Recent content by Twist Darkstar

1. Twist Darkstar

Modified loot my asss!

I know bad loots, I know them well, but ... "This is a dark place, when it you make it such. This is a dark place when you conceive of it as such." (poorly translated quote :silly2:) I've had bad times (and really bad times), as I'm guessing that most here have and hated God & the world...
  2. Twist Darkstar

Entropia Turns TEN

:birthday: Happy 10th Anniversary :drink::handgun::banana::shower::yay: I'm happy to be here with you all, sometimes more happy, sometimes less ;) but on the whole, its been a super great time & I'm very curious to see what the next 10 years will bring. GL & May the loot be with you :) Twist
  3. Twist Darkstar

Make-up masks in VU 14.0.1

Yep same here, didn't even see the make-up options first time around :(
  4. Twist Darkstar

biggest fuck up eva, I've never complained in forums b4, but this has pissed me off ... sorry up front, but as you see i don't look anything like b4 (no one does) i spent hours & hours creating my ava .. spend hundreds if not thousands of peds on clothes .. body stocking used to be black now its...
  5. Twist Darkstar

Got any good screenshots of planets from space/space?

wow :) some great shots here, thanks guys :yay: Conference (from op) is done, but (hopefully) I'll have an article coming out in a special edition of the Global Media Journal middle of next year where I can use some of these :)
  6. Twist Darkstar

Some exciting to read

I haven't found an english version of the thesis (second link), but there's is a paper by the same guy in English called "Configuring the player: subversive behavior in Project Entropia"...
  7. Twist Darkstar

yep, yep :) thank you, I'll pm you my email. I'm also after combat/action shots & images of dead bodies in space if anyone's got any.
  8. Twist Darkstar

Awesome, thank you :) These are beautiful :yay:
  9. Twist Darkstar

Anyone got any good screenshots of space/planets from space, which they would let me use in at a conference? Your images can be fully referenced and acknowledged, or remain anonymous (with identifying info cut out) - however you want. Long story short(ish): I'm giving a conference paper on my...
  10. Twist Darkstar

WOF 2012 team Australia

Better late than never I hope - I'm happy to help my adoptive home as support if u need me. Rhian-Twist-Darkstar (freelancer) p.s. will this count towards my Aussie citizenship?
  11. Twist Darkstar

My (Rhian Twist Darkstar's) PhD on Entropia - Request for interviewees

The egg: the one point of consistency in our ever changing universe, lol ... I don't think my supervisors would wait that long :laugh:
  12. Twist Darkstar

Yep I've seen that one on SOCs, does anyone know if the author is still around - would be nice to have a chat :) & there's a paper on ROIs in mining http://journals.tdl.org/jvwr/article/viewArticle/647 but i think you need a journal subscription to access it ... I can get a pdf through the uni...
  13. Twist Darkstar

Well it's a anthropology Phd and I don't really want to get into arguments about the merits of the anthropology as field here - but I do think peoples experiences of and reactions to a product/circumstance/event is a valid area of research and I know its something companies/governments/employers...
  14. Twist Darkstar

Usually a minimum of 3 years (in my case 1 yr prep, 1yr fieldwork & 1 yr writing) so I'm hoping to be finished end of 2013.
  15. Twist Darkstar

Update So, I promised I'd keep everyone updated and I've been really slack about doing it, ... so sorry about that :( and here's a brief update on the study ... First of all I want to thank everyone that's done interviews so far :) I've met some really interesting people, that have definitely...
Back