Search results

1. Miles

HoF: Toulan Tower - 6418 PED Aqeeq Ingot

Toulan Tower - 6418 PED Aqeeq Stone Last night, this happened: My second ever mining tower, and my second biggest loot ever, at 6418 PED. Both were on Toulan This was also with a Sabad Finder M2, which I crafted, but this time with just a Level 5(L) amp. Just like the first one, Entropia...
  2. Miles

Question: Miles #2 - What changes do you most want to see?

To each of you: As the current leaders of this wonderful, messy, complex, and unique adventure we've been on for many years, and feeling that everyone involved must share both the wonder and frustration that defines Entropia Universe; what would you be asking for if you were on our side of this...
  3. Miles

Question: Miles #1 Wheeled Vehicle Physics

Question #1 (my personal pet peeve) When will cars and trucks nose down under braking and nose up under acceleration like they so obviously should? This has been backwards since my very first Valkyrie MK1 and persists to this day. Peace, Miles
  4. Miles

Uber: Hunting Uber - and it only took 11 years

I've been uber-free hunting for over a decade; currently level 73 Laser Sniper, so not for a lack of effort. :eyecrazy: Then this :yay: With these (L) ;) What a nice way to start my vacation :cool: Peace, Miles
  5. Miles

The A.E.G.S. Wormhole Transport

I posted this basic idea another thread, but it was lost in the conversation, so here is my solution to make everybody sort of happy. Please read it before telling me why it won't make you happy, too. I love Space, and I hope the big update coming down the goat-path, or wherever, brings us all...
  6. Miles

HoF: My New Highest Hunting Loot!

Miles just turned 6 on Friday, and last night got his Birthday present - a 703ped Boorum Female Berserker! My previous high loot from hunting was 620ped Chimera (Next Island mob) and my highest Calypso hunting loot was 502ped Argo back in 2009. Still no hunting uber-loot... yet :) I had to...
  7. Miles

Blog Neglect

How is it that I haven't blogged in so long? I'm not sure, but it's not for a lack of playing. This coming year will be one of change for me though. My IRL financial situation has improved significantly, which permits me to do what I have long wanted to do - which is to up my hobby budget a fair...
  8. Miles

Achievement: A "Staged" Global

I wanted a global screenshot with the castle and the moon in the background, and so each time I took on a Combibo Brood Mother while doing the Combibo Iron Missions, I tried to position it just so while I was killing it. On the last night I added my parked hover for a dash of anachronism. When...
  9. Miles

Selling: 100 Pairs of Male Pixie Foot Guards

UPDATE: SOLD This is not a joke. I currently have 110 pairs in my inventory, but 100 is nice round number. Minimum bid: TT+25ped Buyout bid: TT+40ped Sale ends 5 days after opening bid, on buyout, or whenever I decide to TT them all. :D :beerchug: Miles
  10. Miles

The Next 5 Years

I'm excited, which is the same place I started 5 years ago. (Not that their weren't some less exciting times along the way, for there were.) My original 10 year goal was to be something vaguely uber - to be playing at a high level and to be a name in the game, so to speak. Just writing that now...
  11. Miles

Achievement: 5 Years Later

Five years ago to today I landed in New Oxford and was wandering around the wilds of Amethera lost and helpless... Now: 157HP Level 55 Laser Sniper (7k Rifle) 146k+ Total Skills No chipping, total deposits average $23.25/month (playing 90-120 hours/month) I've had 453 total Globals for...
  12. Miles

The First 5 Years

10 Years was farther than I could see, and who could say what high level play would be then - so I figured I should have a 5 year plan to reach a platform - a level of participation from which I could build. It was also something I could imagine. I wanted to be well-rounded, not balanced - a...
  13. Miles

Almost 5 - Preview

Five years is a long time, but it is only the halfway point of my original plan for life in EU. May 10th will be my birthday and I'm going to spend some time reflecting on the past and looking to the future. I stumbled on to EU and found it was like nothing I had ever seen and something I had...
  14. Miles

The Big One

Well it finally happened! A week or so ago I did something worth posting in the Uberloot section. This is the first time in a long time where I can really adjust my lifestyle. I've been spending most of the time thinking, so as not to act too fast. I now have 4 to 6 times my normal bankroll...
  15. Miles

Uber: My First XXII - Personal ATH - Happy Day

I was back on Calypso, and out on my first mining run in quite some time when something nice happened. Number 4 on the list for the day (at the time) F-103 + Level 7 Amp + Level I Depth Enhancer :cool: The amps were cheap, the area/gear combo was pretty crap-free (based on current mark-ups)...
  16. Miles

Neglected

Whoops! I neglected to post for several months. As of my last post I'd been traveling around the newly expanded universe in my quad. After giving RT a real try - and concluding that it really just wasn't for me - I headed back to NI which I hadn't quite known what to make of it on previous...
  17. Miles

Selling: Male Supremacy Shin Guards (L)

TT Value 130.14 (311 is full TT) Min Bid: 260.00ped (~200%) Buy Out 420.00ped (~325%) Will sell to highest bidder 7 days after 1st bid if no buyout offer is received. UPDATE: Opening bid by Konvicted on Mar 7th 16:00 hrs. Auction will close on Mar 14th at same time (unless a buy-out is...
  18. Miles

I Still Climb Mountains

When it's the only way to get to the top. As I traveled the universe, I visited an odd but enjoyable resort planet called Next Island - which was far more fun than I expected. On my first trip I made a brief visit to Ancient Greece. Was I drugged? Was it some sort of VR trick? Or was it just a...
  19. Miles

Mentoring for the quiet hours (4-ish to 7-ish MA time)

Do you play at this time? Are you patient and determined? Are you looking for no-nonsense mentoring in hunting and mining? (With driving and flying lessons as a bonus?) I'm looking for one or two disciples who say "Yes, yes, yes (and yes)." No wacky loot theories or crazy schemes, just...
  20. Miles

CRASHTropia

I literally crash-landed on ROCKTropia - when I logged back in, it looked like this: I can't say a whole lot because I kept crashing due to 'Out of RAM' - so until MA fixes the memory leak problems I can't really do much because I have to stay away from the cities. It took a while, and at...
  21. Miles

Across the Universe...and Back

I've been winging around the Universe on a little vacation after reaching a collection of milestones that I call mid-level. It feels like a new chapter, and I am putting more details to my long-range objectives while taking a break from my usual activities. I'll have a few more posts coming...
  22. Miles

Achievement: Medium Health

The last of the check-boxes on my list of mid-levelness got checked recently... ...so I am on vacation - traveling the universe in my new quad - while I consider my options going forward. Posted from Next Island, where the driving is excellent (except for this) and the weather is...
  23. Miles

The Dumbest Road in the Universe!

...And it's not like the competition is light. I can prove my case without words, just one simple picture will do. So I offer to you - the ND 500 Racetrack on Next Island's CND... :eyecrazy: :laugh: :eyecrazy:
  24. Miles

Uber: In Which I Get to Post in this Forum

Sooner or later it was going to happen, but I've been running low on sooner. Mining seemed like the likely candidate since I have been using somewhat bigger amps lately. Working close to my current home base of Myrene Island, I was mining ores with my trusty F-103 (to avoid the deep crap)...
  25. Miles

Explosion and Death - In Space

I knew I wouldn't be able to kill another Cosmic Horror- I'd taken too much damage already, so I figured I should try to catch the blast... ...then died a lonely death... ...in space. :cool:
Back