Recent content by Jura

1. J

Suspicious Amp Hits/Misses

And you can't really claim it has tanked. Not because you changed amps, anyway. You'd have to try both cases to know if the amp change actually caused the bad hit-rate, which you can't, really (not without a time machine). You could make an experiment and drop at least 10k bombs with one amp...
  2. J

Developer-Notes--3

Wow, some have trouble accepting reality... If the "personal loot pool" loot system actually existed, THAT would have been gambling! It's not a component of randomness that defines something as gambling, but the complete lack of influence over the outcome! Emphasis on complete lack of...
  3. J

Selling: Skill Chips

Selling these skill chips: 8.74 TT 1259% MU 110 PED Athletics Skill Implant (L) 11.09 TT 992% MU 110 PED Perception Skill Implant (L) 15.55 TT 887% MU 138 PED Ranged Damage Assessment Skill Implant (L) 15.86 TT 895% MU 142 PED Laser Weaponry Technology Skill Implant (L)...
  4. J

Selling: Adjusted/Improved/Modified Korss H400

SOLD Selling these very economical handguns: Korss H400 Adjusted (L), 37.0 dmg/sec, 2.970 dmg/PEC, 959 PED @ 109% (864.70 TTV) Korss H400 Improved (L), 38.3 dmg/sec, 2.975 dmg/PEC, 2201 PED @ 110% (1983 TTV) Korss H400 Modified (L), 39.6 dmg/sec, 3.002 dmg/PEC, 3229 PED @ 111% (2909.53...
  5. J

The growing universe and the ability to move in it

That's brilliant. I would have thought that paying me a fee, or at least giving me a cookie from time to time, would be more captivating.
  6. J

11.3.1 bugs

- Crashed within 3 minutes after logging in. - Bravo doesn't accept a scope attachment. - Scipulor/Formidon spawn gone. Logged out.
  7. J

Info: A word about Argonauts hunting.

I finished the iron challenge not long ago, killed 16600 argonauts and got 26 globals (I think I counted all of them on ET). So, 1 global per ~640 kills. I did find the low global rate a bit weird, but I didn't lose any money on them (I actually made profit). I was getting "minis" quite often...
  8. J

Question: Question about ECO items and how to choose them.

If two weapons have equal economy (dmg/pec), the higher DPS weapon is better (assuming you avoid overkill), because you'll have less armor/fap decay per kill (i.e.: cheaper kills, higher return %). So, it's never in your favor to kill a mob slowly - not in the long run. Unless the efficiency of...
  9. J

Well, it would be really hard to hit your exact average, I admit, but if I got a global and you got all crap loot, you'd have a really hard time beating my 1 kill average return of 2345% with your 20 kill average return, unless you got 20 globals in a row or a nice uber loot. I know, it's...
  10. J

Yes, a SINGLE no-looter will be more expensive with regen (if you get loot at all). But, OVERALL, there is NO difference in return % (assuming no overkill, same dmg/pec, disregarding defense costs and that loot value scales with total damage done). If a 1000 HP mob regens for extra 1000 HP, the...
  11. J

Show us your Top 10 Hunting Loots

17,915 PED Feffoid Champion 6/27/2010 3,005 PED Combibo Young 4/13/2009 (disappeared from ET for some reason) 1,161 PED Combibo Young 3/30/2009 625 PED Longtooth 7/22/2010 343 PED Longtooth 7/23/2010 283 PED Feffoid Bandit 6/26/2010 281 PED Atrox Young 7/2/2010 251 PED Feffoid Guard 6/16/2009...
  12. J

No-looters make no difference, because both, weapon cost and loot value are scaled by total mob HP (that includes regen). You can view regen mobs as mobs with no regen, where their total HP depends on the weapon used. So, if just weapon costs are considered, there's no difference if they have...
  13. J

Missing globals

You know, having some real data to work with would be helpful for testing purposes (a CSV dump of that table for a long enough period that catches most of the situations would be good enough.)
  14. J

Loss of Skills on Logout? Time to find out!

I would think skills get lost only on a server crash, because all frequent game-state changes (like ammo consumption, decay, skill gains, etc) are cached in server's memory and get saved only infrequently to reduce database load. If all these frequent state changes would always get committed...
  15. J

Help: Client loader shaping my download speed??

Same thing happened to me, too. I had to reinstall the whole thing, which worked. In my case, the client loader got stuck downloading "textures.pak" file. It was downloading data, but there was no progress. The file was also being written to, but it stopped growing in size. I left it for a few...
Back