Please MA, make my balcony a useful place!

Tec

Guardian
Society
Pixel Sheep
Alvinius Tec Woods
I did a quick search but I did not find anything, apologies if this has been addressed before... but why are the balconies public places? Is there a programming issue, is it a bug? We need to petiton MA to make these private areas in our apartments as soon as possible.

Please MA, make my balcony a useful place in my apartment!

Yes great idea. I know we have discussed this in soc before, never seen it mentioned on EF. My plants need some sunshine, the windows just wont do. So would love to put them out on my balcony.

oh and buying Deckchair/Sunlounger (L) !! ;)

I think its intended that way.
Imagine immense lag while entering city with balconys
full of junk people put there.
Its allready laggy while all those shop-windows in buildings load :(

Although I DO agree that it's silly you cannot use the balconies for anything else than sneak peak on other peoples balconies, making suicide operation attempts from the edge or moon the whole world, I also do agree, that the lag would be horrible with all the items outside.

Untill MA fix the lag problem (getting servers that can really handle a game) ... I would prefer the balconies to be empty!

Sad ... but true :rolleyes:

Hmm, so you think item drawing is the issue here? Would balcony items from that kind of a distance really be an issue? If so, could an invisible wall be drawn on the outside of the buildings to prevent items from being drawn???

Last edited:

Although I DO agree that it's silly you cannot use the balconies for anything else than sneak peak on other peoples balconies, making suicide operation attempts from the edge or moon the whole world, I also do agree, that the lag would be horrible with all the items outside.

Untill MA fix the lag problem (getting servers that can really handle a game) ... I would prefer the balconies to be empty!

Sad ... but true :rolleyes:

As the interior of an apartment doesn't load until you enter the apartment, then logically it should be easy enough to code it so that items on balconies are only loaded once you enter the apartment. That would solve both the possible lag and the ability to steal off balconies.
If it doesn't need to load until you enter the apartment or go onto the balcony, then the possible server load is greatly reduced; and if you can't see it unless you're on the balcony where the item is, then you can't click on it to steal it while standing on another one.

As a total n00b as far as coding goes, can anyone with some experience tell me how feasible this is?

Just a slight off topic: from the balconies of Omegaton Delta, Gamma block is clearly visible. But when you look through the (dirty) windows - it's gone!

Discussed just yesterday...

See "Oh Patio... MY Patio!" at:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76785

I'm in complete agreement. This should be fixed. People are paying PEDs for those balconies, and they should have the right to place items anyplace on the estate they are paying for.

....and yes, the windows in ALL the apartments need a good cleaning!

AG

This........

Back