UI Release: Bug/Crash Report Thread Part 2

Bug Report
  • Title: Esc doesn't show main menu. Sometimes.
  • Date Found: 2024-02-28
Description:
  • Expected: Esc opens the main menu, because it's configured to do so
  • Actual: Nothing
Steps to Reproduce:
  • I haven't figured out how to reproduce this. I think it has got something to do with what happened up to pressing Esc. So my best guess is:
  • TP somewhere
  • press Esc
  • main menu opens -> OK
  • click the X
  • press "I" for inventory
  • press "I" to close it
  • press Esc
  • nothing happens

Bug Report
  • Title: Increased Critical chance not showing correct value
  • Date Found: 02/27/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Take a Mayhem Easter Egg (Critical Chance 2.0) followed by an Accustim 10 mg(Critical Chance 3.0). Hoovering over the Increased Critical Chance should show "Action: 5.0 percentage points / 4.0 percentage points"
  • Actual: It showed "Action: 3.0 percentage points / 4.0 percentage points"
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Take Mayhem Easter Egg
  2. Take Accustim 10 mg
  3. Hover over the Increased Critical chance

Bug Report
  • Title: cant stop follow avatars
  • Date Found: [27/02/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: to stop follow avatars when using any run interaction
  • Actual: stalking them until restraining order or next server update (or the person tps away)
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. click follow on ur team member
  2. try to get away from it
Just going to add to this one. I think I have the same issue (likely the same or similar bug) when starting to move to interact with something. e.g. click on a Teleporter from a distance away. I then can't stop heading toward that Teleporter for love nor money! Best I can do is hold the reverse key that makes me stand still but I then carry on heading to the teleporter as soon as I release it. Hmm.... might log this separately anyhow in case it isn't the same

Bug Report
  • Title: Can't cancel interaction with something via movement keys, e.g. Teleporter
  • Date Found: 28/2/2024
Description:
  • Expected: When clicking on a Teleporter at a distance, avatar will auto-walk towards it, but this should be cancel-able by use of movement keys
  • Actual: Once a Teleport has been clicked, there is no way to cancel the action with keys, best achievable is to hold still by pressing reverse, but action/movement continues once released.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Stand a way back from a teleporter
  2. click it
  3. observe avatar will walk to within action range of the teleporter and cannot be stopped until the teleport map appears. e.g. with movement keys

Bug Report
  • Title: Action, "respond to message" does nothing when activated (verified with in-game support avatar)
Description:
  • Expected: When a new PM alert comes in, it should be possible to respond to this (i.e. bring up the private message chat window associated with incoming message) by use of an action/keybinding
  • Actual: There is an action that sounds like it should do this (search for "message" in action dialog) but it doesn't do anything when mapped, and a message "PM" alert is showing.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open Actions
  2. search "message"
  3. bind a key to the action associated with responding to a message (forget the name but think it was 2nd one listed), see description of action.
  4. Get someone to send you a new PM so that you receive the PM alert
  5. Press your bound key for the action
  6. observe that nothing happens

Bug Report
  • Title: No sound on receiving loot, when loot window opens for the first time during a hunt
Description:
  • Expected: Historically, the first time (on any given hunt) that the loot window opens, i.e. when it is not already open, a sound would play to indicate loot was received. Once the loot window is open, no futher sounds are played to indicate the arrival of additional loot. Figured this functionality would continue...
  • Actual: There are no sounds associated with receiving (standard - no idea about hof/global) loot, regardless of if the loot window is open or not
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Ensure loot window is enabled in options
  2. Ensure loot window is not open
  3. Go hunting
  4. receive loot (may lootius be with you!)
  5. observe that loot window opens but no sound plays

Just going to add to this one. I think I have the same issue (likely the same or similar bug) when starting to move to interact with something. e.g. click on a Teleporter from a distance away. I then can't stop heading toward that Teleporter for love nor money! Best I can do is hold the reverse key that makes me stand still but I then carry on heading to the teleporter as soon as I release it. Hmm.... might log this separately anyhow in case it isn't the same
You need to press both mouse buttons to cancel the action. It's the same to everyone. Before this UI a simple S key press (backwards key) would be enough to cancel any action.

Why isn't this fixed yet? I have no idea.

Last edited:
I can read the coordinates fine and I'm half blind...
Then you surely can tell me the coordinates in this picture:

index.php

BTW if MA would move the zoom buttons to the lower left side of the Radar they would have ample space at the top to place the coordinates in a much bigger font as they used to do it on the old radar.

Then you surely can tell me the coordinates in this picture:

index.php

BTW if MA would move the zoom buttons to the lower left side of the Radar they would have ample space at the top to place the coordinates in a much bigger font as they used to do it on the old radar.
Well, against pure white, no.

Well, against pure white, no.
It is not pure white, at maybe 300% to 400% Zoom you will be able to read it.
But placing them at the top of the Radar like it used to be on the old Radar would give much more space for the coordinates so they could use a bigger font.

Technically this is an old one... but it's never been fixed

Bug Report

• Title: Aspect ratio not adjusted till movement occurs when switching between full screen 16:9 and windowed 4:3
  • Date Found: Think it was the control UI update that did it...?
Description:
  • Expected: When switching between window and full screen different aspect ratios, rendering should use correct ratio at all times, not wait for keyboard input before updating
  • Actual: When switching say from 16:9 full screen 1080p to windowed 4:3 1024x768 everything is squished in the X axis until say you jump in the air. When switching from 4:3 1024x768 windowed to 16:9 full screen 1080p everything is stretched in the X axis until say you jump in the air. This is assuming correct aspect ratio rendering before switching (if you switch back before you jump/fix the aspect ratio it woukl be fine).
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go into settings, -> graphics
  2. set full screen to 1920x1080 and windowed to 1024x768
  3. use alt - enter to switch between full screen and windowed
  4. observe the aspect ratio doesn't correct after a switch unless you jump or something, then it updates
  5. then switch back to full screen using alt-enter
  6. same as 4
See screenshots here (for some reason inline insert not working so here are some links):

Wistrel

PS shout if links don't work - sometimes server connection goes down.

PPS anyone wondering why someone would want to switch aspect ratios, in my case it is because I have a spare 4:3 low res screen I often have entropia running on when not hunting etc but indeed it could just be for someones preferences as to how they use their screen real estate

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: On private trade chat-box isn't visible at first
  • Date Found: 2024-02-29
Description:
  • Expected: I see a chat-box with a border, header and input field
  • Actual: I see nothing if the mouse isn't over the chat-box or until the other one says something
Steps to Reproduce:
  • open private trade

Bug Report
  • Title: Tab between chatchannels within tab
  • Date Found: [01/03/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: to tab between channel
  • Actual: lost all interfaces
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. press return to get to chat
  2. press tab
  3. press tab again
  4. stops at first channel

Bug Report
  • Title: stuck in search field inventory
  • Date Found: [01/03/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: lose focus when clicking outside
  • Actual: keeps focus in chat
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. open inventory
  2. start searching
  3. click outside inventory
  4. focus remains in search field

Bug Report
  • Title: New Armor loadout not working properly
  • Date Found: 29Feb2024
Description:
  • Expected: Create armor loadout, armor only
  • Actual: Loadout works like Equipped
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Create armor loadout
  2. Scroll over armor loadout created, see that includes clothes, rings, and armor

Bug Report
  • Title: Shopkeeper item stuck in interface sidepanel
  • Date Found: [03/01/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: being able to select an item (ESI) in the shopkeeper interface.
  • Actual: can't select an item (ESI) that's been placed too much in the sidebar of the interface.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Had an item in the shopkeeper (inside F.O.M.A. Shop #11) before the last VU
  2. VU update
  3. Item has been placed too much to the side where it's not selectable

Screenshots:

Here you can see that I tried to select the said ESI. I can select the first but not the second one:

index.php

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: Can't move avatar scan info box to bottom of screen
  • Date Found: 1/3/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Should be able to move all boxes around to any position on screen (or at least so that edges meet)
  • Actual: For some reason can't move avatar scan boxes to bottom of screen
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Scan an avatar
  2. try to move info dialog to bottom of screen so that bottom edges align
  3. observe won't go lower than about an inch of bottom of screen
(Add as many steps as required to give clear instructions on how to reproduce the bug)

Screenshots:

Last edited:
Technically this is an old one... but it's never been fixed

Bug Report

• Title: Aspect ratio not adjusted till movement occurs when switching between full screen 16:9 and windowed 4:3
  • Date Found: Think it was the control UI update that did it...?
Description:
  • Expected: When switching between window and full screen different aspect ratios, rendering should use correct ratio at all times, not wait for keyboard input before updating
  • Actual: When switching say from 16:9 full screen 1080p to windowed 4:3 1024x768 everything is squished in the X axis until say you jump in the air. When switching from 4:3 1024x768 windowed to 16:9 full screen 1080p everything is stretched in the X axis until say you jump in the air. This is assuming correct aspect ratio rendering before switching (if you switch back before you jump/fix the aspect ratio it woukl be fine).
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Go into settings, -> graphics
  2. set full screen to 1920x1080 and windowed to 1024x768
  3. use alt - enter to switch between full screen and windowed
  4. observe the aspect ratio doesn't correct after a switch unless you jump or something, then it updates
  5. then switch back to full screen using alt-enter
  6. same as 4
See screenshots here (for some reason inline insert not working so here are some links):

Wistrel

PS shout if links don't work - sometimes server connection goes down.

PPS anyone wondering why someone would want to switch aspect ratios, in my case it is because I have a spare 4:3 low res screen I often have entropia running on when not hunting etc but indeed it could just be for someones preferences as to how they use their screen real estate

Ah.... the egg....

and not egg... (when switching to full screen aspect ratio)

Sorry was so funny seeing the load screen zoom in suddenly towards this giant planet egg I had to share X'D

Bug Report
  • Title: Can't cancel interaction with something via movement keys, e.g. Teleporter
Description:
  • Expected: When clicking on a Teleporter at a distance, avatar will auto-walk towards it, but this should be cancel-able by use of movement keys
  • Actual: Once a Teleport has been clicked, there is no way to cancel the action with keys, best achievable is to hold still by pressing reverse, but action/movement continues once released.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Stand a way back from a teleporter
  2. click it
  3. observe avatar will walk to within action range of the teleporter and cannot be stopped until the teleport map appears. e.g. with movement keys
The same is for me. Any interaction with terminals, npc, loot a mob died far from me, reach a mining claim etc. have the same problem.
Strange fact is that sometimes the firsts 1-3 interactions are working at the log in then they stops

Bug Report
  • Title: Impossible to autouse tool for tree harvesting
  • Date Found: [02/03/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: Right-clicking a tree should make your avatar automatically move to the tree and start cutting until tree disappears
  • Actual: Your avatar moves to the tree and uses the tool exactly once.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Equip harvesting tool
  2. Right-click harvestable tree
This makes tree cutting a major PITA

Bug Report
  • Title: Impossible to autouse tool for tree harvesting
  • Date Found: [02/03/2024]
Description:
  • Expected: Right-clicking a tree should make your avatar automatically move to the tree and start cutting until tree disappears
  • Actual: Your avatar moves to the tree and uses the tool exactly once.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Equip harvesting tool
  2. Right-click harvestable tree
This makes tree cutting a major PITA
Out of interest, what happens if you use the auto repeat action once you already at/aimed at the tree? Still only once? or does that work?

Out of interest, what happens if you use the auto repeat action once you already at/aimed at the tree? Still only once? or does that work?
Still only once, you have to click for each swing at the tree

bit shocked that that wasn't tested lol

Bug Report
  • Title: Missing items animations
  • Date Found: A long time ago <- Not a reason to ignore it ;)
Description:
  • Expected: When I heal several times, I expect to see to animations (and hear it sounds) at each use
  • Actual: The animation and sound appears once every two uses
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Equip a small FAP
  2. Die or suicide
  3. Heal yourself at least 4 times
  4. The animation and sound appears once every two heals
(Same with knives and many other items.)

Bug Report
  • Title: Loosing HUD
  • Date Found: Several months ago <- Not a reason to ignore it ;)
Description:
  • Expected: I also have the HUD when hunting
  • Actual: From time to time, the HUD disappears
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Equip a weapon
  2. Go near some mobs
  3. Switch to external view
  4. Turn back so that the mobs are behind you
  5. Use the "Lock Target" action
  6. From time to time, the HUD is lost, even if the mob is selected

Bug Report
  • Title: Right Button doesn't work
  • Date Found: Several months ago <- Not a reason to ignore it ;)
Description:
  • Expected: A right click interacts
  • Actual: Sometimes it does not interact
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Equip a weapon
  2. Go near some mobs, happens frequently on Snarkshots north of Orthos
  3. Switch to external view
  4. Right-click to start attacking the mob
  5. Repeat 10 times until it no longer interact
  6. If you switch to internal view, it will always work, even on same mob, same place

Bug Report
  • Title: Change chat in Chat
  • Date Found: 03/01/2024
Description:
  • Expected: pressing [Tab] used to change the channel for input text
  • Actual: It does it only once
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Activate a chat page where you have more than 2 channels for chatting (Local / Soc / Team)
  2. Press [Tab] a 1st time, it changes the input channel
  3. Press [Tab] a 2nd time, it does not change the input channel
  4. So to change 2 Channels, we now have to press [Enter, Tab, Enter, Tab, Enter] instead of [Enter, Tab, Tab]

This feature would not be needed if we could change the active tab by keyboard.
For example, [Ctrl+Right] to go from "Main" to "System", etc...
So that we can chat in the dedicated channel, for example "Local" in "Main, "Team" in "System", "Society" in "Soc", whatever...

Last edited:
Bug Report
  • Title: Can't add armor Workloads
  • Date Found: 03/02/2024
Description:
  • Expected: To be able to put all Actions & Items on screen, accessible by a mouse-click
  • Actual: We are limited to 5 Bars of 10 items
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Activate 5 bars
  2. Fill them with the most used Actions you have, plus all the items you use (Weapons, FAPS, other Tools, Vehicules, Rings, Pills)
  3. Then find a bar with 6 empty slots for putting your 6 armors :)

I know we can have 3 pages by Bar, but in a middle of a healing session, I can't find time to try clicking the tiny arrows to go to a next page.
Please let us add 10 bars, and (if nobody uses them), remove the feature to have 3 pages, the [ < 1 > ] everywhere are not cute.
Ideally, we should be able to add as many "Boxes" (not Bars) as we want : size 3*2, 1*12, etc.
And to assign the keys from each "Box", not in the "Actions" which is not easy to use.

Bug Report
  • Title: Some windows can't be moved
  • Date Found: 03/02/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Dragging a windo moves it
  • Actual: The radar, and the Team windows can't be moved
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Make or join a team
  2. Adjust the position of the window -> impossible
  3. You need to enter Edit mode, move the window, then leave the Edit mode
IMHO, all windows and Bars should be moveable, not only the Chat

Back