Recent content by ZPF

1. ZPF

Loot 2.0 killed the game

During 1.0 I think I lost money on 90% of my hunts Got sup shins (m) one time though as a braindead low level noob with vigi + ml35 shooting warriors/troopers with 50 ped of ammo Feels like that's pretty much impossible in 2.0, it's a different game To see loot like that in 2.0 I'd probably...
  2. ZPF

Other players mining before you affects your hit rate

An important question is what triggers these claims to be generated in the first place. Are they simply on a clock? I can drop in a circle in an empty server and eventually I'll find claims. What if claims are generated by your avatar (as in, triggered by decay)? It would explain why two...
  3. ZPF

Question: Are unlimited weapons too expensive?

You can line up opinions on a price graph, it does not change what they are. But let's assume that everyone in EU has a PhD in applied mathematics and EU has one billion players like the stock market. We still have no data from forum sales which is where most big UL gear transactions happen...
  4. ZPF

Again, this only applies to efficient markets, there is no evidence to support this for something like art that has zero intrinsic value.
  5. ZPF

Not sure what this nonsense means. Are you saying markets are "always right"? That's obviously not true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpaca#Prices https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble The stock markets/bond markets/forex are the only markets...
  6. ZPF

This will make a lot of people upset but we need this.

8 page thread of people arguing with someone that thinks RCE and microtransaction is the same thing these are dark times for PCF
  7. ZPF

Resellers, Vipers, Fake Sales, and Liquidity Providers - Your Guide to Navigating P2P Trades

Maybe the wealthy n00bs you're trying to scam don't read the forums :sneaky:
  8. ZPF

Resellers, Vipers, Fake Sales, and Liquidity Providers - Your Guide to Navigating P2P Trades

One thing I've always been curious about is how much wash trading goes on via the auction house to manipulate the value of uber-expensive items. Probably not much, right? The auction fees can rack up pretty quickly. But it's one of many reasons you probably shouldn't take the in-game "market...
  9. ZPF

Why are weapons "STILL" that expensive?

There's been about 20% inflation for the US dollar since 2018 around the time I stopped playing regularly. At that time the adjusted excavator was worth about tt+2-3k Now it's worth tt+5-6k. Double in price in 5 years... the only explanation I've heard that made sense was a big boom in...
  10. ZPF

New Mining Log

You seem to be hung up on my choice of words. It was low effort steady profit, which seems to be elusive nowadays. The best part was most of your HoFs would be on alt instead of some 101% trash so it felt less like gambling. On the nicer spots on Arkadia/Caly (non-pvp) you could probably make...
  11. ZPF

Forum Software Updated

Same experience here... roughly half the time I feel like I'm on dial-up
  12. ZPF

New Mining Log

It was years ago so I don't remember exactly, but if this is true then I was probably using DSEC-L30 + Level 5, basically the same thing for much lower MU. RT was just one example. You could run large amps and still hit respectable amounts of MU just about anywhere...
  13. ZPF

New Mining Log

If the state of mining is currently "use small amp or no markup" it just doesn't seem worth it. Drilling already slows down our cycle speed tremendously... Level 2 amps? Slave wages... Few years ago alt rock was selling at 120%+ and you could slap on a D class and print money. Sounds like those...
  14. ZPF

Help: AMD Graphics Driver Update Did This

Now I know why AMD is giving a free copy of Starfield if you buy their graphics cards 🤡
  15. ZPF

Why buy shares?

The U.S bank failures had nothing to do with the actual bonds. If you got burned during that period, it's because you invested your money with morons. When a bank carries a large amount of bonds on their balance sheet there is something called "interest rate risk" they need to be aware of...
Back