Mining system broken

Just because you do not understand doesn't make it complicated. I find it rather simplistic.
Doesnt mean that complex ideas dont exist IRL. Question is only about its implementation in coding.
Every other MMO, in all of the history, used rng roll.
Entropia, itself, uses it for weapons, finder depths, crit chances, etc.
When it says: weapon does 100-200 damage, it will roll a final amount based on those numbers.
When a ring says: it will add 2% crit, it will apply that modification to each shot, and output the final amount.

You can do a simple excercise.
1. Create a spread sheet.
2. Establish the means, for things like hit rate, claim size, etc,
3. Convert claim size mean into a positive destribution based on multipliers (skewed towards higher multis).
4. Convert the rest of the means into a normal destribution (within a reasonable range).
5. Iterate as many "drops" as you want.
6. You will see that it is easily comparable to any other mining log on this forum.

Last edited:
I can drop probe 5 m from claim and hit next one that got more resource of same type. Soooo?
Maybe I'm missing what you're asking, but it's not uncommon to stop at a set of coordinates, and get multiple claims if you keep dropping until you get an NRF. That's why I mentioned "clearing" an area first like that when you do the testing. Unless a new claim spawns while you're doing that, you're usually going to find claims closest to you first followed by those farther away in the next drops until your search hits the edge of your finder radius.

Last edited:
Try to do a 6k mining in a single day and not a month and we speak later about returns.
Hang on. Wasn't your original problem some weird "spring back to square one after bad mining drops" or some such?

I am still have good returns.
Then, why are you complaining?

Hang on. Wasn't your original problem some weird "spring back to square one after bad mining drops" or some such?

Then, why are you complaining?
You come and present your return. That all is ok and nothing is broken. Like me also The Mind explain you if you scale up you will see "the other side of entropia" . Just try to drop and pick up 600-1000 ped per hour and you will see about what I talk. To be able to turn down the loss you need to push hard. If server is working ok and there is no lag you maybe can make it. Yesterday night I visited 4 servers. From 4 only 3 work lets say decent. 1 was so bad that after 2 amp droped I just quit playing.

If I drop like a rookie of corse I will have a good return, because my loss from past can cover me for gooing 2 years unamped every day.

Maybe you will understand now. To have lag on mining and client restart you position on map is like to go hunting , shoot half mob hp down and let regenerate and then kill him. Can you have a decent return ? Your kill cost will increse a lot.

To be fair I had first rubber banding last night while mining in fort argus and my ping is like 28ms so well within acceptable range. Weird thing is some servers are completely fine when you switch so I assume it's load issue?

To be fair I had first rubber banding last night while mining in fort argus and my ping is like 28ms so well within acceptable range. Weird thing is some servers are completely fine when you switch so I assume it's load issue?
Fort Argus is one where you can see clear that servers still dont work fine. There are more but not so bad . In fort argus you dont need to log out and log in to see that something is not working

Fort Argus is probably the most overmined server in the whole game. I tried it 2/3 times and I had enough of it...

Plenty of other places to mine for good stuff around the Entropia Universe.

You sound like you want game to adapt to your playstyle.

Improve, adapt, overcome!
True.
Each server has his own style of mining. From amps and end up on style of droping.

But .... I am one who make deposits every month. I am not one who put 100 bucks and play 5 months.
So yeah...I want just MA to improve from lag servers to high quality servers. Is to much?

True.
Each server has his own style of mining. From amps and end up on style of droping.

But .... I am one who make deposits every month. I am not one who put 100 bucks and play 5 months.
So yeah...I want just MA to improve from lag servers to high quality servers. Is to much?
Can confirm foma always lag free premium servers those 😉

What some people dont understand is that MA need money to survive.
Money are not from people who are resellers, sweaters and low activity players. Cash come from ubers and middle group. I did some test before to buy my finder, twen excavator and yog. Almost there to depo and buy a UL amp because on first tests return was ok. I did a investment that I had hope will work on another level of mining. I was wrong. After you scale up your mining activity " something" will hit you very hard. If MA let same returns for new players or low like is to active depo addicted players, they will leave the game.
Same story is when a " maybe new addicted" hit a 15-20k and others who loose more dont see a 10k in years.

Someone need to pay but also is worth what you recive?

One of the high players has quit a few time ago. Why?
Maybe same reason. Is not worth to continue to play with hope in one day you will hit something back. ATH list from 2017 until now is to short.

And when someone come and say...." You didnt push....need more...more. " say this to people who have 50-100 or 200k loss in last time.

You come and present your return. That all is ok and nothing is broken.
In fairness I talked about both issues, the lag and the returns. Your response about the lags seemed to indicate you feel there is nothing wrong on your side, so there's that. As for the returns...

If I drop like a rookie of corse I will have a good return
Then guess I'll just keep dropping like a rookie.

Good luck with your problems w/ the game. Sorry I wasn't able to help out.

What some people dont understand is that MA need money to survive.
Money are not from people who are resellers, sweaters and low activity players. Cash come from ubers and middle group. I did some test before to buy my finder, twen excavator and yog. Almost there to depo and buy a UL amp because on first tests return was ok. I did a investment that I had hope will work on another level of mining. I was wrong. After you scale up your mining activity " something" will hit you very hard. If MA let same returns for new players or low like is to active depo addicted players, they will leave the game.
Same story is when a " maybe new addicted" hit a 15-20k and others who loose more dont see a 10k in years.

Someone need to pay but also is worth what you recive?

One of the high players has quit a few time ago. Why?
Maybe same reason. Is not worth to continue to play with hope in one day you will hit something back. ATH list from 2017 until now is to short.

And when someone come and say...." You didnt push....need more...more. " say this to people who have 50-100 or 200k loss in last time.
I think you need to understand with mining their are so called caps in place on certain items and bulk people don't actually amp up all the time. Not even I do I have flutters.

If you look at shrapnel for instance even that rarely gets ath and amount you can cycle on that is insane. I'm not kidding I lost 20k to that so silently no one would even know I was even cycling on it apart from sellers.

Point is mining ath and such would take ages to build up so change your tactics or mining style or take up another professional as I switch between two myself although the high mu blueprints from abrer just sooo juicy.

It does come out eventually I think 😂

Bug probably isnt the reason for your longer term returns.
You are on an extended downswing. And its messing with your head.
Its, imo, a good advise from other miners, to take short downscale (to the point you dont care that much), or a short brake, and come back stronger.
Otherwise, all that stress might become a critical mass, and will just burn you to ashes. And if that happens, youll never get a chance to even out on losses.

Here I am back. News incoming......
I did found what have made go so bad in last time.
After a lot of search in minings topics from here, I did change the way. Some items are not good to be used in mining.
Also mechanics of mining have a limit. If you broke that line....you pay.
I also did a new upgrade on finder and start a new chapter in minings and it is very good.
So far is only 10,7k droped in last 4 days but return is very stable and keep on 103% without MU. MU is another story where in time I will see it.

Thank you all for the info and tips. It did help me a lot to find the "broken ways".
Have fun and let MU be with you

Today i had also s sync issue was strange double drops and not a single claim... and than in one sec i have my radar full of mobs ... after that the claims got back to normal.
Support created!

Today i had also s sync issue was strange double drops and not a single claim... and than in one sec i have my radar full of mobs ... after that the claims got back to normal.
Support created!
possible u got "stuck" between servers

possible u got "stuck" between servers
Is something else. I did check the internet conection to see if is broken but is all ok. But servers stop to "work" for a few time until they reach the wave and start to work again. This sync problem can be see easy with some ingame items that create this problems. Game client have some limits now and to use a combination of items to gain "full power" will instant do this. Overkilling and overmining is now punish very hard. If more people use "that setup" will make servers very laggy because game client give a info of more people use x amount of power but servers decline and from that is this sync problem. I wonder if this is happening in hunt and how much affect players. Can be big loss.....just saying

I just stopped using some items and since then I dont have this problem anymore and also my returns come back to life. Also I did a test and yes, if I continue in the old way the sync-problem will be there. So boys and girls, keep work in same gear and sometime ATH will hit you. More buff, more power, until you go total broken

Was not at server border... this is what i wrote to MA:
" [System] [Mczimi]: [Calypso, 21068, 59177, 107, Waypoint]

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2024-04-30 11:24:51
[System]: Session time: 02:54:42

this is the time stamp and the location where i had some strange things happening.

I was just made aware after reading on the forum that by mining there is a synchronization problem.

I think i had this issue.

Was mining N to that position, dropped like 22 drops ore and enmater got like 14 claims. than after extracting it i decided to run S dropped like 6 drops wit ore enmater - was like 21 ped and not a single hit was strange so i take my plane fly over a river, still going to S and dropped 3 more drops no claims.

I was not mining in this area for long time so was happy that there is no more mobs.... but than after the 3rd drop on the radar appeared like 20 mobs and i got a malcronetor on me.

So its like i was running drooping and not connected with the game.... please fix this issue. Even withouth this issue i am losing way more than i am happy to.

I

Please give me a feedback about this case, it was sure a bug - it was like i was running in a paralel universe, and also advise me how to avoid this. I don't want to lose money due to bugs.

Thanks in advance for your feed back, hope for not a generic one.

I can ensure that my internet connection is great i was on discord no disconnection and was watching news on the internet all functioning correctly."

In short. If you guys don't want this bug to happen to you don't use "some items".

Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! I will be cautious in the future! Thanks OP! What an amazing thread! 😂😂😂

In short. If you guys don't want this bug to happen to you don't use "some items".

Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! I will be cautious in the future! Thanks OP! What an amazing thread! 😂😂😂

knowledge is not free, my friend. I have contributed quite a bit to this wonderful game. it's time for others to do it too. others' loss is others' gain

knowledge is not free, my friend. I have contributed quite a bit to this wonderful game. it's time for others to do it too. others' loss is others' gain
Thats the spirit that will kill the game tho...

Yeah... probably. But let me tell you, if you need others to suffer from unknown bugs so that you can profit, you are a really BAD miner! (n):mad:
"
A lot of things can impact your variables such as skill, gear and knowledge and how you apply that knowledge to the Universe.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

Fanan Head Shot's Overview​

Favorite Mineral: Lysterium Stone

Highest Loot: 15 229 PED

Total Loot: 154 650 PED

Mining Rank: 814 of 1 190

The Real Fritz's Overview​

Favorite Mineral: Iron Stone

Highest Loot: 4 639 PED

Total Loot: 317 958 PED

Mining Rank: 62 of 1 190

Rank 814....hmmm. Yes indeed.

Come to Top 100 ranks and after we can speak.
Go to mining forum topic and start to read ...but read a lot. Speak with people and figure out what the shit is happen to game mechanics.
Go loose 23k in a short time on planet side and after we can stay on same table and have a talk.

You belive I have nothing more good to make just to start here a new drama? And spend my time to figure out wtf is happen?
And yes, maybe I found something, maybe not....I dont give a shit like no one give when I start having this problems and lose big.

Go and figure yourself what is wrong on game right now.
MA dont give a shit about this.
They dont loose money, We lose. so yes....everytime when players have a bug and lost they dont care only when they lost.

Can you elaborate on this? What type of mining event system? Are you referring to Gold Rush?
No was on about treasure mining system. It's disabled all planets except ark and little tweaking could make it work for an event style on other planet's.

"
A lot of things can impact your variables such as skill, gear and knowledge and how you apply that knowledge to the Universe.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support"

Fanan Head Shot's Overview​

Favorite Mineral: Lysterium Stone

Highest Loot: 15 229 PED

Total Loot: 154 650 PED

Mining Rank: 814 of 1 190

The Real Fritz's Overview​

Favorite Mineral: Iron Stone

Highest Loot: 4 639 PED

Total Loot: 317 958 PED

Mining Rank: 62 of 1 190

Rank 814....hmmm. Yes indeed.

Come to Top 100 ranks and after we can speak.
Go to mining forum topic and start to read ...but read a lot. Speak with people and figure out what the shit is happen to game mechanics.
Go loose 23k in a short time on planet side and after we can stay on same table and have a talk.

You belive I have nothing more good to make just to start here a new drama? And spend my time to figure out wtf is happen?
And yes, maybe I found something, maybe not....I dont give a shit like no one give when I start having this problems and lose big.

Go and figure yourself what is wrong on game right now.
MA dont give a shit about this.
They dont loose money, We lose. so yes....everytime when players have a bug and lost they dont care only when they lost.
If you got time just do what everyone else does find your high mu areas wait for happy hour(wave) drop then stop 😉. If you don't know when happy hour/mins are pick certain consistent miner wait for them to global or summit then go for it.

Stop using amps their pretty much pointless ATM for finding mu if their above certain size. Iv hit alot high mu areas and even with 1k depth struggling to make ends meet for 106% amp I doubt I could make 104% work either tbh unless I wait around for happy hour. Unamped you can make it work.

Back