Recent content by Smeep

1. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Good lord, I know I'm usually the kind of person that would stand against pointless posts like this one, but A. This thread is _Very_ interesting. B. I'm to tired to read this thread! Life is full of such dilemmas! *tries to read on*
  2. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Firstly: I'm very tired right now, so please forgive spelling mistakes etc. Barr the last post, there have been some good points raised. Mainly, the common (and true) one is the fact that minus the hours of labour, sweat is a way for us to make money for, well, monetarily (is that a word?)...
  3. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Hi, Just a very quick post here because I leave for kung fu 2 minutes ago, so I just wanted to drop in a few things. Firstly, I've received a lot of negative rep, some poeple saying "get a job", I just want to say please read the thread before you rep, you'd see that I earn roughly $12 an hour...
  4. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Offtopic: The rep system is about the quality of the post, not if you agree or disagree with the concept of the post. Example: This is more of a personal blow (note, More, Not entirely) via the rep system. When in actual fact, I've been working since the day I was 13, and I now earn £6.70...
  5. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

No problem. You'll see that I've +repped people on the same said of the discussion as you too. Well... you won't see that, but the people that I posrepped will. EDIT: Hot topic! @ Alice - You once again raise valid points. Let's look at it this way. Say I'm sweating with someone who's...
  6. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

I don't know how it was decided, I do know that asking for just .2 more isn't a lot. @ Trifle you are right, but what I have come here to do is make money, not spend it. Thus your point is invalid to me, as it has no relevance to my position. @ Knakker - I never said it was useless. I just...
  7. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Sorry, forgot to reply to that - the .8 was decided before I joined the union, so I don't know. Jade Jedi might know.
  8. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

So why post at all? If your are sick and tired of it, leave it be. But surely the fact that so many people have come [failed] before us, means something?
  9. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

I would continue to gather sweat for my needs. I am provided a service of gathering sweat from other people.
  10. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Ideally, everyone would gather there own sweat. Then there would not be a problem! But it works in games as it does in real life when it comes to real life money. You got work. Getting to work (can) cost you nothing (though ofcourse, travel expenses - read internet bills/pc parts/etc) and you...
  11. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Thanks Alice - The post you put was well thought out and well informed, rather than just "you idiots" and I respect that. It is a welcome contribution to the discussion. Yes, many have tried and failed. But don't we deserve the same chance as the others before us? Why flame us? Why call me...
  12. Smeep

A call for fair prices!

Hi guys, Smeep here. Yes, I'm another of these newbies. I'm also a member of the newly found Fair Trade Society. There are a lot of people in the above posts that say "Deposit". The question I ask you is why? Why should I spend my money? Now believe me, I'm in no way saying that we shouldn't...
  13. Smeep

No welcome thread?

Well, I couldn't spot a "hi I'm new here" thread so I thought I'd make this, maybe it will become the thread - if there already is one, Sorry! I missed it. Anyway, they call me Smeep, I'm from the UK (England) and I'm 22 years old. I'm male, single (just out of a 4 year relationship like 3...
Back