Search results

1. Cerberus

Is Calypso starting to lose its position to Arkadia

With the strong exception of trading goods, Arkadia is just straight up more enjoyable. Palette is brighter, much like PE Everything is much more open, right down to the trading posts Pretty much the entire continent can be travelled without a VTOL Practically every mob has an unique drop in...
  2. Cerberus

The direction Entropia is heading

I viewed PE as an economy simulator fueled by gambling. The simulation made it novel and fun; if I wanted to straight up gamble I'd do it in a more profitable game than 3D slot machines. Undermining crafting (and by extension mining) by using microtransactions is just one step closer to pure...
  3. Cerberus

Attempts of SCAM in AH

It is most definitely a scam. It could be considered merely a ripoff if items only were overpriced. In these cases it is however painfully obvious that the seller is trying to deceive the buyer by imitating the typical market price. The fact that MA gets paid auction fees is irrelevant. If I...
  4. Cerberus

Backwards compability on weapons and armor

One of the biggest reasons hunting feels monotone, aside from the archaic combat, is because players buy gear not to hunt, but to hunt a specific monster. As armor, weapons and attachments require quite a substantial investment this means that players taking a break from hunting their...
  5. Cerberus

Question: Mining same spot, How long to wait?

Did it in the past. The mined area is empty for about 2 hours. This is server wide. It could've been change though, although I doubt it, so feel free to give it a spin.
  6. Cerberus

New Arkadian Melee Amps- Strange Test Results....

The durability amp lowers damage per pec (bad), but transfers decay from the weapon to the amp. As such, it is only good to use if MUweapon >> MUamp. The regular amp can increase damage per pec (which is often the case), increase damage per second but very often in the case of (L) amps also...
  7. Cerberus

FYI: Wow Neverdie, Wow...

You have to keep three things in mind: 1: ND is an entrepreneur. He has no background in programming, video game design or running businesses. 'Running businesses' might seem contradictory to entrepreneurship, but it's the difference between having an actual firm and just dumping money into an...
  8. Cerberus

A Lesson In Economics

That's true, but it's not the deciding factor. What matters is how available something is, or at least a near perfect substitute is. There are hunting mats that are worth their salt. They're either: A) From small mobs B) From annoying mobs C) From mobs with poor spawns D) From mobs that require...
  9. Cerberus

A Lesson In Economics

I pose four simple questions which I hope bring some light into why Entropia is the way it is: 1) Why can't higher skills allow you to hunt, mine and craft things that give different types of loot without spending more TT per hour? Like there being Batrox mobs that can only be killed by sonic...
  10. Cerberus

News: Halloween Mayhem 2013!

What does this mean?:confused:
  11. Cerberus

Question: Trapping vs. Economy

I gave a pretty conclusive response. You responded with "You're wrong, because few mobs are trappable" which by extension means not everyone in the community is doing it, therefore your conclusions are incorrect If you wanted to discuss the effects of your trapping has on the economy, then make...
  12. Cerberus

Question: Trapping vs. Economy

Imagine where everyone trapped their mobs: Armor would be pointless, so both looted and crafter armor would drop to TT value. Healing would be pointless, so all crafted, looted and rare faps would be dropped to TT value. Enhancers would be near pointless, so that craft would drop to near TT as...
  13. Cerberus

Question: Who pays for TT cost?

Your model assumes a few interesting things: If an avatar deposits on Caly, ATHs, hunts on Arkadia for 2 years and then withdraws on Arkadia. Then Arkadia gains 0$ from you being there and actually loses a substantial amount from you deciding to not withdraw on any other planet. By the same...
  14. Cerberus

Question: Do you experience the same in hunting?

Hunting is like if I crafted a level 4 component bp and got a mixed return consisting of every single component up to that level. If that happened of course most people would just frenzy sell their stuff and focus just on BP drops. The vast majority of players try to stack maybe 4 items for a...
  15. Cerberus

What to Expect from £70 ($109) deposit - REVIEW

The disappointment you felt is due to the inherent design flaws in hunting. 1) Skills In any MMO you get skills, as it is an easy way to make you feel like you're improving. In EU the only way to take advantage of those skills is use bigger guns. This translates into more PED spent per hour...
  16. Cerberus

Challenge to player base 10k ped competition - The responsibility test

1) Priority By launching a software product our number one priority is to keep the software free from bugs that detract from the functionality. As EU is primarily a platform where people pay for certain features (a gun, a pair of pants, a hangar) it is implied they do such because they desire a...
  17. Cerberus

Shaking money out of a tree theory

Aaah! So that's how the loot system works. Finally someone puts it in a way that I understand.
  18. Cerberus

Selling: WoF 10 Jacket (M)

Offering TT :ahh: (consider it a free bump)
  19. Cerberus

Question: Tell me about mob size multipliers

It's just a way to denominate probabilities in a more accurate way. I'll answer your question with another question. Shoot 1000 shinikiba. Shoot 1000 Aurli. In which of the two cases are you more likely to receive loots over 10 PED? Another issue is of course "Loot/Multipliers are predetermined...
  20. Cerberus

Significant drop in success rate

I've been having the same super returns right now. Over 600 clicks and TT return is at 63%. I've gone over 80% returns twice during this period (87% and 101%). Counting MU seems a bit silly. What seems more probable is that the major multipliers (that push your average from 60-70% to 85-90%)...
  21. Cerberus

Buying: Manufacture Enhancers

Hi! I need about 5 ped TT manufacture enhancers. PM me here or ingame if you consider creating a chip with roughly that amount.
  22. Cerberus

Starting game with 500 PED

30 probe finder is better for: * Cycling more PED within a given time * Depth, which gives you a higher proportion of high MU ores (they must still exist in the area though) 3 probe finder is better for: * Skill gains for a given amount of PED * Assessing the composition of a new area *...
  23. Cerberus

Starting game with 500 PED

Punies have 10 hp. Get the smallest possible weapon in your desired class (laser/blp; rifle/pistol) and go to town. Entropedia has a good list, and without being overly specific the S.I. weapons are decent candidates. Kiwio mk2 is even better. As for armor, try to stick to hunting where you...
  24. Cerberus

Chippnig In?

I was thinking of writing that armor is more effective, but I stopped. Why? There are so many newbies that overprotect and then either: A) Waste a ton of decay on hunting punies B) Go toe to toe against argonauts with an opalo. Armor is more effective, but telling people they should heal...
Back