The Creation of Leases on Existing Deeds

The Creation of Leasing / Rental Deeds through the Estate Terminal is a good idea?

• Total voters

gen

Old Alpha
Genesis
I'd very much like MA to reconsider a Rental system that could allow Estate owners for Hangars, Land Areas, Apartments, Shops, Etc. to use their Estate Terminal to create Leasing or Rental Deeds that have an expiry date.

After the owner Creates the Leasing / Rental Deed by setting a Date of Expiry he can auction or sell it. Once sold and if used to claim on the Estate Terminal for the duration of the Lease the Estate is under the Control of the new claimant until the Lease Expires. When the lease expires the owner of the original Deed can reclaim his Estate using the terminal.

The obvious thing here is that those who are tentative about becoming a heavy depositor have the chance to "test" the market and also show their entreprenaurial streak. Subsequently they may become heavy depositors themselves after seeing how much PEDs they've made (hopefully anyway!)

This will also eliminate trades where Owners of expensive Estates require Collateral in order to complete a "rental" agreement.

oH yes I'd like it.
I think about it since long time.

im all for it - i really wouldnt mind renting a LA not to run, just to get the experience of running one.

problem is MA have already said that they are definately not going to implement one - or at least they're not thinking about it at all.

if they ever did implement it, it'd take away the "cool" element (however small or non important it is) of lending your mates items. also, if you insist that you have to use the "lending" or rental system, it might piss them off ("what, you dont trust me anymore?")

would be very cool, but im not too bummed that its not going to happen, as there are already ways around lendnig estates out. (and have full use of all of them except shops)

im all for it - i really wouldnt mind renting a LA not to run, just to get the experience of running one.

problem is MA have already said that they are definately not going to implement one - or at least they're not thinking about it at all.

if they ever did implement it, it'd take away the "cool" element (however small or non important it is) of lending your mates items. also, if you insist that you have to use the "lending" or rental system, it might piss them off ("what, you dont trust me anymore?")

would be very cool, but im not too bummed that its not going to happen, as there are already ways around lendnig estates out. (and have full use of all of them except shops)

I'm talking about the leasing of Estates, E.g. Land Areas, Hangars, Shops and Apartments only rather than Items like Armour, Weapons, Etc.

Can't think why MA would object. It would surely promote the real life Economy in EU and for sure increase the number of depositors.

Yes there are ways to rent out Estates at the moment but it would be much simpler if a system which was "safe" was put in place. This kind of system would attract a large crowd of people to EU.

Last edited:
i know that, but there are just as many complications in renting out LA's apps, and hangars as tehre are items.

tt value, repair, how much fertaliser or oil is to remain, and how to compensate if one cannot return or repair consumables.

it seems simple, but its actually quite tricky to implement. (even if its just setting up the rules, i dont know shit about MA's programming method)

i know that, but there are just as many complications in renting out LA's apps, and hangars as tehre are items.

tt value, repair, how much fertaliser or oil is to remain, and how to compensate if one cannot return or repair consumables.

it seems simple, but its actually quite tricky to implement. (even if its just setting up the rules, i dont know shit about MA's programming method)

There is a simple way to fix that problem. If they allowed the existing / or leasing claimant to Empty the existing Fert / Oil / Maintenance then we would not have that problem.

Needless to say DNA samples on any LA of course would be "locked" in the Leasing Deed. They can reduce numbers / increase numbers / reduce maturity, increase maturity but not completely remove a DNA sample or replace it.

the exact same problem is still there though - what happenes when the rent period expires, but the person renting still has fert in the chamber? its impossible to make it so that at the end of the rental, all things are as they were before it started out. you can add all sorts of if this and if thats, but that would make it too stupidly complex to code, or for people to understand what they're getting themselves into. at the end of the day, its to hard to do, there are a lot more (i won't say important, as its NOT important to MA) other things MA want to do for this to even get a look into. im very sure there are people there perfectly capable of inventing some solution, and if they wanted it in (most have been screaming for lending systems for years), it'd be in by now.

the exact same problem is still there though - what happenes when the rent period expires, but the person renting still has fert in the chamber? its impossible to make it so that at the end of the rental, all things are as they were before it started out. you can add all sorts of if this and if thats, but that would make it too stupidly complex to code, or for people to understand what they're getting themselves into. at the end of the day, its to hard to do, there are a lot more (i won't say important, as its NOT important to MA) other things MA want to do for this to even get a look into. im very sure there are people there perfectly capable of inventing some solution, and if they wanted it in (most have been screaming for lending systems for years), it'd be in by now.

When the lease expires and the Avatar is not present then the Fert from LA or Oil from Hangar is automatically returned to the inventory of that Avatar. This is similar to when an Avatar has an item listed in Auctions and when the date ends, the Item is returned to the Avatar if they had no bids or the PED is returned to the PED Balance if there's a winning bid.

MA keep going on about this being a Real Cash Economy, no real cash Economy exists without a lending / rental system in place.

Nothing is impossible - it just gets slightly more complicated.;)

There have been a few threads on this idea and I have submitted a support case before on "shared" ownership.

I believe that after a while MA will have no choice but to start implementing something along these lines, especially as prices continue to increase on everything.

Nothing is impossible - it just gets slightly more complicated.;)

There have been a few threads on this idea and I have submitted a support case before on "shared" ownership.

I believe that after a while MA will have no choice but to start implementing something along these lines, especially as prices continue to increase on everything.

As a relatively new colonist in EU I see lots of new auctions for "Turnkey Businesses", Malls, Banks, Etc. which is all-well-and-good. But if the idea is for people to be enticed to really make a go of making "money" in EU then the system for Renting really needs to be implemented.

I am quite stunned that a safe and easy rental system doesn't already exist for Estates given than thousands of USD are being deposited.

In addition I'd like to add that the Claim Tower should show the Actual Owner of the Land Area and when leased underneath the Owner's name perhaps Italics with the text Leased to X. The reason for this is so that the owner can still sell the ACTUAL Deed whilst the Land Area is under Lease. Needless to say whilst the Land Area is under Lease it it can be claimed by a new owner of the Deed if it is sold but they cannot interact with the Land Area until the lease has expired.

As for your Support Message to MA , that's great. I did the same after discovering one doesn't already exist!

Last edited:
Bump because I can't vote more than one time.

I want a Rental System for Deeds.
I see More and More Hangar for Rent.
One of these days, something bad will happen at these Valuable Deeds and it will be very sad for the Owners.

I'd really like to Rent my Hangar and maybe my Outback for the summer, but with the actual non-existent Rental System, it's almost impossible.

It's not interesting at all to give 100% trust to a 100% stranger when we talk about a 3K-8K Usd trade.

The last time I tried it, I almost been called a Skammer because the only safe way I found was to use the other player Avatar to do the Trade myself. I understand their fears but do you think I'm not affraid on my side to lost my very well paid Deeds.

Please MA, do something.

I say, forget the unused Fertilizer and Oil if it's too hard to program the refund, but please, give us a Safe Rental System.

Reactions: gen
Bump cos I actuallly think a rental system would be a damn good idea and for the same reason as Bernz - I can't vote more than once :)

A deed-lease system would follow the same policy as any rental system - According to Marco, its highly unlikely to ever be implemented due to the potential formations of monopolies.

It seems you will have to figure out trustworthy way to lease deeds, as you would any high end items

Back