Search results

1. Stutoman

Question: Should Calypso be rebuilt the same in Unreal Engine 5?

Indeed, everything kept on being changed for no apparent reason. Like the chat system, it was completely fine but they decided they just fancied changing how it worked one day and released a buggy incomplete system that just didn't have the same charm at all. Same with all the button mappings...
  2. Stutoman

Problem is they tried too hard with certain things. I think the focus was wrong. They wanted to increase player retention, so created the tutorial zone. The result they got was the exact opposite. We expected better marketing, but their marketing continued to be piss poor, and somehow it still...
  3. Stutoman

Wow!! That soundtrack brought back memories of the game I fell in love with. The image of Hades too! I played CE2 for a good while before ultimately dropping out, it just wasn't the same game with the same charm anymore. They need to bring some of the charm and balance back to the game. By the...
  4. Stutoman

You must not remember when they upgraded from the original engine to Cryengine 2. They remade things with a nod to the past, but other than the vague shape of the continent and the relative placement of locations to one another, they pretty much built the map from scratch. They didn't even...
  5. Stutoman

What would you like to see in 2015?

I think they should deliver what they promised in 2012. How's that official video coming along? You know, the one that was announced to be completed in November 2012??
  6. Stutoman

Selling: Full vigilante set

Bumping this
  7. Stutoman

Selling: Full vigilante set

Selling full vigilante set, fully repaired 435PED. As it's a full set at convenience, the price at only a few ped over MU is very reasonable. I will not sell individual parts, it's the full set only. Please PM me, I'll most likely be available on the weekend to make the transaction.
  8. Stutoman

Social Interface Improvement Requests after Vu 14.6.0

As always with fucking Mindark. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FUCKING TRY TO FIX IT. There was NOTHING wrong with the old system. You can add certain features here and there without having to completely overhaul it and trash it in the process. There were already chat channels. Yes the rookie...
  9. Stutoman

List of chat channels

I haven't tried it yet, but oh dear... sounds a lot like EVE Online. What was wrong with the last system? I guess if all chat channels are not location dependent then it will make the universe seem more active after the introduction of planets spread all the players far and wide.
  10. Stutoman

The Planet Calypso Story - Your Opinion

I want to know your opinions. Do you follow the story of Planet Calypso, or do you not really give a toss about it and just play for the game? Do you like the back story, or do you think it's just there to cover otherwise unexplainable changes to the game?
  11. Stutoman

Calypso - My BIG idea!

I just avoid space altogether. I don't need to waste my time travelling between planets, if I want to check one out I'm more likely to just make another avatar to start on that planet with. The cost of fuel is already high enough, let alone the ridiculous danger of being in lootable pvp. It's a...
  12. Stutoman

Entropia ad on Youtube vids...

I haven't seen the new ads myself so I cannot comment with an opinion on them, but I think for those interested in this thread then it's worth a read of what's gone on in this area in the not-too-distant past...
  13. Stutoman

Flying vehicles can be attacked by mobs now?

Environmental damage isn't the same, it doesn't affect the TT value, whereas damage from attack does.
  14. Stutoman

Flying vehicles can be attacked by mobs now?

I thought aircraft were excluded from being able to be attacked by mobs. I was flying a group to Athena Spaceport when suddenly my gungnir was attacked and destroyed on the spot by mobs which took me by susprise considering it's normally an empty and quiet spot. Did I miss an announcement about...
  15. Stutoman

Chest Size

Since the avatar update chest size has been made extremely disproportionate. (Male avatars, unsure about female avatars). Even the skinniest of avatars still have a disproportionately large chest.
  16. Stutoman

Shades

Gullaldr Shades are now broken since the recent avatar changes. One side is darker than the other, and they are no longer reflective.
  17. Stutoman

Calypso Gateway

Lieutenant Smith asks if you'd like to go to Port Atlantis which is incorrect as it now takes you to Camp Icarus. When you arrive at Camp Icarus via Lieutenant Smith you spawn on the ground and not on the landing pad.
  18. Stutoman

New Avatar System bug

I love how it made everybody fat by default, including all the NPC's! This is a classic example of MindArk ignoring the saying "If it's not broke don't fix it".
  19. Stutoman

I wish that we would actually be listened to.

What other official Planet Calypso website is there?
  20. Stutoman

I wish that we would actually be listened to.

Seen the new planet calypso website? oh gosh it's horrible. Do we really get ignored this badly? Us the community have practically handed MA a winning formula for how to improve things and they just get totally ignored. I was shocked when I saw the new site. It looks totally unfinished, and the...
  21. Stutoman

Planet calypso content release 2012.5

Still haven't increased the rediculously low speed for Quads.... Logic need not apply in this game :hammer::hammer::hammer: :dunno:
  22. Stutoman

FYI: For God's Sake MA/FPC/SDS or whoever's running this thing now, GET A GRIP OF YOUR MARKETING!

I am happy that this thread, although indirectly, has been aknowledged by the developers and some answers given. It's still a shame MA seem to have a policy of no direct discussion with participants on forums like there used to be, what happened to Marco? EDIT FEB 2015: How funny that, 2.5...
  23. Stutoman

FYI: For God's Sake MA/FPC/SDS or whoever's running this thing now, GET A GRIP OF YOUR MARKETING!

Do you not know how google ads actually work? Advertisers can choose to target specific demographics and people who have searched for specific things. For example somebody who's never searched for Entropia before will not see these ads, but once they've made one search for it they will be shown...
  24. Stutoman

You don't get it, games yes, but it doesn't show it to people interested in games in general, just to those who seem to have already specifically searched for something directly entropia related. Take my original example, I didn't see a single one of these ads until directly visiting the...
  25. Stutoman

Do those exact same searches again on a different PC on a separate internet connection whilst not logged into any google accounts and I guarantee you will not see those ads. You're only seeing them because google tracks your internet history via cookies so it can target ads.
Back