Merry Mayhem Update

All I know is when I complain my loot is crap and something must be bugged, I get told that it's perfectly normal and I must be stupid and not playing right.
My runs in FFA have been incredible, and I even got rare stars. I can even afford to stockpile some of the guns to sell a later when prices recover. The ammo bonuses (FFA 10k collected) added to the profit.
Of course, I had this nagging feeling that something must be terribly broken if I am now getting good loot since the norm is getting bad loots!
:lolup:

All I know is when I complain my loot is crap and something must be bugged, I get told that it's perfectly normal and I must be stupid and not playing right.
My runs in FFA have been incredible, and I even got rare stars. I can even afford to stockpile some of the guns to sell a later when prices recover. The ammo bonuses (FFA 10k collected) added to the profit.
Of course, I had this nagging feeling that something must be terribly broken if I am now getting good loot since the norm is getting bad loots!
:lolup:

Wait a minute here..it's making sense now! The exploiters are the ones who have not reported this error to MA!!! it's so simple! :)

I believe that part was planned. The lucrative bonuses are the only driving force to participate for those who don't aim for the main prizes. And whoever can reach 10k wouldn't be very impressed with 500 ped ammo bonuses.

Guess your right.

On hindsight, I had a look and found out that the bonus payout structure was exactly the same as for mayhem 2014 solo.

So chances are they just took it and applied it onto the mayhem 2015 FFA category (thinking that it would work fine in the FFA category just as well as it did on the solo)...without thinking through the drop-rates and effects of making these stars tradeable.

I think this was planned.

MA heard us bitch about alts for years.

They did this on purpose to catch all the players that made new accounts from the same IP after the event was started and then traded tokens to them.

And there ya go.....the BANHAMMER list!

See 50% of you later :D

Please publish it. Thank you.

..and in midle of summer we get MSG from Bertha

MM abuse have beed investigated 35 avatars were rewarded whit 5 days ban.
5 were given extra 30 day EU free time..

you are now abble in next 7 days turn your FFA points to UA

blablabla your MA

There should BE WALL OF SHAME
full avatar name , exploit done, type of ban received
on EU web so all can see their names and that MA realy do something agains it

but as now all chaeters/exploiters are happy as all they can get now is just few days temp ban ,
they dont lost any stuff and none will ever know they have been baned ( as there is allways easy lie why i havent been EU last few days..)

Couldn't agree more with this
And for those bitching about CLD income...
Didnt you really find odd why last week was all time low (so i heard) on CLD return DURING event?
It wasnt said anywhere that there won't be any payout
Just that it'll be affected, so hold your horses, turn off your nipples.
Blame the people for taking advantage.

Ok, MA admit exploit in their game. This affect Planet Calypso revenue and thus imply a decreased payout, seems logical consequence.
Now one would expect MA react and deal with those exploiters. How ? I ain't judge, but they should restore some trust in their player base.
As it is it only promote exploiting. Since i play, as long a swe does partake in exploit, the whole game is then nerfed and exploiter keep what he got. So exploit it all the way or you who do play by the rules will massively suffer from this.

Couldn't agree more with this
And for those bitching about CLD income...
Didnt you really find odd why last week was all time low (so i heard) on CLD return DURING event?
It wasnt said anywhere that there won't be any payout
Just that it'll be affected, so hold your horses, turn off your nipples.
Blame the people for taking advantage.

cant find info where its stated that cld income wil be affected cause bonus prices, could u be kind an show directions ? in the other thread i kinda was ok whit bonuses being given from revenue but truly, they should have done it from their share not cld holders.

some peeps did same to ma that ma did to cld holders :wise:

Haven't played in a week, what happened? Who abused what? Any details, like names, numbers etc.? Like, when I lost ~400 PED while getting some 450 points of FFA Stars - if that was "exploiting the generosity of the bonus rewards" - you can have your abused snowflakes back and give me back my tortured 400 PED. :laugh:
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

How is this an exploit??

MA allows selling stars. People sell stars and other people buying these stars get rewarded with ammunition. How is this an exploit? This is using the system as it was designed. Only because it now has an impact on the CLDs, people get accused of exploiting or using a vulnerability? Seriously?

To me this is more a problem of game-design than people on purpose exploiting the game.

MA allows selling stars. People sell stars and other people buying these stars get rewarded with ammunition. How is this an exploit? This is using the system as it was designed. Only because it now has an impact on the CLDs, people get accused of exploiting or using a vulnerability? Seriously?

To me this is more a problem of game-design than people on purpose exploiting the game.

The exploit has nothing to do with people selling or buying stars. It seems people was getting the bonus multiple times by abandoning the mission or making alt avatars.

My 2 pecs as a humble hunter who planned to farm and sell the stars to the highest bidder (same as many low level players):
Those stars had to be dropped right?
People had to hunt for them right?

I did like 6 hours FFA lvl 1 and lvl2, I barely got 500 something stars!
(didn`t get even one single 250/ 500/ 1000 pts star)
Last 2 runs I got 150 peds loss/ hour (as someone else already mentioned), so I stopped, the loses are to big to keep hunting for farming stars.
In general, if people hunt, spend money, have low returns, and get stars, they won`t be cheap, besides MA won`t have a problem with it, since they are payed by the loses!

Now the questions is: where would the exploiters buy cheap stars from??
My answer: unbalanced drop rate at high levels.
MA fucked up the drop rate completely at high levels, this is where the stars came from.
Low-mid players didn`t have enough stars to sell, barely had for themselves!
(someone also reported in this thread that he couldn`t find stars to buy even at 18 pec)

Some high level players thought they`d take advantage and the craziness with multiple alts started.

Who will pay for this?
The mid level player who barely made 10k points for himself and now is denied the bonus and had low tt returns.
The low level player who had low tt returns but didn`t even get a few k stars to sell to cover some losses.
MA, because they had to handle out tens of thousands TT worth of ammo (eventually, the same low/ mid level players who will keep grinding with low tt returns).

It`s all about the drop rate at high levels, and about exploiters finding a way to generate peds from the system!
(remember? when average Joe is losing money, MA won`t do shit, when they`re losing money they`ll act immediately!

All of these because MA are a bunch of amateurs who can`t organize anything properly, and who can`t even listen to those willing to help!

Once again, the honest average Joe will pay for MA mistakes and nothing will happen to the exploiters!

Kinda puts things in perspective...

I'm curious to see the impact on the CLD as they mentioned. If it is huge, it shows how fragile the system really is and how small the active playerbase is.

Aside from that, time to ban those exploiters or ban the people who create these events.

Atami

Ive thought about this alot and frankly I don't understand fully the part where its exploiting or how its done but maybe Im not supposed to do that. What I do understand is huge amounts of people hunting and cycling peds buying L stuff that another player loots etc......was this the best idea MA had just they put a too high value to the UA reward ???

I mean even if an "alt" gets the stars somebody has to farm them and cycle peds in the instance and even though whatever person gets them it still has to be cycled and at some level of reward/droprate there must be a point where its good for all partys.

Its hard for me to see the bigger picture here but to me it seems like if the reward in UA was slightly smaller maybe it would have been a great system???

If there was some more advanced ways of tricking the system or exploiting then I sure hope MA hit them where it hurts the most....in their wallets :D

//Linz

The whole purposes of FFA was sell starts

IF
Player grinded to 10k FFA stars
Bought 10k FFA stars

it SHOULDN'T be an exploit cos i feel that was the intention, even tho plenty of people purelly did it for that single reason.

However Bertha should be clear who cheated and what was the cheat

The whole purposes of FFA was sell starts

IF
Player grinded to 10k FFA stars
Bought 10k FFA stars

it SHOULDN'T be an exploit cos i feel that was the intention, even tho plenty of people purelly did it for that single reason.

However Bertha should be clear who cheated and what was the cheat

The problem was the high drop rate at high levels, and the high reward for it.
The exploit was: people creating/ using alts to farm the rewards, draining peds from the system.

Bertha will never be clear on who cheated.
They need clients, they need people to spend money in their system.
Their move will probably be a temp ban, but will allow the cheaters to come back, hoping that their system will make the money back.

I'm curious to see the impact on the CLD as they mentioned. If it is huge, it shows how fragile the system really is and how small the active playerbase is.

Aside from that, time to ban those exploiters or ban the people who create these events.

Atami

The CLD were down about 30% or so last week with the event only running for less than 4 days.

Reactions: das
The problem was the high drop rate at high levels, and the high reward for it.
The exploit was: people creating/ using alts to farm the rewards, draining peds from the system.

But you do see the flaw in this right? Be it alt or more players here, it's the same result. So what is being stated here is that there would be simply way to many players playing the game if these alts were simply more people in the event since more or less it's costing the same amount of money to get the results be it more players or alts here.

At the end I can see the issue with the high MU but sorry can't see MA blaming it on exploiters here.

But you do see the flaw in this right? Be it alt or more players here, it's the same result. So what is being stated here is that there would be simply way to many players playing the game if these alts were simply more people in the event since more or less it's costing the same amount of money to get the results be it more players or alts here.

At the end I can see the issue with the high MU but sorry can't see MA blaming it on exploiters here.

Yeah, they need to blame it on themselves.

Also am I missing something here or do UA have no effect on CLDs? If so..well..answers why MA released them.

Last edited:
That's some bloody serious ped scammed from the system to make CLD pay-out's so damned low, the past week.

MA, they have robbed you, the players, me, and a temp ban is not good enough, it should be a perm ban.

If it's not a permanent ban, and a public admition those responsible are perm banned, I might feel like selling out, as pissed off with this, especially as Solo mayhem returns the past 4 or 5 days have been complete shite.

Also am I missing something here or do AU have no effect on CLDs? If so..well..answers why MA released them.

because CLD = CALYPSO Land Deeds
AUD = Arkadian Underground

Where revenue from CLD is taken from activity on all of Planet Calypso, and revenue from AUD from the taxes in Arkadia Underground, more like traditional landareas. (no strike :( ) See next post for correct source of AUD revenue.

Last edited:
Where revenue from CLD is taken from activity on all of Planet Calypso, and revenue from AUD from the taxes in Arkadia Underground, more like traditional landareas.

Incorrect.

CLDs are a revenue share of Calypso revenue, including activity on the planet and from Calypso born avatars.
1 AUD is 1/200000th of a share of the Arkadia Underground

Both of which Oz knows. I don't know why he is suddenly feigning ignorance to further more MA bashing.

Sorry my error here..UA not AU heh...Does Universal Ammo have no effect on CLDs?

I agree on the punishment required. If I was in charge I would plot everyone who made alts during this mess and ban them for life. Not a temporary BS like they always do, accounts deleted end of the story.

Otherwise I will be one step closer to the only logical conclusion, that exploiting is the right thing to do. Since, you know, they get all the benefits and none of the consequences while the rest of us suffer the nerfs and global punishments anyway.

The system has flaws, but they chose to abuse them knowing it was wrong. So that is no excuse at all.

Last question here (maybe) is the exploit being that alt ava are created since you get free stars for joining the event? If this is so yes fully support MA here.

The CLD were down about 30% or so last week with the event only running for less than 4 days.

That's the strange thing, because from what I read in the past the CLD are based on the average of the last 3 months ... never really understood how they came to the figures .. but I did enjoy the payouts :)

Just read they will punish the cheaters, which is a good thing.
I'm interested to see who it was.

I'm still interested in what the exploit is.

Would selling points to friends for cheap in order to get bonus rewards be considered exploit?

I can totally see using alts is considered an exploit though, since they aren't allowed in the first place.

I'm still interested in what the exploit is.

Would selling points to friends for cheap in order to get bonus rewards be considered exploit?

I can totally see using alts is considered an exploit though, since they aren't allowed in the first place.

Sell??????? Omg i want them for free filip:wtg:

Back