Unlocking taming

oki Guys....lets work on this!

Anyone with a whip who has unlocked animal taming...

Have you actually tried 'interacting' with any low lvl mobs?

I.E Dragging them onto your taskbar and then trying to 'use' a Nutro bar on them?

Whipping them and then use a nutro bar etc etc....

please give it a go and let us know results! :tongue2:

i would very much assume animal taming is unlocked at capable whipper (lol)

i posted skills when i unlocked it on EP

i got it i think when i was skilled swordsman...

to be capable u need melee skills around 2500

i got it with 250 in whip

but it says everytime taming failed if you dont have AT unlocked ...

so i guess it tries even without that skill

but as others said its not implemented yet... P

il said:
i would very much assume animal taming is unlocked at capable whipper (lol)

i posted skills when i unlocked it on EP

i got it i think when i was skilled swordsman...

to be capable u need melee skills around 2500

i got it with 250 in whip

but it says everytime taming failed if you dont have AT unlocked ...

so i guess it tries even without that skill

but as others said its not implemented yet... P

Ok once more for good measure lol

Animal Taming 'has' been implemented, it said so in the last VU, unless someone has Staatement from Marco saying otherwise?

Marco join the thread! give us some wisdom!

Could i theoreticaly go home and tame a mob of some sort tonight? :confused:

Animal Taming is not 100% implented yet, sure, we've got the whip, the skills and the food. But the ability to tame a creature is not yet implented, I know this for sure. Maybe next VU, Marco said it would be implented really soon.

They'll problably add a "tame creature" button in the book once it's implented.

Just like talking to Ron in ring once. As prolly you have seen you do alot of dmg with whip, like at least 80%. Prolly, the way to tame is geting to a level of skills where u will do just 5% (eg) of total whip dmg, so you will able to hit much longer the mob, without killing it. Ron was complaining, that skilling whip gave him more then those 80% as noob in whip, so, IMHO, will be other skill to unlock (I was saying "Anger Control" :p), a skill which will decrease dmg you do with whip. Prolly taming will consist in whiping mob till you get it in tamed state and, of course surviving mob 'feedback' this time, (imagine taming a spider :p), and after, keeping mob in tamed state by feeding it with nutrio bars.

I thought the nutrio bars were for the avatars? Silly me :dunce:

Rony said:
Just like talking to Ron in ring once. As prolly you have seen you do alot of dmg with whip, like at least 80%. Prolly, the way to tame is geting to a level of skills where u will do just 5% (eg) of total whip dmg, so you will able to hit much longer the mob, without killing it. Ron was complaining, that skilling whip gave him more then those 80% as noob in whip, so, IMHO, will be other skill to unlock (I was saying "Anger Control" :p), a skill which will decrease dmg you do with whip. Prolly taming will consist in whiping mob till you get it in tamed state and, of course surviving mob 'feedback' this time, (imagine taming a spider :p), and after, keeping mob in tamed state by feeding it with nutrio bars.

(I was saying "Anger Control" :p)

:rofl:

Sounds good to me :tongue2:

i unlocked mine at lvl 40 or so, 5-10 mins of whiping

Where can I find a whip?
Can u buy it from a tt? It is lootable or crafted?
And what is the price for a whip?
THX ;)

Morosanu' said:
Where can I find a whip?
Can u buy it from a tt? It is lootable or crafted?
And what is the price for a whip?
THX ;)

I don't know where to find a whip either - all I know is that they aren't in the TT, the TT value is around 70-80, they're sold on auction for TT+100 or more.

There are many Mentor Editions of whips and such, so I'd imagine they're commonly put in that way.

If anybody knows what they're most commonly looted from could you post it here?

THX for the info LUGIE :wise:

I can't recall what mobs loot the whips... but mostly ppl use the ME whips.,.. gained from a successful mentorship. TT is 75 on my cobra ME btw

Is it for sale by any chance? :D

Hi all. :)
I unlocked Animal Taiming when I had Trained Whipper in Prof Standing
My skills was ~Melee Combat 3850, Whip 360, Zoology 470
Enjoy. :dunce:

I bet when animal taming is coming there will be some sort of message in the clientloader. Or some "mystery message" that MA likes to give.. Like "rumours have it that blablabla (up to you to find out)" :)

I just hope when we can taim animals. That no ppl can harm em.
If I taim a nice young Exa and take it to PA. Then I dont want ppl to kill it and loot it. :rolleyes:

Because if they can like in UO. Then what will be the fun to have a nice pet? :)

Belfegor said:
If I taim a nice young Exa and take it to PA. Then I dont want ppl to kill it and loot it. :rolleyes:

Because if they can like in UO. Then what will be the fun to have a nice pet? :)

No please,make the pets killable and lootable *polishes guns*

Belfegor said:

Get a pet that can defend itself :cool:

I just come to think of something. If we taim mobs then will be trapped. Muhahahahahaha Try to kill my Exa now Kjetil :laugh:

Belfegor said:

dont worry .. ill protect ur exa ;) dont play with the food...

A friend of mine was kind enough to lend me one of his ME Whips to see if I could unlock Animal Taming since my Melee skills are probably the highest in my society.

I currently have JUST under 200 ranks in Whip after only 2 days using it (And not even all that often I might add) - My Longblade is just under 3.3k, Melee Combat is around 3100, Capable Swordsman Professional Standing, with a decent amount of other melee skills - sadly my Zoology and Biology skills are low, so I can't say what'll happen - But perhaps in 30-50 ranks more of Whip I'll unlock AT.

Should get to that rank and beyond tonight..I'll report back what happens and exact skills when I unlock.

Take care.

Back