Recent content by Atalanta

1. Atalanta

Anyone Else Having This Problem

Windows 7 ? Right-click the icon, and do "run as administrator"
  2. Atalanta

Cloud Gaming and how it will change EU

Bandwidth is one thing, the download limitation of your ISP is another thing. Even though I can pull data through at good 30-40 Mbit/sec at full speed, if your download limit is (X) GB per month, it's not fun to have it all used up in a couple of hours / days and to be put back on smallband...
  3. Atalanta

Too much lag!

I logged in with the plan to start recreating my ava, and I was going to find a nice spot to do it. Bounced all back and forth, and DC'd within 5 minutes. No way that I'm even thinking of coming back today to do the ava recreation with lag like this.
  4. Atalanta

Question: Mystery Shots?

I've seen this once, I was working on a Longtooth and I could see myself shoot but no hits, no miss, no nothing. It stopped after about 20 shots, when my Internet connection (and that in a wide neighbourhood around me) went down for the next couple of hours. Not blaming the Longtooth for that...
  5. Atalanta

Mobile Goldcard App

A Yes-vote from me. In fact, the authentication company that's behind our Goldcards already seems to be offering a mobile solution. (hint : check the back of your reader to see the company that produces it - you didn't really believe that the Mindark Hamsters were producing these things, or...
  6. Atalanta

Please help.

the Loveletter virus, yes I remember that one from several years ago. That was a good piece of social engineering. At my work, we got mail from one of our vendors, saying "if you receive mail from any of our people, telling you that we have a secret crush for you, please don't open it, it's...
  7. Atalanta

Any input requested...

Make sure you get the 64 bit version of Windows 7. With the 32 bit version, your planned 4 GB of RAM will forever be your max. With the 64 bit you can take full advantage of the limits of your MB, which will be around 24GB probably.
  8. Atalanta

Gonna play this now

"Tradeskills" in WoW means crafting. Yes you can do that here too. One major difference is that once you are able to craft a certain something, the successrate shall and will be below 100% (and often far below 100%) so take that into account ;)
  9. Atalanta

Info: Changes since vu 11.1 i don't like

Agree on the knockknock sound. It would be even better if the sound stays active when you're alt-tabbed out ;) For the 3rd person behavior : Sorry, but I'm among the people who like it *much* better now. I had a ticket open in March to ask them to stop messing around with the vertical view &...
  10. Atalanta

poor taste anyone?

True, just imagine that the next Planet Partner would be the My Little Pony planet, the Spongebob planet or something like that. (shudder) :eek::eek::eek: Nothing offensive in there, but I wouldn't want to have it in my chatbox.
  11. Atalanta

Opinions on Rocktropia & New VU

I like the looks of it, the Rocktropia designers seem to have a good taste for terminals, auctioneers, mobs, landscape ... though I did feel sorry for shooting the pretty ladies, they look so human :girl: The music was a bit heavy for me today, some heavy metal is fine, but not all night long...
  12. Atalanta

What game is she singing about?

In a first read, I count at least 16 direct references to "choice nr 3". Potions, plus-gear, looking for group, heroics and so on. I didn't even count the neutral terms like MMO and Avatar in those 16. Check the wikipedia article on The Guild ( I'm going to watch these episodes when I have...
  13. Atalanta

How many Dutch people in EU?

Born Dutch, living in Belgium (Brugge) since a long time. 45 years young now.
  14. Atalanta

Latest Buzz (March 23rd)

That's not comparable to the situation we have here. This fee is because the move will be permanent, and if you did your pre-studies well, you'll never move back to the server where you came from. Some servers are dedicated PvP places, some are PvE, some have a roleplay community, some have...
  15. Atalanta

lag is awfull with this new VU

Thanks for the heads-up. I already thought my fan was more noisy than before. Just did the test : I'm in a godforsaken place, just me, 2 mobs on the radar and a couple of rocks on the barren ground. Videocard ATI 5770 is constantly running at 99% now (this used to be like 20-30% in areas...
Back