Recent content by efx

1. E

better MY ITEMS

Spot on. While your at it you may just want to have "hunt", "mine", and "craft" buttons on the website that would deduct from your ped card and give you some random lesser amount back. More seriously, If you add auction functionality outside of the game, prepare to have to run for cover from...
  2. E

Help: My game is in a combination of Spanish (I think) and English

Well, in the startup box, next to the green Launch button there is a tools button. In there you can set your language. Maybe you could also do a repair, which is also tab in the tools menu. Seems weird that only parts of the game are in spanish. Which parts are they exactly?
  3. E

Features lost through time - Want them back?

Nah. Except for the additional shops, none of these would touch the economy. Personally, I liked the blast animation and the charred earth left behind when mining. It was neat to look back where you had been mining and see a little trail of destruction. Am I supposed to go through each of...
  4. E

Which mob for eco experiment?

It seems like you've really thought this through. To help you select a mob, you may want to do a quick field test with 10-20 of each possible mob, and then calculate the standard deviation of loot values for each mob which will measure how much the loot fluctuates (really easy in excel or...
  5. E

Universal storage is essential to the survival of new planets. Discuss

Although the poster did not mean it this way, he made a good point. People go to a new planet to explore, and having all their equipment available is really the only way to get the most of this exploration. Alot of people have said something like this, and superficially it seems to make sense...
  6. E

Anyone good with math, figuring out formulas etc?

Glad to see you found your formula. The test I am talking about is just a simple way to prove whether the formula is responsible for your good loots, or if it is just chance and luck that is responsible. Basically, go out and kill one mob with the weapon found from your formula and record the...
  7. E

Well in the interest of humoring Legion (as there is always a possibility he is right;)) here is what you would need to determine statistical significance: First, a data collection protocol where you measure loot with and without your method. It must eliminates confounding factors such as time...
  8. E

Out of curiosity, are you arguing that there is a most efficient gun for a certain mob? As in on that does the right amount of damage in the right amount of time in order to minimize total costs. Or are you saying that a specific gun/amp combination will actually increase your loot on a...
  9. E

Universal storage is essential to the survival of new planets. Discuss

So far there have been a few consistent arguments on each side Interplanetary trade is hindered by Universal Storage I don't see how interplanetary trade will be significantly changed by universal storage. Each planet will still be separated by a transport fee that cannot be circumvented. Even...
  10. E

Tush's New Mining Service

Interesting. So essentially its a way for people to hedge their bets. Do you mine wherever you want or do you go where the customer wants you to mine?
  11. E

Claim to fame? Debate *

I've found that trading is a pretty consistent way to turn a profit. Though it takes a good bit of time. And as always, you gotta have money to make money. I am curious how people do offering services to others. It seems like it could be pretty reliable as long as you have something unique to...
  12. E

SweatMan; Background check. Org?

Well I am also one of the dreaded resellers in PA (Noah Panther Balthazar) and I have talked alot with ORG and his secondary account SWEATMAN. I am sure that the guy behind both accounts is the same from the way he talks and his use of all caps in his adverts. He says his primary account was...
Back