Search results

1. Q

Beware!!!!!!! AMD FX doesn't currently run EU

That's just in case you have to go back because of recursive problems that I have seen pop up in Entropia Universe, seen this since the days when the game was called Project Entropia. Obviously there wasn't this particular chip wasn't around back then but problems like this did exist. When I...
  2. Q

Here's an explanation on another website a bit how this works, the start command at the prompt. http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/197915-setting-processor-affinity-made-easy.html Despite being on a Vista board for x64, it still works regardless for the other OSes you are using. Scroll down to...
  3. Q

Actually, it's not the processor design itself that is causing the problem. When a scheduler is designed to be inflexible to only recognize certain hardware abstraction layer elements, it will crash regardless when it finds something it cannot identify. It's not a Crytek problem, I can run...
  4. Q

FYI: Entropia on Linux, IT WORKS !

Entropia Universe will never be utilizing 64-bit Microsoft Window to the max! Entropia Universe, it's Client Loader and Voice chat, are all 32-bit applications, pure and simple, they cannot see nor use server grade PAE for 32-bit systems with that option or native 64-bit memory, well I should...
  5. Q

EU on Linux (WINE)

Sony PS3 can use Linux, specifically Yellow Dog Linux. Problem being, the CELL processor is completely different than an Intel or AMD x86 or x64 CPU, and the GPU is completely different too. There is a wine port for it but EU will not run on it at all, I was inspecting the driver code and...
  6. Q

Entropia Universe 12.6.3 Release Notes

Glad you are back in and I hope this works for the rest of you, in Win 2k / 2k3 / XP series operating systems.
  7. Q

The updates were 290 MB to 580 MB depending on your computer OS and previous installation of the VU, meaning if it was a fresh install vs. a normal VU roll-over (or was it a steam-roller this time?).
  8. Q

Can you give me some more details about that computer of yours? How much memory you have, what computer manufacturer and model it is (and version of the motherboard if you know it or is IDed on the computer somewhere). I strongly suspect you might need the updated files to be dropped in the...
  9. Q

Glad it worked for you and that you didn't have those certain select computers with that goofy chip set series.
  10. Q

There were a certain select few with Vista and 7 x86 (32-bit) that had trouble too but most of them were Win XP and 2003 related.
  11. Q

Well, I hope they fix it soon too, so you can and everyone else not brave enough to do these work arounds can get in the normal way. You know, I think this thread should be made a sticky, so that MA is reminded of this for a long time to come. Anyone else feel this thread should be a sticky?
  12. Q

I only had to wait 8 hours for my response, then again, it was one of those overnight things. * shrugs *
  13. Q

Well, I don't expect people to really understand what the switches do, I just wanted to give people a heads up about Microsoft XP 32-bit PAE and environment control switches. Ironically, the /3GB and the other switch we were talking about was originally designed to be for debugging the kernel...
  14. Q

Right, I get what you are saying. But here lies the rub, depending on your chip set in which you computer uses, the North and South bridges and other interface chips, they may or may not be able to be reassigned or taken out of the memory map. For example, a lot of older computers whether they...
  15. Q

Right, you can use BCDEDIT on the Vista and 7 platforms but not on the XP for it doesn't have it. The option I gave is for XP Home or Starter or XP Pro 64-bit with certain services preventing a normal admin function to be used. The BCDEDIT is just as valid as the way I give the instructions...
  16. Q

Install / Update to 12.6.3 without crash. [NOTE: Must have 3 or 4 GB RAM in system minimum] A note about how Microsoft boot.ini switches work can be found here before you begin: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316739 To Install VU 12.6.3 on Windows XP via this method: (if you don't have 3 or...
  17. Q

Avoid Vista like the plague! Avoid that OS like the plague, as well as Windows 2008 Server (big brother of Vista). It's best to wait for the patch or follow the boot.ini patch, download, then change it back once it's installed. Windows Vista is quite literally has to be one of the buggiest...
  18. Q

I was informed that MindArk is looking into this now. They didn't say what the problem is as of yet but to watch the Support News section on the clientloader.exe or on their website. As to when they will have this fixed, I don't know to be completely honest.
  19. Q

Hello again, Skal. I just notice someone just created a society to mock your, it's called...

Hello again, Skal. I just notice someone just created a society to mock your, it's called, "Warants." created @ 2012-03-06 00:10:42 by Sexy- Roxy-Princess rg, just wanted to give you a heads up, bud. It's still listed as "qualifying" and only has one member.
  20. Q

Hello Trance, thanks for the friend's request here in PCF.

Hello Trance, thanks for the friend's request here in PCF.
  21. Q

Oops! Sorry about that, BattleAxe... Slow updating on the page and I posted the message cause I...

Oops! Sorry about that, BattleAxe... Slow updating on the page and I posted the message cause I was getting script errors.
  22. Q

Hello, BattleAxe! Thanks for the friends request here on PCF. I click and added you about 2...

Hello, BattleAxe! Thanks for the friends request here on PCF. I click and added you about 2 minutes ago but it seems the forum servers are a bit slow right now for some reason. * shrugs *
  23. Q

Hello, BattleAxe! Thanks for the friends request here on PCF. I click and added you about 2...

Hello, BattleAxe! Thanks for the friends request here on PCF. I click and added you about 2 minutes ago but it seems the forum servers are a bit slow right now for some reason. * shrugs *
  24. Q

25. Q

Monthly fee? Would u pay it

Majstorex, I stand corrected, I have played the online poker tourneys and some individual table with the rakes implemented but none with comps (online that is). Which sites have you visited with that feature? I will take a look at it later, sounds intriguing. Now, playing tables with comps...
Back