Merry Mayhem And Other Events...

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
OK just a simple suggestions that would probably increase user participation in events and even sooth some of the bad blood people get about "bad returns".

Personally, I'm getting kinda sick of most everything in this game always being winner take all. How about throwing in some prizes on these events where everyone has an equal chance regardless of skill level and how much money you've got to blow?

For example, merry mayhem - yeah you've got the top 15 prizes or whatever it is and that's great. But it would be nice if you also offered like 100 random prizes to be given out to random participants (as long as they earn/submit at least 1 point). It doesn't have to be anything crazy - 50 peds worth of universal ammo would be a decent prize I think. That way EVERYONE at least has a chance at a small prize with the value of a global.

I mean you're giving out probably close to 100,000 peds worth in prizes... would an extra 5000 peds for random prizes really break the bank here? That's 100 more people that can feel good about participating in an event even if they had no hope in hell of winning the "big" prizes.

Guy goes in and cycles 400 ped ammo... loses 100 peds. 75% return, feels kinda meh about it. Then randomly wins 50 peds in the random prize giveaway at the end of the event and suddenly the return (87.5%) doesn't seem so bad ya know?

Could also add in some puny tiers as well - give the noobies that can only do 50 ped hunting runs a shot at one of the 50 ped prizes. Might get more of them participating. 1,000 noobies each cycling 50 peds that they might not otherwise cycle... that's an extra 50k cycled. Could probably even pay for the entire random prize giveaway.

Anyways.... just a suggestion that I'm sure MA will never read.

Uh.... you do know they do this right.... merry mayhem particularly (and my events too, in sig). There's a solo mission that gives UA based on points. It's what you describe.

Uh.... you do know they do this right.... merry mayhem particularly (and my events too, in sig). There's a solo mission that gives UA based on points. It's what you describe.

I think what he means that random players gets a prize. Like in previous MM events if your number 50 you got prize. Doc Gray dose is at his weekend noob events on Rocktropia he picks a number (4 to max number of players in event) and they get special prize.

no thanks.

if u cant aford to invest in gear to win something then why should you also win random lotto style piles of money at the cld investers expense?

i dont think ur sick of winner takes all; i think ur sick of players who take the time money and effort to win, all of which you dont seem to have.

EU is an investment strategy game. if you dont invest why should you win anything? you want the cake but you put in no effort into the making of the cake. screw u :D

no thanks.

if u cant aford to invest in gear to win something then why should you also win random lotto style piles of money at the cld investers expense?

i dont think ur sick of winner takes all; i think ur sick of players who take the time money and effort to win, all of which you dont seem to have.

EU is an investment strategy game. if you dont invest why should you win anything? you want the cake but you put in no effort into the making of the cake. screw u :D

And in ten years the game will be down to 100 active players who all have great equipment.

And in ten years the game will be down to 100 active players who all have great equipment.

Well if everyone has great equipment, it's not "great", it'll be considered "average" ;)

To the point, rather than messing with their current event structure, I would simply prefer that we see more variety in events. More newbie-only events to give the low level players something fun to do (grinding kerbs gets boring), maybe some mining/crafting events, etc.

NEVERDIE's bullseye event was pretty cool and unique, wish the Caly team would think outside the box a bit more.

no thanks.

You might want to think of encouraging those who pay in, as well as those who take out, otherwise your investment strategy will end up looking pretty dumb.

You might want to think of encouraging those who pay in, as well as those who take out, otherwise your investment strategy will end up looking pretty dumb.

I think you mistake my intentions. I am supportive of those who put in, in fact i would very much like ma to create more incentives for investing in your avatar. And more incentives for leveling up. I see no reason to level past 85~ so that is where my investment ends. I have never bashed any one for withdrawing either.

I also have massive respect for those who have not deposited and have achieved lv40+ they clearly used their head an put in ridiculous levels of effort and time.

Those i have zero respect for are the ones who put in little to no time or effort or intelligence and have also achieved nothing. Yet cry the loudest when everything isnt handed to them freely.

Im not going to sugar coat it for them, i will not wipe their asses for them, and i will not; to the best of my efforts; pay for them.

I think what he means that random players gets a prize. Like in previous MM events if your number 50 you got prize. Doc Gray dose is at his weekend noob events on Rocktropia he picks a number (4 to max number of players in event) and they get special prize.

Oh I see. But again, they already have these payback missions to give UA or ark gives skill pills back. Mm used to pay down more than top 10. Like a nice prize for 15th and 20th etc.

Oh I see. But again, they already have these payback missions to give UA or ark gives skill pills back. Mm used to pay down more than top 10. Like a nice prize for 15th and 20th etc.

I think he literally meant random prizes, just by playing the game normally.

We used to call this items in loot, but they dont exist much anymore ;)

no thanks.

Those i have zero respect for are the ones who put in little to no time or effort or intelligence and have also achieved nothing. Yet cry the loudest when everything isnt handed to them freely.

Im not going to sugar coat it for them, i will not wipe their asses for them, and i will not; to the best of my efforts; pay for them.

Geez guy, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting this for my benefit solely. I'm trying to think of new players and empathize with their situation. Don't think I'm someone that hasn't put in anything and is looking for a handout here. I've invested a lot into this game - time and money. In MM alone I cycled many thousands of peds in ammo. But that's besides the point. I'm just trying to suggest thing to help keep this game that I love alive for another 10 years.

Look man, it could also be argued that on the other end of it people have zero respect for people with more money than sense thinking the world should bend over backwards for them just because they can throw money around.

Entropia is as much an "investment" as it is "gambling". It really depends on what you're doing in game and where you're spending your money. I agree in a sense that those investing should be rewarded and why I'm somewhat happy about the availability and price of bigger investments (shops, LA, deeds, spaceships...etc) and am not suggesting those things be thrown around "randomly". But I don't consider Hunting, Mining or Crafting as an "investment" and think that anyone who does is pretty foolish aside from VERY few exceptions. Such as crafting when you hold the ONLY blueprint of a valuable item. But grinding away on mobs just expecting an ATH to level you out or bump you into profit because you spent a shitload on gear IS NOT an investment strategy.

I'm also not suggesting doing away with the large prizes in events for the players that grind out those events. I'm suggesting that they also add in some random incentives to keep all those people on the bottom interested in continuing to put into the game. By your logic because someone can only put in 1/100th the amount of a top depositor that means they should have ZERO chance to get any payout in EU? I mean why the hell should they even try if it literally just boils down to whoever puts more money in wins the event or EU in general? The game survives BECAUSE of those on the bottom - not the top 1% that's pulling all the money out (similar to what Aio said).

Also, do you not understand anything about economics and HOW those CLDs are funded? They are already paying out like 100,000 ped in prizes. Which is 150% funded by the EXTRA amount grinded during that event. One of the reasons why CLDs get a bump in payment during these events. And regardless, 5k extra isn't going to make a huge difference. Also the prize I'm suggesting would be 50 ped in universal ammo meaning it would be cycled BACK into eu thus INCREASING CLD revenue at the end of the day. You see how that works?

In any case there's no point arguing with you, I gather you're a man that when he's made his mind up about something that's it - it's god's rule and nothing will change that. I also gather you're a man with money, someone that enjoys the finer things in life. Probably the reason you're paying for the HIGHEST level of membership on the forum...

And the reason you're getting so pissed about this and are passionate about the idea that only those paying/investing big should hit big is because you've probably got 300k+ skills and no less than 100k peds in gear on your avatar and your biggest loot in nearly 7 years of playing (and paying) is a 10k hof nearly 6 years ago. And you're getting sick of players with less investment getting more than you out of EU. Am I getting warm?

Whatever man... keep up with that belief system and keep doing what you're doing it's bound to work out for ya one day ;)

Yeah, they used to do prizes like that which was good. And I'm aware of the small paybacks as you grind along but those all cater to people who grind a good amount of peds. But I'm suggesting that they also add in essentially a pittance to be given out randomly between all participants where there is no way to gain an edge by simply throwing money at the situation so that those who've only got 50 peds of ammo (after a month of sweating) have a equal shot to win a small random prize. We need these types of things to keep the lower level players interested as they are the lifeblood of EU.

Last edited:
Back