Recent content by Jimmy B

1. Jimmy B

How Hunting Skill Gains work

If that is true, hunting a mob in a very dense spawn should yield a lot more skill gain than hunting the same mob in a sparse spawn. I'd be surprised if that's the case I must say, but I've never tested it. It'd be easy to do though, something like Ambu would work since there plenty of natural...
  2. Jimmy B

Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

Yes, and for sure for PPs to be successful from a platform point of view they need to bring in players. So I see that point. But they also need to be able to retain those players. I kinda think the fairest solution would be for players 'nationalities' to evolve over time based on where the spend...
  3. Jimmy B

I imagine the Moon Manager gets less than a PP; a PP has more responsibilities. But the splits between the different types of activities might be in a similar ratio.
  4. Jimmy B

Question: No more mining globals ?

Since he didn't publish the length of his run, you can't really compare his 80% to your 75%. And he didn't really complain, he just said it had never happened to him before. It wasn't exactly a toys-out-of-the-pram post.
  5. Jimmy B

I don't think that can be right. Firstly I think MA gets 50% regardless of where it is (unless space in which case 100%). Secondly, CLDs were only equivalent to half a planet sale so whenever CLD gets something, PP Calypso must get something too. So I'd guess: Calypso for Calypso-born: MA 50%...
  6. Jimmy B

improved omegaton A105

In terms of equipment, I doubt it. The best items in game still appear to be dropping in price if anything. I doubt a few new uber items like bigger amps and plates will change the overall investment needed to have the best gear all that significantly. At the end of the day though, it's always...
  7. Jimmy B

Whats your worst moment, most epic fail in EU??

That's a bad strategy :laugh:
  8. Jimmy B

Whats your worst moment, most epic fail in EU??

Compared to my worst online poker moments, nothing in EU comes near. Then again, compared to my best online poker moments, nothing in EU comes near ;) Dunno, I guess strop-mining with huge amps or strop-crafting on condition, or blindly hof-hunting on mobs I know I'm -ve EV on. They're probably...
  9. Jimmy B

Question: No more mining globals ?

Well, the situation appears to be that you are seeing things and he is not. :silly2:
  10. Jimmy B

Question: What if teleports were disabled?

Well, that was part of the fun of being a noob. I remember the first time I explored Amethera for tps, some of the best fun I had in-game. But I doubt I ever fancied running from Wolverine back to Genesis/TI after I'd already done the trip once.
  11. Jimmy B

Question: What if teleports were disabled?

I quite like the idea of teleporters getting disabled/broken during robot invasions, according to how well the invasion is being defended, etc. That adds a bit of depth to the invasion and makes it feel like there are consequences, rather than it just being a load of robot spawns dumped...
  12. Jimmy B

NI Status Clarified.

I guess the issue with that is that for a newcomer wanting to start out, it would then make sense for anyone 'born' on Calypso to move immediately out to another planet it where they're more equal with everyone else. And lower level stuff also tends to be lower ped cycle stuff, so any existing...
  13. Jimmy B

NI Status Clarified.

My concerns about the PP idea are/were: (i) Would it really add diversity to gameplay, or would all the man-hours that get put into it just result in some different looking environments to play the same game in? I felt basically that it sounded a bit like a glorifed level-designer. I remember...
  14. Jimmy B

NI Status Clarified.

That would make it easier to switch from planet to planet. PP's succeeding isn't about getting existing players to use the new planets (existing players were already making MA revenue on Calypso), it's about the new planets attracting and holding onto new players (who wouldn't have joined...
  15. Jimmy B

Would you participate in an effort to increase trading traffic in Twin for 5 minutes every hour?

Your best bet is to get a few traders on FL imo. For me, I don't go to Twin because (i) I find auction sufficient for my needs, (ii) it's laggy and full of spam. Twin Happy Hour would probably crash my PC, for which I would for once likely be grateful.
Back