Why do ma refuse to communicate

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
No matter what they say - this is not a free game.

Their advertising is poor so the only real way to bring people into this game is by word of mouth.

We have an issue over downloads - after significant prompting they point out the issue but say no more. Why do they refuse to communicate with us? Better communications might lead to better relations between the player base and the company that owns the product; we would then recommend the game to our friends. At the moment all we seem to get is nothing less than extreme unremitting arrogance.

Your product may be great - but there are new products coming into the market every day - just communicate with us !!!

we would then recommend the game to our friends.

I told them many times in SC that i will never recomend it to one of my friends.
But indeed they don't seem to care about it.

MA are terrible at communicating with players they really need to connect with players better. So many things people has asked and never get a answer too. In the end people make up tin pot hat theories and then others buy into as MA dont say otherwise. Take the Vixens being planet bound alot of people blamed Toulan in till they released a statement saying he nothing to do with them. Alot of people pay and invest a lot of money in this game and you would think they could make some sort of effort to tell them what is happening.

Recommendations stopped at 3 people...

Don't think I will again in future either...

Should i even read further as this opening sentence gives away that OP has little or no clue about how to play this game. This is free game, if you want to invest in yourself, you are free to do so, but it is not needed to enjoy the game (even on the highest levels.) I can prove it is possible to play without depositing (paying money to play), can you prove otherwise?

The other part of of your post about no communication, they did post that they are working on it, but as you might have noticed that not all ppl have this problem, as most of players have anti-virus software that isnt alarmed so easiliy for false-positive. I am sure MA has to ask those who made those AV softwares what is causing this false-positive result. It might be something simple like Chat log, being detected as trojan or something like this.
They said they are working on it, is there anything else they should say also ?

"Dear participants, we want to let you know, that some of you who have problems with your Anti-Virus software are still unable to log in, but as we posted yesterday, we are still working on the issue, although actually we havent done anything, as it is out of control what AV software detects."

Also you can disable the AV until it is fixed.

... it is out of control what AV software detects.
Actually it's a little more complicated than that. I don't know about MA's policy in this case but larger software companies usually forward those problems with false positives to the AV software companies, who in turn then update their software to ignore those false positives in the future.
Suppose this is what MA is doing (again, i have no idea if they are) - you can imagine this process will take some time and until the problem is solved you don't have any useful info you could share with your customers, besides the usual "We're working on it."

Actually it's a little more complicated than that. I don't know about MA's policy in this case but larger software companies usually forward those problems with false positives to the AV software companies, who in turn then update their software to ignore those false positives in the future.
Suppose this is what MA is doing (again, i have no idea if they are) - you can imagine this process will take some time and until the problem is solved you don't have any useful info you could share with your customers, besides the usual "We're working on it."

Would AV software companies really give a crap about MA?

Rgds

Ace

Should i even read further as this opening sentence gives away that OP has little or no clue about how to play this game. This is free game, if you want to invest in yourself, you are free to do so, but it is not needed to enjoy the game (even on the highest levels.) I can prove it is possible to play without depositing (paying money to play), can you prove otherwise?

The other part of of your post about no communication, they did post that they are working on it, but as you might have noticed that not all ppl have this problem, as most of players have anti-virus software that isnt alarmed so easiliy for false-positive. I am sure MA has to ask those who made those AV softwares what is causing this false-positive result. It might be something simple like Chat log, being detected as trojan or something like this.
They said they are working on it, is there anything else they should say also ?

This is a player base screaming out for communication from the gaming company and yet they just ignore us. I bet when compets comes out they will want our support then !!

"Dear participants, we want to let you know, that some of you who have problems with your Anti-Virus software are still unable to log in, but as we posted yesterday, we are still working on the issue, although actually we havent done anything, as it is out of control what AV software detects."

Also you can disable the AV until it is fixed.

Unfortunately you only read into something what you wanted to. This is not about game play or game style- I deposit most months $200 into this game; it is affordable for me. The issue is lack of communication - we are not dealing with Microsoft or Apple here. This is a small Swedish gaming company. They read these boards - someone should update us. Most gaming companies would have a representative whose sole purpose in life is player communication. Why does this company not have the same.

I bet when compets come out they will want our support then - MA LEARN TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PLAYER BASE.

Unfortunately you only read into something what you wanted to. This is not about game play or game style- I deposit most months $200 into this game; it is affordable for me. The issue is lack of communication - we are not dealing with Microsoft or Apple here. This is a small Swedish gaming company. They read these boards - someone should update us. Most gaming companies would have a representative whose sole purpose in life is player communication. Why does this company not have the same.

I bet when compets come out they will want our support then - MA LEARN TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PLAYER BASE.

This is completely different from your first sentence and doesnt in no way explain it:
"No matter what they say - this is not a free game"

If you dont want me to comment this phrase, dont post sentences like this.

This is completely different from your first sentence and doesnt in no way explain it:
"No matter what they say - this is not a free game"

If you dont want me to comment this phrase, dont post sentences like this.

OK let me explain it to you. With a free game, one tends to expect poor levels of customer care as the company is quite clearly running on a shoe-string. My comment about this not being a free game is because this is a well funded company that can afford to have in place a player liaison/communications officer.

working hours = communication hours = expensive, ofc communication is needed but its hard kinda hard to decide which sort of communication is important and which is a waste of money :yup:

This was my experience with a false-positive detected by BitDefender in another (much smaller) game I was dabbling with from time to time a couple of years ago. I reported it to the software company, they contacted BitDefender, a day or two later after an update, BitDefender stopped identifying the patch as a virus.

In this case, there is more than one antivirus program that is detecting an issue - Virustotal lists seven:
  • ALYac
  • Arcabit
  • BitDefender
  • Emsisoft
  • F-Secure
  • GData
  • MicroWorld-eScan
So I am not at all surprised that resolving this issue is taking some time. I expect that once they do resolve it, they'll post a notice. (In the meantime, I check it every few hours to see if it's fixed :) Just. In. Case.)

For those suggesting that those of us affected change to a free antivirus - the ones I've looked at have licence conditions similar to AVG:
You may install (download) and use only one copy of the program designated for protection of exclusively one personal computer, notwithstanding as to how many times you download the program and how many times you accept the License Agreement. You must not use the program in a network or on more than one computer. This particular software version is distributed free of charge, therefore, the applicable license is only granted for home use thereof.

I am unable to comply with those licence terms, which is why I use a paid antivirus program in the first place. I imagine others might have similar reasons.

OK let me explain it to you. With a free game, one tends to expect poor levels of customer care as the company is quite clearly running on a shoe-string. My comment about this not being a free game is because this is a well funded company that can afford to have in place a player liaison/communications officer.

Why would you expect poor levels of customer care from free games? I think most of paid games have much worse customer support than free games.

So to conclude IT is a free game AND it doesnt have poor levels of customer care (unless customer happens to be wearing tinfoil hat)

MA doesnt refuse to communicate with players.

They just dont communicate with us at all :laugh:

I am unable to comply with those licence terms, which is why I use a paid antivirus program in the first place. I imagine others might have similar reasons.

Yup, same here, too many machines for using free stuff. Even though I get 3 licenses for free from my ISP, its not enough.

And so far there is no proof yet this is a false positive. That would be the case if people using a virus scanner that does not detect the virus in the client update are successfully detecting the exact same virus in another file that is non-EU related.

Until then it's a real virus that I think MA should treat as such. I do...

The anti virus companies share information between themselves so it's not surprising many are reporting it. I'm using Avast and it's not detecting a virus on the update.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2971186/security/kaspersky-denies-faking-antivirus-info-to-thwart-rivals.html

Antivirus companies, including Kaspersky competitors AVG Technologies and Microsoft, will routinely share information about new attacks they find, such as through the Google-owned service for aggregating virus reports, VirusTotal. This practice helps get word out more quickly about emerging threats.

Kaspersky felt that other companies were just copying his work, without offering any contributions of their own, the ex-employees charged.

In 2010, Kaspersky had publicly complained of copycat antivirus companies. To illustrate his point, his company submitted to VirusTotal the names of 20 benign files, marking them as malicious.

Within a week and a half, the files were marked as malicious by at least 14 security firms, Reuters reported.

So to conclude IT is a free game AND it doesnt have poor levels of customer care (unless customer happens to be wearing tinfoil hat)

I don't have a tin hat on, nor indeed do I have breathing difficulties because of where my mouth is placed - but good customer care - Really; just show me one instance of good corporate communications by MA - just one :mad:

Arguing whether it's free or not is totally irrelevant, as there are loads of totally free games where Devs communicate and interact with playerbase.

And with MA/PC.... well they have short burst like occasional blog or short period where they actually reply on forum to selected few posts/players.
But I think there is no one player who is happy with communication with Devs here...

And so far there is no proof yet this is a false positive. That would be the case if people using a virus scanner that does not detect the virus in the client update are successfully detecting the exact same virus in another file that is non-EU related.
Very true, there is no proof either way, for now.
However, the more advanced virus detection algorithms these days are not simply looking for fixed strings any more. The technology is much more complicated. It is possible for the same AV program to find a real virus in one file and give a false positive for another file - both with the same virus name.

I'm afraid, there's no test we end users could possibly conduct on our own to find out the truth. If you want to be 100% certain, have to wait until the experts will find the solution for us.

The fact that some AV software finds the virus and another doesn't does not prove anything either. There's been documented cases over the years with certain viruses that were not detected even for months after their release by several virusscanners, including most major AV companies. Nobody's perfect! :)

So far, i've taken the risk and installed the update (like many other ppl i can see ingame). So far no unusual activities detected in my PC - hopefully it really was a false positive.

Gwit said:

Why is it that people expect things free?

1. You can login free
2. Sweat and make ped free
3. Find fruit and stone free
4. Use that ped to do what everyone else is doing in game.. free

If you want the same experience as a 300k skill player hoffin on prots like its hot then, deposit like one.
Maybe you should lower your level of expectations closer to the amount you deposit, cause right now
whining game isn't free just makes me shut down my give a damn, and I love new players, and sympathize greatly with those that can't afford to deposit.

However people who contribute nothing that have the entitlement and expectations that they should get the experience I pay for are ignorant.

Last edited:
I can understand why they don't say much about development - what would they tell us? Hey we're working on a new system that uses these resources the first thing that would happen is people stock piling them the prices would inflate and when the system arrives the bubble bursts.

It's always been their main excuse that telling us anything would affect the RCE. But there have been times where they've remained silent about things even when they've been talkative purely in self interest e.g. when they've been selling things and left out vital info that would have reduced the prices achieved.

Why is it that people expect things free?

1. You can login free
2. Sweat and make ped free
3. Find fruit and stone free
4. Use that ped to do what everyone else is doing in game.. free

If you want the same experience as a 300k skill player hoffin on prots like its hot then, deposit like one.
Maybe you should lower your level of expectations closer to the amount you deposit, cause right now
whining game isn't free just makes me shut down my give a damn, and I love new players, and sympathize greatly with those that can't afford to deposit.

However people who contribute nothing that have the entitlement and expectations that they should get the experience I pay for are ignorant.

You have quite clearly not read the post but are a troll.

Its simple they do but its dynamic and in waves :yay:

You have quite clearly not read the post but are a troll.

No sir you are wrong. Resorting to name calling is the first sign that you lack maturity. You are offended that I disagree with you on one aspect of your statement.

If you had stated simply that things are broken and you are frustrated that they don't communicate, that would be a valid point.

But when you made the statement that the game is not free, you opened yourself up to being corrected by facts that state otherwise.

what happened?

No sir you are wrong. Resorting to name calling is the first sign that you lack maturity. You are offended that I disagree with you on one aspect of your statement.

If you had stated simply that things are broken and you are frustrated that they don't communicate, that would be a valid point.

But when you made the statement that the game is not free, you opened yourself up to being corrected by facts that state otherwise.

So let's accept the game is free- and if everyone stopped depositing into the free game what do you think will happen.

Honestly, my lack of maturity or otherwise is irrelevant - you are just missing the point.

So let's accept the game is free- and if everyone stopped depositing into the free game what do you think will happen.

Honestly, my lack of maturity or otherwise is irrelevant - you are just missing the point.

And what do u think would happen to ur precious other 'free games' if ppl stopped spending money there too?

And what do u think would happen to ur precious other 'free games' if ppl stopped spending money there too?

Do you know what - I don't play any other games and this post is not a critique of this game. This post is about one thing and one thing only and that is how a mature software company does not communicate with it's client base. No more no less. If you want to carry on with the "free" or otherwise point - be my guest but debate it somewhere else as quite frankly I don't care.

To answer the thread title.

MA refuses to communicate because players are still depositing.

The moment deposits stop, I promise you, MA will have a lot to say :laugh::laugh:

Back