Holiday Gifts

I help you out Bertha :)

Holiday Gifts
18 Dec 2006

For those wondering about the criteria for receiving gifts, maybe this will help:

One Gift: Participant has created an Account before the VU the avatar has achieved a minimum of 20 points in any skill.

Two Gifts: The participant has made at least one successful registered deposit.

Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

seems like MA are really listening now :)

first the new skill animation that has been suggested in the wishlist, then loot distribution and they even answered this question shortly after our speculations about it.

someone is doing their job :D (frank?)

seems like MA are really listening now :)

first the new skill animation that has been suggested in the wishlist, then loot distribution and they even answered this question shortly after our speculations about it.

someone is doing their job :D (frank?)

Gotta be Frank...never would have got anything from Marco imo ;) Very happy with the progress on this VU.

I help you out Bertha :)

Holiday Gifts
18 Dec 2006

Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

Well, I got 3 gifts....and dont own an estate....guess i did not really know that I had deposited that much this year....I feel kind of sick now.
:ahh:

Well, I got 3 gifts....and dont own an estate....guess i did not really know that I had deposited that much this year....I feel kind of sick now.
:ahh:

heh i dontate that much last month so am pretty sure i will get all 3

hmmmm, I will probably get 9-12 gifts for my last 6 months of deposits. :eek:

Odd... i deposited that much, but only got one gift... maybe because i withdrew?

Odd... i deposited that much, but only got one gift... maybe because i withdrew?

More likely because its hearsay and supposition. I have deposited a lot but the lack of a CC makes it through other peoples accounts, and before buying peds was illegal I did that. And I only own apartment... so...

Well... one gift :( This should be for the Older acounts not deposited money:( so i get 1 gift (never deposited:wtg: ):scratch2:

Hmm I have shop and apartment to bad that does not give me two stacks of bottles! heheh

i havent deposited but did get an apartment for my birthday from my socmates, so i got 3 gifts :yay:

thx guys i love you :hug:

I too got three gifts, not for a 10k Ped deposit but for being an owner of an apartment (Thanks Trifle!;))! :yay:

Out of curiosity, the champagne gift, I received 100 bottles. Did anyone receive different quantities of champagne?

think its 100 bottles all around :)
but hey, thats a nice party :D

I bought appartment right before VU :yay:
Otherwise I would get one :ahh:

I got two :yay:

Should have bought an apartment before the VU. :( (cheaper that depositing 10K PED :D )

this is strange,i got 3 but i never deposited and i didnt own any estates at that time.hmmmm

this is strange,i got 3 but i never deposited and i didnt own any estates at that time.hmmmm

You do not own ANY estate deeds? (one of those pieces of (digital) paper describing you as the rightful owner of a designed space inside the universe, where you can put items and so on...)

One line of code to strip HTML tags ffs...

http://www.php.net/strip_tags

Google for other languages ;)

The problem is on MA's web page, notice the mess they made in the Developers Blog section.

The Headline News and the Support News also got some mess ups but those don't show up when the browser renders the page.

In my feed scripts (refer to my siggy :) ) i was able to bypass the mess ups they made in the Headline and Support news section, but the dev blog is beyond any "hack" worth spending my time into.

That besides the fact that MA web pages don't follow any standards and therefore they are filled with crappy/incorrect html code, etc...

BTW is there any section for filling support cases about their website?? :scratch2:

PS: What happened now and previous occurrences make me think about how their website is built, as atm i am imagining Marco (or someone else) copy/pasting html code (with frontpage or notepad :eek: ) to post something on the website, i am seriously doubtful that it is backed by a decent (custom) CMS.

i had NO deeds (one of those pieces of (digital) paper describing you as the rightful owner of a designed space inside the universe, where you can put items and so on...) in my inventory AT THAT TIME.

No wonder. I got all 3 gifts for each of the 2 decembers i have been a participant.
I on average deposit at least 1k ped per month and i own several apartments (the bulk of wich are on CND)

More likely because its hearsay and supposition. I have deposited a lot but the lack of a CC makes it through other peoples accounts, and before buying peds was illegal I did that. And I only own apartment... so...

I don't have a credit card either (or a bank account for that matter)
Im able to deposit under my own accound by using PayByCash
I send them money orders but they have tons of options alot of wich are european based micro-pay and other alternative payment systems.
While they are an american company i think they might take euro and they do currancy conversions too.

i had NO deeds (one of those pieces of (digital) paper describing you as the rightful owner of a designed space inside the universe, where you can put items and so on...) in my inventory AT THAT TIME.

Does that include any deeds you may have in storage or in any way registered to your account (including unsold deeds on auction and in the universe secretly hidden in some obsure place)?
If you have a deed registered to your account anywhere at all it should be enough.
If not then maybe the decided who got what at an earlier time and you had a deed on you when they collected the data for the gift giving script.

the last deed i owned was uhm,few weeks ago on CND.
But i did own 3 apartments and a booth while back.prolly i got em coz i owned a deed b4.
or maybe coz i had more than 10k peds on my card?
*cough after the tower *cough

I too got three gifts, not for a 10k Ped deposit but for being an owner of an apartment (Thanks Trifle!;))! :yay:

Out of curiosity, the champagne gift, I received 100 bottles. Did anyone receive different quantities of champagne?

your most welcome, now dont abuse all that alcohol :wtg:

every1 who pays and plays alot got 3 gifts those who dont play as much usaly get only 1 gift u dont need a apartment or b a land owner to get the gifts :)

Back