News: TWEN Finale

Yeah regardless of what this event entails, the finale has been about as clear as mud. It's not even clear whether I should bother to fly back from next island for it.

TWEN has been ok i think, lower end players gained mark up from the early token rush buying and the mark up of course went down as vendor emptied.

Would have been nice to have some (l) stuff in vendor for less tokens ofc, but overall was ok.

TWEN has been ok i think, lower end players gained mark up from the early token rush buying and the mark up of course went down as vendor emptied.

Would have been nice to have some (l) stuff in vendor for less tokens ofc, but overall was ok.
i definitely enjoyed getting something like 100-200p of markup in the beginning. so don't get me wrong. it was better than nothing. it just didn't quite reach what i was hoping for.

i definitely enjoyed getting something like 100-200p of markup in the beginning. so don't get me wrong. it was better than nothing. it just didn't quite reach what i was hoping for.

Yes i think SGA style was a good way, but then ofc you get the opposite that a new guy looted something and people go "Karen" on forum about it.

Although not ever looting a really cool item was happy with the opalo SGA at the time, and that format gave everyone a hope (however slim) to snag something nice.

In this format lower turnover/time players had mark up from tokens but little to no chance of snagging an item.

Like i said was ok, but preferred old system to be honest.

Yes i think SGA style was a good way, but then ofc you get the opposite that a new guy looted something and people go "Karen" on forum about it. Although not ever looting a really cool item was happy with the opalo SGA at the time, and that format gave everyone a hope (however slim) to snag something nice. In this format lower turnover/time players had mark up from tokens but little to no chance of snagging an item. Like i said was ok, but preferred old system to be honest.

Were you not here for the first half of the event when it was exactly what you said it wasn't?

Were you not here for the first half of the event when it was exactly what you said it wasn't?

I play much less these days so indeed i may have missed something, just tokens and vendor set up favour the big boys.
Nothing wrong with that, just in past all items were looted is what i meant. There were some items looted but most were in vendor for tokens.

I said event was ok just personally liked old way, some prefer new way. Both ways have benefits as i mentioned.
:)

Last edited:
Was it really half? That period of the event seemed to last maybe a month or two at most before it was converted to a token-based system.

I play much less these days so indeed i may have missed something, just tokens and vendor set up favour the big boys.
Nothing wrong with that, just in past all items were looted is what i meant. There were some items looted but most were in vendor for tokens.

I said event was ok just personally liked old way, some prefer new way. Both ways have benefits as i mentioned.
:)

They did have both systems included in this event, which Is why I think it was a good and fair event. The first half was random chance to loot the items from mobs, similar to What you described for SGA. Second half, token-based system. Only thing missing so far has been (L) items. But they did it fairly.

While I didn't loot any meaningful TWEN items I did enjoy seeing all the new gear pop up and it has in it's own way drive prices down on some items. I was able to snag some vendor items that have been helpful to upgrade my kit which is now a mish-mosh of SGA, TEN, FEN, and TWEN.

There was decent markup on tokens but in the mad rush to tier all these new items there was lots of mark up opportunities to be had that will continue beyond TWEN.

I am on target to surpass my original 2024 New Year's goals so I can't complain. I didn't have really high expectations in terms of what I could loot during TWEN so I kept my focus on things I could control and put effort towards vendor pulls. I learned early on, in PE, to temper my expectations in terms of events and VUs and just test the waters find opportunities when they present themselves based on my play style.

With TWEN winding down I think I need to get back in my art studio and finish some paintings.

This forum become a circle jerk of players who barely play the game anymore and complain about the "old days".
they are complaining about current days, but I think I know what you mean. It is a 20 year celebration event so looking back makes sense. I can't help that I log in almost daily but barely play because MA offers me little incentive other than spend thousand more dollars to end up where I started a month later. I hope you enjoyed the event, but I was left "beyond meh.." It's fine, but I always want better things for this game and it ends up feeling "just fine" or "good enough."

Back