Recent content by orymartin

1. O

50k+ Losses

I've read every post in this very long thread. Clearly Scudd's experience has struck a nerve. Sure, I'm new to EU, but it doesn't take long to see the potential and the problems. Unfortunately, reading this thread has reinforced my limited ingame experience. Many gamblers say they come out...
  2. O

What does it take for a noob to stay

Stacy, I could be wrong, but I think all games need new players to survive. I certainly don't expect money from other players, but advice is very helpful, and it speaks well of the EU community that I've found the advice to be readily available. There are some scary threads, though, that seem...
  3. O

Can you look at yourself close-up? (not just in inventory screen)

Thanks Serica, this works perfectly. Ory
  4. O

Can you look at yourself close-up? (not just in inventory screen)

Sorry if this is a complete noob question. But can you turn the camera on yourself? I'd like to see how I look with various gear on. Thanks, Ory
  5. O

Thank you to KP 708 and Alice for the thoughtful replies. I have a mentor, a nice kid (I am an old fart) who isn't much more advanced than I am. He's in Europe and I'm in US, so we aren't on at the same time very often. I use an Opala Sollomate with an A101 amp (only some of the time, like...
  6. O

50k+ Losses

Fascinating reading. I just stumbled onto EU, and it has so many aspects that I like...lots of variety, decent looking avatars, meaningful and individualized crafting, very dynamic economy, some pretty nice people, .... But, Gildor (p.11 of this thread) and some others hit the nail on the head...
  7. O

This is my first post. I'm about two weeks into EU. I'm a veteran gamer - Starwars Galaxies, then World of Warcraft, about 2 years of each. This game has tremendous potential (it's more like SWG, than WoW) - lots of game play options, nice avatar graphics, interesting economy, pretty good...
Back