Recent content by seamaster

1. seamaster

Imperial Government II

Found this deep under some force nexus on my desk. Anyone found something to add after 4 dusty years?
  2. seamaster

Info: Efficiency scale of Mining Amplifiers

Hi. I have a different approach to efficiency which could explain why they do not write decay. It might also shed some light why the claim is higher using an amp. Here goes. Amp-7 has an Eff of 15. Auktuma says 15/5 = 3 ped decay on single drop. Actual decay on tripple drop is 6 ped. What if...
  3. seamaster

Metallurgy - what's that all about then?

I've been crafting metal components for some weeks now and metallurgy is one of the skill gains. To me it seems that the number of salvaged material is getting higher as Metallurgy skill is getting higher and higher.
  4. seamaster

Skill ranks

Hey all. Does anyone know where one can find information regarding the different skill ranks and the values for these? Example: Newbie Start:1 End: 9 Inept Start 10: End: 19 Poor Start 20: End: 39 and so on /Sea
  5. seamaster

CND Mining stats Skill gains vs. Hits

It is? Well in my world it is just the distance to the border of the next bombradius. Skillgain + 22 meter radius + 44 meter diameter. On CND it is hard to call anything a vein. No and the reason why is that I am pleased with the skill gains the way they are and I can afford to miss 10 bombs...
  6. seamaster

CND Mining stats Skill gains vs. Hits

Hi. I have now compiled the statistics from my runs on CND. This is what I've done. From each run in a specfic dome I have recorded all hits, surveying/prospecting/geo/CGA/Intelligence and Perception skill gains. These recorded skill gains have then been compared with each hit location from...
  7. seamaster

Things you regret you sold or are happy you sold

With inspiration of the thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/88465-things-you-believed-n00b.html I just have to ask what things you regret you sold or are happy you sold. I'll start. Regret Vain arms M - sold for 3500 ped. Armor plating 6A BP - 1500 ped one of...
  8. seamaster

Things you believed as a n00b

I remember that a freight ship exploded over Eudoria dropping alot of items on the ground back in 2003. I found 25 ped of ammo and I ran like a fool around trying to sell the ammo for 50 ped since I sincerly thought the ammo was more effective then the tt one. What else could it be? I was...
  9. seamaster

Top of the domes

Had a trip around the domes today. 434 meters membership;) Click to enlarge
  10. 434

11. seamaster

Mining blog - 10.5 ped runs

I see more and more of a "skill gain layer". That is a matrix loaded to the client based on your location. This matrix is plotted with Geology, Prospecting, Surveying, CGA, Intelligence. Every avatar in the same area loads the same matrix. When any avatar finds a skill gain that position is then...
  12. seamaster

FYI: vu10.8.2 made CND dry (FIX IT)

Never ever been over 100 nrf. For me I can accept 50-75 bombs. 100+ is to me unheard of. Unamped values.
  13. seamaster

FYI: vu10.8.2 made CND dry (FIX IT)

133 bombs nrf placed over 5 different domes.
  14. seamaster

does skills really matter in mining?

This has been bugging me for some days. What I said was that a beginner will not pull more stones then a veteran. I was KO on this. BUT as we were talking about skills, unless maxed out extractor for both, I still have a higher eff. then a beginner so I pull more stones -> emptying the claim...
  15. seamaster

Four years ago

I wonder if you mine at CND? Dropping 50 bombs in a row with no hit is not uncommon. Any indication where to drop a bomb is welcome up there. Maybe my english is not that good but I guess a bunch of ppl understand that I mean that 80% of the Geo skill gains results in a claim next to it.
Back