Recent content by Bugg

1. B

Upgrade to CryEngine3!!

I imagine we're good to go for at least another three or four years before the graphics need updating. MMOs need to cater to the average player with 3-5 year old computers, not to the top of the line systems. Hardly anyone plays an MMO "because the graphics are cool," not for long anyway. The...
  2. B

Help: Need unique minerals list for Ouroboros, Bakanuwa, & Apophis

My lyst and oil numbers there aren't nearly that high though. Suppose it depends on what finder you use. (I haven't kept track, but I'd say I'm closer to 10% for lyst and oil there, maybe occasionally 15-20% on a very "poor" trip.)
  3. B

collectivism VS individualism

"Most societies contain elements of both collectivism and individualism." That sentence, from the collectivism wiki page, seems to be the key sentence to me. Apart from alcoholism, many of those isms are all fine and dandy in theory, but in practice it's often a bit of this and a bit of that...
  4. B

Help: Need unique minerals list for Ouroboros, Bakanuwa, & Apophis

Sorry to bump a topic from a few weeks ago. Don't know if it still matters, but the resource list in the opening post is incomplete, particularly on the enmat side. Hadn't mined there in a few months, but just did some mining on Ouro and Baka and can confirm the presence of Henren Stems and...
  5. B

Return of the GOLDEN AGE

!Register Jewel Bugg Fleming
  6. B

Argo Scout Leaderboard

I did global eventually, about 1.5hrs before the end, a 59 pedder. Think that was around kill 2200ish. Didn't keep track of how much I lost, but it won't break the bank. Few hundred peds maybe. Used mostly UL2's and 3's to kill them. Takes some time, but at least it keeps my shirt on. Despite...
  7. B

Argo Scout Leaderboard

Same here. Well, I think I'm at 1980ish kills or something, but close enough. Best loot around 27 ped. If some guys get 3k hofs, others have to lose, I guess. :broke:
  8. B

so i got this EU argonaut email

Only been at the Corinth one, they're only scouts. (Though of course at the edges you can find some of the mobs which normally live there as well, but it's a big enough spawn so you don't have to kill anything else if you don't want to.)
  9. B

so i got this EU argonaut email

If you didn't immediately fill in the survey, they sent a reminder about a week after the first email too. (That worked for me, I went "oh yeah forgot about that" and filled it in then.) About the prizes, just to get this straight... 6th place to 24th place etc. get nothing, right?
  10. B

Seperating planets is good for economy?

Just saw a relevant post on the Arkadia forum by David Dobson - CEO: http://www.arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?1481-The-metaphorical-shot-in-the-arm&p=16451&viewfull=1#post16451 To quote a part of it: The last sentence in particular answers one question, at least.
  11. B

No worries about rambling. Heck, my post was longer, heheh. And I agree a seperate MU history for the different planets is a necessary change. I think the blood moss example is more a balancing issue than an example of why the planets must be seperated. Either someone in the balancing team...
  12. B

I wrote the following to put into one of the discussions in the space forum, but after I wrote it I decided it might be better to put it in its own topic in this section of the forum. It's basically in response to the often heard argument that lootable PvP/seperate auctions will give a boost to...
  13. B

Marco Behrmann is not employed by MindArk PE or any of its subsidiaries.

May he roll around in chocolate until the end of times!
  14. B

Space travel means no travel at all

Never been on NI, so I'll take your word for it that that's a positive result from the space update there, and I'm sure there will be other individual positive results like that on the other planets. But - and again, I'm just speculating out loud here, I don't know any more than the next guy...
  15. B

Space travel means no travel at all

I don't know if it's "lame as hell" - I haven't been to Rocktropia - but I'll add my two cents, if I may. (**note: obviously this is all based on the system as it is now - it's entirely possible that this will all be obsolete after the next update. but, whatever... :) **) I think space being...
Back