Search results

1. D

New to game any advice is great!

I would skip starter pack. It's only good for amp if you want to hunt really really low like punies. In that case tt pistol + sinkadus is nice combo. Other than that there is nothing good in that pack - healing tool sucks comparing to even s10, armor is very weak and speed buff not so useful...
  2. D

Skill gains and decay

L/HP ratio matters if you want to optimize skill gain per ped spent. Pick mobs like bank robber on rock or carabok on ark. But if you want to optimize skill gain per hour played then pick highest dps gun you can and dense spawn so you don't lose time running between mobs. In general small mobs...
  3. D

Arkadia vs Calypso?

I would do all introduction missions on Calypso to get free 50ped, then move to Ark and swunt caraboks. Maybe haters from rocktropia are better for lazy sweating but you can't do them alone and groups sweating depends too much on group members quality. With caraboks you can mix skilling as...
  4. D

Info: What's Your Return?

MA got that 97% after first few weeks of 2.0 - a lot changed since then including looter professions introduction. My returns were around 96% for the first year after 2.0 introduction then it dropped to 93.5% after some VU/server maintenance and never got back to 96%. It wasn't gradual decrease...
  5. D

Info: What's Your Return?

1) 57.00% 2) maxed 3) 93.62% 4) 51 905.51
  6. D

Info: A Guide to Modern Medicine: How to Run a FAP Service in 2020

After 2.0 S10 became less eco than armor/plates. Is anybody still faps with it? I would say these days you have to start with mid level tools - I don't expect much demand for S10. For sake of completion you could mention herb box in low level tools - it's maxed way faster than S10 so a lot of...
  7. D

Question: Is all decay included when hunting?

I did 6 hunting tests, not much but it's time consuming on punies to pull my HP down for healing. I was healing for 10pec and killing puny (4 pec), lowest I got in that 6 tries was 4 pec and I would expect at least 7.5pec from healing at 75% return. So it may work differently on hunting but more...
  8. D

Hmm, hunting test is not that easy to interpret. I was spending 10pec on healing and then killing 10HP puny. But I was getting even as low as 0.04ped return after kill. That's way too low for constant 75% return I was getting after turreting mobs. So either fap decay is more random during...
  9. D

I was wearing Korona's Jumpsuit which counts as naked. Test it yourself, doesn't take long.
  10. D

After burning 5ped of fap on punies, I can confirm turreting returns exactly 75% of fap decay. Last test I would do is to test fap decay return on hunting. Is it also steady 75% or randomized 90%+ like weapon decay? I think we could test it by hunting very small mob with high fap decay - like...
  11. D

And tested. Healing between mobs is returned with next mob attacked or argoed. What I did: - I got attacked by puny outside port atlantis, my HP dropped below 50% - I pulled that mob into turret, got nothing of course - I did one click on S10 - went back and argoed next mob, I didn't hit it...
  12. D

It would be great if healing cost between mobs would count toward next mob attacked. I will test that myself now that drowning a mob returns decay - I just need to heal myself when no mob attacks and then argo one and drown it. That 75% return may be affected by the fact mob was never looted but...
  13. D

Just a next useless thread into the history

Sounds like US stock exchange :cool:
  14. D

NEW FREE to Play Model For This Games Success

If you go through calypso newbie chain, you should end up with around 50PED + few items like CDF armor and S10. Enough to do some puff puff on punies and feel the game. After that you either deposit or be really smart about MU hunting small mobs or sweat for pennies. It's not depositors job to...
  15. D

Response on Bad Loot and my MA tracked 91% Returns

This game if funny too if you don't stretch your budget. You can hunt punies for close to nothing all day long. The solution is not leaving but scaling down to mobs small enough that you are no longer worry about outcome because eventual losses are something you can easily live with - whatever...
  16. D

Buying: Seasonal & Mining Strongboxes , Pills , Amps and more

Your thread has 'buying' prefix - a bit misleading.
  17. D

Looter Professions and your % TT returns

I think data we rely on is either old and outdated or not complete: - returns stats: 2.5years old - I would say unreliable as MA could silently decrease loot returns over time. Fresh status pls. - eff info: they said it's 0-7% but they never said it's linear scale, it doesn't have to be. I...
  18. D

Does loot seem a bit sour lately or is it just me.

My loot sucks since looter professions introduction. I used to be 96.5% just after 2.0 and it dropped to 93.08% after looter. And I have good logs, 34k ped input on small mobs. It's not bad after MU but at 96.5% I was actually profitable :rolleyes:
  19. D

How long do you guess MA will survive in current gaming environment

I don't think we are anywhere close to that point. There are still plenty of money ingame for MA to decay, just look how quickly asteroid deeds were sold.
  20. D

Anyone getting a Bonus mission on the dailies

They still out there but far less frequent than they used to be :(
  21. D

Info: Sweaters United 1ped per k NO GOOD

I don't think it's depositors concern to please sweaters just because 'there are other players who would appreciate a demand existing for sweat they produce'. On side note it's plain impossible because depositor are outnumbered by ppl wanting to play for free - not to mention depositors can...
  22. D

Info: Sweaters United 1ped per k NO GOOD

I wonder how much price will fall till ppl stop sweating. Will they still sweat for bottles TT? It's free pec per k after all :yay:
  23. D

Are Skills Valuable?

They 'destroyed' profits by making game easier to play: trading was killed by global chats, search ability on AH and MU history. We didn't have such things when I started in 2007 so trading profession for real thing back then. MU drop is caused mostly by better information sharing so ppl jump on...
  24. D

Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

I'm interested in scanning part. Shooting and healing is returned in loot so I get it but scanning is not right now. Do they plan to start including scanner decay in loot returned? That would be something for ppl trying to up their looter levels.
Back