Question: Why aren't more people Mining?

Why aren't more people Mining? (select all that apply)

• Because the Mining profession is a dead-end

Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Because the current Mining system (waves) is boring/sucks

Votes: 81 61.4%
  • Because Mining is just not profitable

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Because Hunting is much more fun/engaging

Votes: 54 40.9%
  • Because other activities/professions are more profitable

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Because there is no Mayhem/event for Miners

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Because there's not enough UL gear or rewards for Miners

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 16 12.1%

• Total voters
how are we suppose to make the new players like this game when we mislead them every step of the way?

(editing my posts for no reason)

Last edited:
We should just have a chat channel for waves where people post when the wave starts and we can all benefit and only spend during waves. All you need is one person hunting a puny mob that is on waves and the rest of the universe can just chill and wait for their post in the channel. If players only play during the peak of waves MA will need to adjust it

Reactions: LNU
In order to remove waves system and implement a no cap system MA would have to:

1- Create a sink to all resources through crafting so there isnt any or a lot surplus avaliable at any time of any resource that could not be replaced quickly.
2- EP bps would have to be fixed to use a lot of this loot so it is not possible to use it to bypass economy in creating residue.
3- unL has to repair from crafted wire or alike to maintain or bring a bit closer the EV between unL vs L and ubers vs noobs. This gap in hunting is huge at the moment.

Since developers and population are not ready for 2 and 3 mining is good as it is. You can win, but only as much as MA says you can.

Amping above the cap resource threshold you pay MU for a guarantee of no rares and increased tt food. So why amp big? Who cares, big amps are for sucker gamblers only right? 🤦‍♂️

Also the recent behaviour of Igni just emphatizes the problems with the waves system. I will let everyone draw theyr own conclusions on that one...

P.S.: If you think NRFs are bad for mining just consider this. You dont have to run back 50 mts each drop to grab .50pec of shrapnel, it just acumulates for the next claim ;) If you don´t have the heart for 10 or 20 NRFs mining is definitly not for you.

People don’t mine because other people don’t share info on what is where. Hunters share loot info and are not greedy, same with crafters, but miners keep their maps secret.
Pure greed is why people don’t mine.

This is a rough point.

Evey can tell you his exact plan for Mayhem. Or just for some skilling during the week, or whatever. It doesn't matter. There's like what, 3 players in the game who might interfere or compete in some way? 10?

Auktuma can spill out to you all the wisdom of crafting, ever. But TBH it's also grinding millions of PED at high loss on earning QR and levels, constantly on a curve longer than any other profession (to be an all-around crafter). If you're even showing interest in this path, why would he not want to talk shop with a fellow enthusiast?

If a high level miner, hundreds of hours of logging and tracking, etc... was to share his mining map, every relative noob in the game can go wreck his day. Perhaps literally a few noobs with rookie finders, but it's only 25 levels or less to start hitting around 700+ depth. And low levels affording to mine deep gamble with big amps. My highest level in mining is roughly 28 or something and I can hit almost anything a level 120 miner could.

It's as much fear as greed.

mining has more to do with timing and hitting the rare waves and no so much which servers will give u most MU

It's really not. This is what gamblers do, and more advanced players to some extent can't ignore it.

Going TT Plus or breakeven in mining is far easier than any other profession. I realize that's just my experience - and I don't ignore obvious wave announcements on the global channel or anything. But hunting I'm watching HARD for the waves. I stack corpses, etc... and still sometimes struggle. Crafting, I sometimes slow down to manual clicking.

If I want to mine, I go mine. It's usually OK. Learn to get out of a crap area if you're not trying to map. If mining was so hard, if rare drops and MU waves were the only way - we wouldn't have multiple pages of people talking about really, mostly, how boring it is.

100% behind 'All of the above'!!

Players don't mine indoors like they used to!

In order to remove waves system and implement a no cap system MA would have to:

1- Create a sink to all resources through crafting so there isnt any or a lot surplus avaliable at any time of any resource that could not be replaced quickly.
2- EP bps would have to be fixed to use a lot of this loot so it is not possible to use it to bypass economy in creating residue.
3- unL has to repair from crafted wire or alike to maintain or bring a bit closer the EV between unL vs L and ubers vs noobs. This gap in hunting is huge at the moment.
1. Agreed. But it won't happen. Whatever changes the community propose, MA won't bother if it means slower ped cycling. Everything MA does points in the opposite direction of your proposals: High DPS UL guns, BIG UL amps --> heavy cycling non-stop. No need for MU input anywhere (but everyone hopes for MU output lol... you see where this is going in the end. A case study of a bubble.).

2. Mined volume is too low. There are not enough players to supply EP crafters in order for MU to stay at a low % (else the EP crafting will be reduced, which is not something MA would want)

3. Good idea! However, it will have the same problem as (2.), namely too few players to keep volume up. And (1.). What would happen if people couldn't repair their UL gun on the fly? Or the wire or whatever wasn't available for purchasing? MA would lose out on a lot of pew pew-ing.

1. Agreed. But it won't happen. Whatever changes the community propose, MA won't bother if it means slower ped cycling. Everything MA does points in the opposite direction of your proposals: High DPS UL guns, BIG UL amps --> heavy cycling non-stop. No need for MU input anywhere (but everyone hopes for MU output lol... you see where this is going in the end. A case study of a bubble.).

2. Mined volume is too low. There are not enough players to supply EP crafters in order for MU to stay at a low % (else the EP crafting will be reduced, which is not something MA would want)

3. Good idea! However, it will have the same problem as (2.), namely too few players to keep volume up. And (1.). What would happen if people couldn't repair their UL gun on the fly? Or the wire or whatever wasn't available for purchasing? MA would lose out on a lot of pew pew-ing.
It could work if there was a new tool that would refine anything into nanocubes while removing them from the TT. And by anything I mean not just mining resources, but also animal oils and everything else, maybe even account bound items such as the armor from the starter pack. If this were to happen there might be just enough cubes on the market to supply crafters since most big hunters just TT their oils and a lot of the other stuff they get.

If a high level miner, hundreds of hours of logging and tracking, etc... was to share his mining map, every relative noob in the game can go wreck his day. Perhaps literally a few noobs with rookie finders, but it's only 25 levels or less to start hitting around 700+ depth. And low levels affording to mine deep gamble with big amps. My highest level in mining is roughly 28 or something and I can hit almost anything a level 120 miner could.

Happy to sell location of MU for 20kped - can add in some wave details for another 10k

Sky is the limit to the profit you will make.

Happy to sell location of MU for 20kped

I already told you for 20K you have to get me the real maps.

The one that most many of the miners in the game are contributing to.

Mmmmm I bet they have spawn outlines marked just as well as the PVP areas and cities on the in-game map.

:drool:

EDIT: I'm teasing ofc about the 20k but @Art Jennifer makes a solid point and it's reinforcing to the quoted post. The only hard part about mining (I'm ignoring waves) is knowing where stuff is at. Gear, Skills, everything else - it's nothing compared to other professions. Of course nobody will speak of it.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if they're getting some PMs on that offer.

Last edited:
I already told you for 20K you have to get me the real maps.

The one that most many of the miners in the game are contributing to.

Mmmmm I bet they have spawn outlines marked just as well as the PVP areas and cities on the in-game map.

:drool:

Frakite was a thing on Arkadia in desert area, not sure of state of market now as play extremely casually now.
Also are some places for igni on ark and cyrene probably also places on other planets but not as plugged in on them but then ofc have to account for warping as auctions not as active.
Caly is argus non lootable pvp for pyrite, full of green dots bombing away and lootable also for pyrite with risk ofc (lootable pvp mining a bit safer with low traffic planets lootable areas).

There are still places that if you figure the timing can do well, and places that overall mark up works. Just not as easy as past when amp condition gamblers were cycling in way distant past.

Caly is argus non lootable pvp for pyrite, full of green dots bombing away and lootable also for pyrite with risk ofc.

I keep hearing this around argus - when I went and found a tidbit of pyrite it was under a hogglo lol. And I only ever saw one green dot but it was at some odd hours.

I'd rather face a Muluk-Hir than a Hogglo :)

I deleted the other comment, I misread your sentence. I thought you were trying to say it was risky to mine at argus :LOL:

I keep hearing this around argus - when I went and found a tidbit of pyrite it was under a hogglo lol. And I only ever saw one green dot but it was at some odd hours.

I'd rather face a Muluk-Hir than a Hogglo :)

Wait, what risk? Get a little ouchie from Hammer?

Not been in for a while, but old Ben Cobra coming at 100 mph scarred me for months as a new pvp miner many years ago. :D

I see you caught a quote before I edited, heh.

Space pirates make me so f#@$!%in mad. But for some reason, I like to mine in real PVP.

Best not to spend too much time thinking about that I guess :eyecrazy:

Apparently it works out well with so many people up at argus fighting over little droplets of low-risk pyrite.

I see you caught a quote before I edited, heh.

Space pirates make me so f#@$!%in mad. But for some reason, I like to mine in real PVP.

Best not to spend too much time thinking about that I guess :eyecrazy:

Apparently it works out well with so many people up at argus fighting over little droplets of low-risk pyrite.

Different strokes for different folks :)
I tried couple runs in argus, yes got some pyrite but yes lacks the feel (panic!) of lootable.
Space never bothered me, except the old annoyance of leaving stations twice with the pierats about :D

I was wondering...
Why don't we get skills from refining? oop oooop, new profession, Refining!
Just to add more ideas/sugar (❁´◡`❁)

Shouldn´t it be alarming to the players that the game is further and further away from a game and becoming ponzi on top of ponzi?

I thought FTX and Thether were a lesson to learn already :p

Give them loot from both hunting and mining so no one corners the market at any point. Maybe removing nanos from TT ends up being to harsh. But make EPs at least like 50/50 nanos to loot.
Why would that happen?

Wouldn´t 2 and 3 be the ultimate goal of the RCE part? Create demand/oportunities between professions?

What would happen if gamblers stop clicking EPs? Have you ever thought of that the game is dependant on the good will of EP clickers to produce cheap residue? What will happen when they leave? Where will you get MU from hunting with L guns crafted with residue at true cost price?

All in all. Whats is better? As a customer what system do you prefer?

- A system that balances itself out across 3 professions where demand for a profession is a thing. Balance team hardly ever has to touch the system making for a secure and trustworthy environment.

- A system that relies on the avaliability of EP gamblers to maintain itself afloat. If they stop game stops at least for L users. Balance team gets to play god whenever they fell like it in the name of balance with all the dark clouds that casts over the integrity of the game.

Last edited:
This is a rough point.

Evey can tell you his exact plan for Mayhem. Or just for some skilling during the week, or whatever. It doesn't matter. There's like what, 3 players in the game who might interfere or compete in some way? 10?

Auktuma can spill out to you all the wisdom of crafting, ever. But TBH it's also grinding millions of PED at high loss on earning QR and levels, constantly on a curve longer than any other profession (to be an all-around crafter). If you're even showing interest in this path, why would he not want to talk shop with a fellow enthusiast?

It's as much fear as greed.

It's really not. This is what gamblers do, and more advanced players to some extent can't ignore it.

Going TT Plus or breakeven in mining is far easier than any other profession. I realize that's just my experience - and I don't ignore obvious wave announcements on the global channel or anything. But hunting I'm watching HARD for the waves. I stack corpses, etc... and still sometimes struggle. Crafting, I sometimes slow down to manual clicking.

If I want to mine, I go mine. It's usually OK. Learn to get out of a crap area if you're not trying to map. If mining was so hard, if rare drops and MU waves were the only way - we wouldn't have multiple pages of people talking about really, mostly, how boring it is.
“We need miners!!! But not in my spot!!!”

that’s the logic why we have no miners, just pure greed.

i would like to know why the OP doesnt mine himself? or why he thinks there are not enough miners?

Some people have been telling me to just mine, without really understanding that I can't, you're the first to ask, finally.

Believe me, if I could, I would, but mining is not an option for me, I have tried before. The short answer is I can't run. My avatar hasn't been able to run for, oh I dunno, 4 years now.

Have you ever seen Auktuma being able to run? I really doubt it...

200 items is the max I can carry before I lose the ability to run. Currently, I manage and stock 10 shops in EU. 1000 item points at Twin Peaks mall, something like 460 item points on Ark and 60 on RT, plus a dozen or so shop keepers. When you have this many shops, you need INVENTORY so that whenever something sells, you can just replace it right away or craft a new item to put in there.

It may seem like, ok, so what, you have planet storage available to you, just put your stuff in there. Ya, planet storage is 500 items, after that, stuff dissappears randomly, because the system is programmed to be able to show you only 500 items in storage, it cannot show more than that. I'm carrying almost 3000 items these days. Do you know what happens if I stuff 3000 items in storage at once? For instance all of my armors in my armor tab are organized so I can find them quickly, the Eon with the Eon, the Sentinel together with the Sentinel, etc... If I throw everything in storage, I won't be able to find it again unless I take EVERYTHING OUT. Then I will have to RE SORT everything again in my carried inventory, which will take almost an entire day!

The last time I did this was a few years back when I participated in Mayhem, it literaly took me several hours to get everything sorted out again and even then, I gave up at some point just left some stuff in a mess cause I was tired of it.

And the next thing people will often tell me is "Just get yourself some containers to put your stuff in". Believe me, I have a lot of containers. I have containers inside of containers. I have over 40 containers and not the little ones, the expensive resettlement storage containers, Urns that can hold 54, 58 items, pitbulls, you name it, I most likely have it. By my calculation, I would need another 50 or 60 containers in order to be able to run again. Needless to say, at some point I just gave up on it, it's gotten to the point where this situation is totally absurd and I refuse to sink anymore money into something that MA should have thought of and done something about sooner.

index.php

This is how I have my AP plates organised; the ones with a "C" (customizable) are Basic storage containers, 50 items. The others are Resettlement Storage containers, 100 items, Most of them are 75% full or more.

Sometimes, some will tell me "Just use the other planet storage to keep stuff..." Yeah, FOMA storage is full, Monria too. CP I think is a little over half full so I can put some stuff there. RT and Hell are full, Ark is probably half... I gave up on that too...

The next thing I sometimes hear "Sounds like you just need to sell a bunch of stuff..." Yeah I know, but I'm trapped with all this stuff because I can only list 30 items on the auction at any given time. So, am I going to list some crap I'm only going to make a few PEDs on maybe, if it sells, or am I going to list those things which actually have a market like 5B and Perseus, or high level AP plates? I paid a lot of money for that 5B blueprint, and I've invested a lot of effort in Perseus, I'd be stupid to use my 30 slots on the auction for crap that probably won't sell... No, I have to save those slots and use them to monetize those BPs, if I'm not going to, I should sell them.

Anyway, this is getting long but as a crafter, I need around 500 item slots for all my mats, resources, components, etc... Then as a shop owner, I need a few thousand for sure. I've already made the suggestion here to add a storage to each shop estate, I think that would go a long way to alleviate this issue.

Hunters share loot info and are not greedy, same with crafters, but miners keep their maps secret.
Pure greed is why people don’t mine.
Um, miners keep secrets but hunters and crafters don't? :ROFLMAO: What Vixen covered rock have you been hiding under? Yes, some folks share, but others? Nope. Not even a little. The profession isn't the variable here.

i would like to know why the OP doesnt mine himself? or why he thinks there are not enough miners?
This is the question you all should be focusing on.

Go look at his other thread he made recently.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ility-ruins-it-for-all-ive-had-enough.290539/

This is just a crafter trying to socially "fix" some MU issues he's running into.

Believe me, if I could, I would, but mining is not an option for me, I have tried before. The short answer is I can't run. My avatar hasn't been able to run for, oh I dunno, 4 years now.

Have you ever seen Auktuma being able to run? I really doubt it...

Not giving away any secrets... just watch a few of the many mining vids around.

There are quite a number of ppl who Sleip-mine. :dunno: No need to run at all.

Btw, I actually have seen Auktuma running. And really fast, at that. :laugh:

Um, miners keep secrets but hunters and crafters don't? :ROFLMAO: What Vixen covered rock have you been hiding under? Yes, some folks share, but others? Nope. Not even a little. The profession isn't the variable here.

This is the question you all should be focusing on.

Go look at his other thread he made recently.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ility-ruins-it-for-all-ive-had-enough.290539/

This is just a crafter trying to socially "fix" some MU issues he's running into.
Lots of hunters stream there secrets away yes. Or are happy to tell you what to hunt if they want an item

Plus sites like nihelper.com showing you each mobs location and other such maps; make a detailed mining map showing all locations with accurate zones colouring in like hunting maps. My point is there is far more hunting info out there. miners don’t want more miners

Not giving away any secrets... just watch a few of the many mining vids around.

There are quite a number of ppl who Sleip-mine. :dunno: No need to run at all.

Btw, I actually have seen Auktuma running. And really fast, at that. :laugh:

I have never tried Sleip-mining, though I think I have seen that once, either on twitch or youtube. The idea of it makes me cringe but I suppose I could try it at least once.

But don't you think something's wrong if someone such as me, who's just trying to run his shops and craft, now has to go out to mine his own mats?

It's very simple.

No Guns :handgun:
No Killing 🪦

'Where's the fun in that?'

I have just answered that question, all you had to do is look at the last post in this thread, just look at the post right above yours ↑↑
Yep, I started my post and had to walk away for a bit and returned to finish, so yes, didn't see the new posts that came in, including yours.

Doesn't change what I said though. These 2 threads are basically saying you are pissed about MU these days and want some fix, either more miners to smooth the avail qty, or somehow tweak so market players don't play as well as they are these days.

Last edited:
I have never tried Sleip-mining, though I think I have seen that once, either on twitch or youtube. The idea of it makes me cringe but I suppose I could try it at least once.

But don't you think something's wrong if someone such as me, who's just trying to run his shops and craft, now has to go out to mine his own mats?
For a more fuel eco option (and slightly less bulky/cumbersome) I almost exclusively Spear-mine. It also increases your drops per minute since you get between drop spots quicker. There are a lot of little tidbits out there some miners are willing to share.

I still keep a Kraka around for long hauls or areas with mobs, but it's pretty rare I'm on foot for long. I am a melee hunter for the rare times I do hunt because I want to boost strength and agility, but vehicles really make both not a major consideration.

Back