Recent content by The Mind

1. T

Mining system broken

Bug probably isnt the reason for your longer term returns. You are on an extended downswing. And its messing with your head. Its, imo, a good advise from other miners, to take short downscale (to the point you dont care that much), or a short brake, and come back stronger. Otherwise, all that...
  2. T

Mining system broken

Its been already discussed in this thread. Read it, and youll find your answer.
  3. T

Mining system broken

Doesnt mean that complex ideas dont exist IRL. Question is only about its implementation in coding. Every other MMO, in all of the history, used rng roll. Entropia, itself, uses it for weapons, finder depths, crit chances, etc. When it says: weapon does 100-200 damage, it will roll a final...
  4. T

Mining system broken

Wording from patch notes wont cut it. It can refer to anything: from a server to a zone distribution, as a single "node". I feel like you are stack in a visual representation of things, forgetting that its just a code behind it, in text format. And creating a 3d world with nodes and all those...
  5. T

Mining system broken

When i had those numbers i also thought people who cycled more were exaggerating. When i scaled up... oh boy if i was wrong. Some swings are just.... wild. And you cant help yourself but ask... where it went wrong? Because i was doing everything the same way i did it before. Its really hard to...
  6. T

Mining system broken

They cant introduce items with "boosted" stats alone. When they did it in hunting 1.0 it broke the system to the point of people getting positive TT returns. They would need to rework stat/skill impact first (with hard cap in mind), and after introduce items to boost them.
  7. T

Mining system broken

DPP = depth, i agree. DPS = range, is complicated. All tho range gives you higher decay, it does it in a much less efficient way than amps. Range does not contribute to a better composition. You dont get to choose what kind of loot (either "good" or "bad") you add to your roll with increased...
  8. T

Mining system broken

During hunting 1.0 people described similar behavior: Average mean was much lower (in ~90%), Everything above came from the "pool" and "bonus loot". All of them depended on the cycles of other people and a relative DPP. Like a list of distribution. Higher on the ranking gets more. People also...
  9. T

Mining system broken

I have a log of 50k drops. All unamped. All planetside. I had entire weeks of extremely poor resaults. Im not discrediting what you are saying. But its hard to tell if what you experienced was the same i did (rng), or it was caused by "other people cycles". I do remember tho, in hunting 1.0...
  10. T

Mining system broken

I think hard caps only affect certain resources (rares and extremely rares). But yes. Finding those with big amps would be impossible by been excluded from the roll (or maybe just an extremely low % chance).
  11. T

Mining system broken

I think indoor mining rate of regeneration is "boosted". Much faster than planet side. Yes, rng works in a higher/lower probability clusters. If you keep tossing a coin, which is complete rng with 2 outcomes, youll get to a point of hitting streaks of 10 or higher. (people will still blame MA...
  12. T

Mining system broken

It would explain everything. Studies done by @Ace Flyster and @kingofaces. Why certain resources are better with certain amps. Overpopulated areas. Basically everything ive read for the past 15 years on this forum.
  13. T

Mining system broken

I guess ill also express my view on how i see mining is working. Part 1 Drop. System rolls hit or miss based on % (see part 2). If its a hit: Check for decay. Roll for mutiplier. Check for available resources based on depth. Check for artificial resources caps. Populate the table of possible...
  14. T

Mining system broken

All that sounds like a normal destribution and mean reversion. Escept from a players perspective it becomes "subjective".
  15. T

Mining system broken

Just read it. It’s on this forum. Was a part of the conversation about @kingofaces research on a hit rate testing.
Back