someone can have such high accuracy in this game with all the lags, constant moving, avatar sync and different other aspects of the game (I am not very good with this) but I've been playing at least 4-5 different games with skills required at least 200 times than EU and its just hard to believe and even if there are few people who can do that you can't just find an explanation for all the other pvp'ers.
PvP right now just from my point of view is not worthing, obviously MA don't care much about it either at this moment but I hope the guys using this "tools" will pay the price sooner or later.
Enjoy :)

I'm sure you get it.Althought you might not use anything (we don't know each other) you have to agree most people who does pvp (not only space pvp) are using whatever is needed to hit you 10/10.I refuse to believe someone can have such high accuracy in this game with all the lags, constant moving, avatar sync and different other aspects of the game (I am not very good with this) but I've been playing at least 4-5 different games with skills required at least 200 times than EU and its just hard to believe and even if there are few people who can do that you can't just find an explanation for all the other pvp'ers.
PvP right now just from my point of view is not worthing, obviously MA don't care much about it either at this moment but I hope the guys using this "tools" will pay the price sooner or later.
Enjoy :)

OK the difference is in this game when you miss your shot it costs you money. Trust me you learn really fast !!
So perhaps the good aim has something to do with the 7500 odd PvP kills against my name ?? Maybe... Just maybe ...

OK the difference is in this game when you miss your shot it costs you money. Trust me you learn really fast !!
So perhaps the good aim has something to do with the 7500 odd PvP kills against my name ?? Maybe... Just maybe ...

I wasn't talking about you man.Go outside and check the others and let me know :)

How do we look up how many PvP kills an avatar has to its name?

<removed 3rdparty hosted gif>

I dont know you and my post was not aimed dirrectly on you.
Yes now i see from soc name what profession you do in EU.
Thats surprising that one with certain profession dont know anything about variouis tools, exploits, cheats , about various support cases of many players, about various threads with that topic ect..

Seeing that you felt in need to quote me and answer could meen that you feel compromised in some way what could be understood as half guilty already.
What upset you mostly - mentioning of some programs or ban hammer?
Also you must probably know that in many games win in pvp one who have best script, able to beat tousand times any human RL skills and that programs cost a fortune as you mention "credit card ubers".
If you are still with "hand to eyes coordination" thingie in EU then i admire you but you know that EU is not a game you have to win a batle, castle or similar as in other games where participant do not lose anything except time and reputation and even there ppl use all kind of assistence and help in game and out of game.

Its RCE, where ppl with your proffession must win, is all about money obtained with succesfull robery.
Its expected that ppl in your profession are resistant to various labels that get glued to members of this profession by rest of comunity and do not react on acusations.
Specialy if you are innocent.

Toss in a few rams for good measure.

I hade some Russian geezer camping Caly safe zone waiting for me to go PvP enabled, as soon as he came in I rammed him, then he went into the space station. LOL

The best way to fight pirates is to make sure you never, ever carry lootable items in space.:

yup, i never carry lootable, at last something i forgot to put in storage, but it is very low value, and i advice always my passengers to not carry lootable.

Last edited:
My advice would be to use the select target and autoshoot. If target is selected the hitbox seems to become larger, at least during a quick move away from target.

Also, DONT PANIC! If you try to escape, they get extra shots at you. Fight like you mean it :) Practice quick turnaround and shoot first, ask later :)

Or just avoid space when carrying loot :p (like me :D )

How do we look up how many PvP kills an avatar has to its name?

There are a few achievements to track that.
You can't know exact how many kills you have, but at least the minimum you have done once you unlock the achievements.

Reactions: Mac
So... Since your not looking to "fight your way out", figure putting down the best way to make them spend is the next best thing to do for ya.

1 - fly strait, dont do loops, spins, or anything like that

2 - alternate between ctr/shift, so your ship bobs up and down

The key to this is hiding the flat top and bottom side of your quad, and instead forcing them to take shots from directly behind or lose range reorienting to a higher or lower position to you to get an angle on there shot.

Think of it like shooting a piece of paper. Shooting the flat side would be super easy, lay it flat and try to shoot the side, and it's near impossible.

GL and if you need more info about fighting pirates, or avoiding them contact me ingame.

Back