Is it allways night now or is it just me?

Entropia Free Edition (24/7 night)
Entropia Advanced (normal day/night cycles)
Entropia Professional (user can choose the amount of suns and moons in the sky and their sizes, trajectories and speed)
Entropia Ultimate (same as above but affects everyone in the area; behold my lighting show, bitches!)

(oh shit, did I thought that out loud?!!:D)

OMG That is brilliant! :laugh: :lolup:

Now could MA please pay their light bill?

(I'm starting to feel like a Morlock) :eyecrazy:

I played for 4 hours not knowing there was this thread..I waited and waited,then tried to changed my settings..
It was really annoying hunting in the dark the whole time.:scratch2:

On the bright side (no pun intended) maybe they are introducing 'glow-in-the-dark' mobs and moonlight hunting for lovers or something? :eyecrazy::laugh:

I think I saw some glow in the dark Caperon Stalkers at Fort Isis. :eyecrazy:

It's a known issue and it will be corrected.

Thanks, no night cycles at all would work best for me, please give us a graphic option to de-select Night Cycles so we don't see it at all if we don't want to play that game.

kthxbi

:tiphat:

Err, we've since had a patch haven't we? Or was it an eye patch? Is that why I still can't see?
Nighty nighty EU.....
I think I want a legendary groundhog pet that makes a 'MA's done it again!' sound over and over ;) until the cockerel crows!

If there is no difference between night and day that affect gameplay (like range, mob aggro...) why having day/night at first place?

If there is no difference between night and day that affect gameplay (like range, mob aggro...) why having day/night at first place?

Well. Personally, I think its a lot more comfortable hunting with daylight and less exhausting for ones eyes..

I do hope this gets fixed soon!

I thought it might have been part of a developing story line... nevermind.

I don't want the day-night cycle to go away, but I only rather recently discovered that you can't use gamma correction to improve night-time visibility while in windowed mode. Happened I just never used it and wondered what everybody was complaining about.

I don't know what the technical issues are standing in the way, but if this could be made available in windowed mode it would sure help a lot. I hate the idea that a problem affecting only a part of the user base and is based on usage patterns leads to an imposition on everybody.

Yes, same issue.

Though now I think about it, there used to be pathfinders streaking across the sky, havn't seen those either in some time now. Then again I'm not sure I ever saw them in the night sky.

Ok Mindark, I think you've made your point regarding those that dont like the Day / Night cycle and those that dont like the 20 mins of night time on Calypso.

(Personally I've always liked the Day / Night cycle but permanant night gets a bit too Arctic Circle for me)

Ithaca at night

Can we not do the full 30 Days of Night please and go back to how it used to be? TY. :thumbup:

They @MA used to have avatars to play. I wonder if they still do and if they can hunt or mine anything as it is right now :mad:

Last 2-3 days I login at Fort Fury and it's always night. Now I am 52 minutes online and its night. I guess after 8 minutes in wont be day. Did they changed the day/night cicle or just for 1st of April :scratch2:

did you saw a sun in space ?

I wonder how many potential new players we've lost already, because they are logging in and realizing they are trapped in the darkness for their first 4-5 hours in game :laugh:

Maybe Entropia is a sci-fi horror game? :scratch2:

:dunce:

I wonder how many potential new players we've lost already, because they are logging in and realizing they are trapped in the darkness for their first 4-5 hours in game :laugh:

Whoever can be turned down by such a minor nuisance wouldn't have survived for long anyway :D

For first 10 years PE never had such problems.
Calypso had two moons, sun ect and description in backstory that Clay never have a night.
But after 10 years seem some kids grow up a bit and wanted lollipop to play with so dad bought cry2 and turned light off.
Calypso lost a bit his sci fi esence witch made it different from planet Earth.
It was a disaster witch many colonists did not survive and the rest have hard time to get used still nowadays.

Think we will ever see day light again :)

Just wondering, what do you think :confused:

Whoever can be turned down by such a minor nuisance wouldn't have survived for long anyway :D

Driving around in complete darkness for the first 2 hours of boring beginner missions would have turned me off of the game probably, but that's just me I guess :wtg:

I preferred starting in Port Atlantis with no annoying missions, the free stuff is nice though :laugh:

I hope so. Literally 50% of the time I log in it's complete darkness, makes me not want to play

Always night now ..never day

Yes, next VU there will only be day time again, for the second time. Then people will make another thread "Will we ever see nightime again?" Only for MA to yet again turn back EU to full darkness until the next VU, and repeat * ∞

:lolup:

Always night...never day

Talking about "complete darkness". You guys really should calibrate your displays, because their gamma is way off :). Here are mine, Windowed mode.

Mine are certainly ok, been calibrated with a datacolor spyder. I don't say that permanent night is good, but it's not really a complete disaster either.

Now Arkadian nights - those are really an example of complete darkness.

Now Arkadian nights - those are really an example of complete darkness.

Yes, I have been on Arkadia mostly these last few days and that's mostly what I'm referring to.

I've been told the beginner missions on Arkadia now require something like ~30min of continuous driving around the map in your hoverpod. I can definitely imagine people turning off the game when you couple those boring missions with the darkness :(

their gamma is way off :). Here are mine, Windowed mode.

How do you get the gamma slider to work for windowed mode? :eyecrazy:

Or are you calibrating your entire screen via Windows? If so, your other programs/screens must be white as f*ck.

How do you get the gamma slider to work for windowed mode? :eyecrazy:

Or are you calibrating your entire screen via Windows? If so, your other programs/screens must be white as f*ck.

You got it wrong. My screens are calibrated because I often use this PC for prepress, has nothing to do with EU, I mentioned it only to emphasis that my visual settings can't be off. I don't make any special adjustments for EU and of course I can't change gamma in windowed mode, nor I need to. About white as f*ck, don't think so, judge for yourself.

Back