Search results

1. Dorsai

New Virus On EF?

Very slow page load times. I am currently getting very very slow page loading times here. I am not talking of it taking 3-4 seconds, I am talking about 5 minutes plus, or even pages that never actually finish loading. In all cases the part of the page that is taking literally forever to load...
  2. Dorsai

Help: Tiers? Tears? Help?

I am putting this in the noob section because I feel like a noob. Talk of "tiers" and stuff? can someone post a link to a thread that explains the "basics" in plain english? What is a Tier? In general how does one unlock one? What does one gain from so doing? etc. :)
  3. Dorsai

logging in under ground/in water?

Hi. I keep logging in under water. I have noticed a trend. Some areas on the map are shown as water (lake, river etc), but when you actually go there, there is no water. If you log out there you log back in under the ground, in water. SO is this the problem? The system wont let you fall...
  4. Dorsai

Help: Phantom Shadows?

Hi. I will try and ask this in a way that makes sense, and show it how I see it. When in EU I get what I call, for lack of a better description, "Phantom shadows" on the landscape. Basically they look like shadows, but "pop in and out" at random. Also, there is nothing for them to be a...
  5. Dorsai

Question: Why did the continents change shape?

Hi, I have just looked at the new maps as posted on Entropedia, and it got me thinking..... (Not always a good Idea I agree!) Why did the continents change shape? A small change here, and a small change there I could understand as being due to the new system, but the reality is more looking...
  6. Dorsai

Help: stuck, icon on screen

Hi, as per the screen shot, I havea stuck icon on the screen. I can move it about to get it out of the way, but am not actually able to remove it. Any suggestions, or is it a known bug?
  7. Dorsai

Question: Why can I not upload BMP files?

When I take screen shots I take them as a BMP for quality. When I need to upload an image here I have to edit, and save as a JPG (or other supported format) before I can upload. Over time I slowly fill up my HDD space with JPG copies of BMP's, and then have to go delete the JPG's, running the...
  8. Dorsai

It had been going badly

Yup. It had been going badly. over 300 peds spent skilling on armour crafting, with a return of under 60%. For me that is "poor" I do not expect to profit, but I normally do better than that. SO I decided to go hunt a bit.... Trox are normally Good. It went pants too... Then a soc mate...
  9. Dorsai

I just wondered... Do you have a facebook account, in the name of your Avi? If you did, would it be so you can "social net work" with fellow Avis in EU, outside of EU? It would be a case of "EU Friends" rather than "Rl friends".
  10. Dorsai

HoF: Small trrox hoff.

Not much, but was nice to get, a small trox hoff. keep chasing one of the really big trox ones....#
  11. Dorsai

Selling: Shopping Booth. Omeg west, Epsilon, no 10.

SELLING: Shopping Booth. Omeg west, Epsilon, no 10. HI. This is a rent free booth for sale, located Omegaton West, Epsilon Building, booth 10. A booth will hold 10 items. The starting price is 4.5k. Buy-Out 6k. EDIT Auction re-launched.. End date 27/Feb/2010 @midnight.
  12. Dorsai

Achievement: A nice mermoth set....

Hi, I have been working on this for a while.... A set of Mermoth Clothing. Now it is done. Some colouring may be needed, but I am as yet unsure as to the colours? The Master coat was the last item, done perhaps half an hour ago, with most of the textures applied by my good friend and soc...
  13. Dorsai

Week 3, day 2 & 3.

Well, the decision to try without the patches seems to have been devastatingly premature. Yesterday was an emotional disaster of unimaginable proportions. Thankfully a Friend was there for me when I called seeking help, at midnight, and came to me, to give support. I have bought more patches...
  14. Dorsai

Week 3, day 1.

A bit behind here. Not on the non-smoking, but on the blog. Sunday was hard, but only because I had nothing to do to distract me. I won through so was satisfied. I did try a fag, but the smell and taste were so vile that I put it out without actually inhaling any of the smoke. I regard that as...
  15. Dorsai

day 5 week 2...

Spent the day in the company of a friend both new and old, a soc member..... New, never met in RL.. Old, Known in EU for over 2 years. Noting more to say. had a good day!
  16. Dorsai

week2 day 4

SO far today was far easier than any day yet. Support from a caring best-friend who comes to visit workes wonders and also keeps your mind off the fags, even if only for one day. I can now understand why friends/collegues who have non-smoking partners have managed to quit- they had support from...
  17. Dorsai

week1 day2

Alarm clock change worked. Have no time in the morning to miss smoking, which was the idea. As long as I have something to do I am OK, as I can ignore the brief craving, and then carry on wwhith what I was doing. Now I: Get up, <censored>, have shower, get dressed, go. Arrive at work at an...
  18. Dorsai

Day1, Week2

Badly tempted this morning, but resisted (Barely) and was early for work. Will have to set the alarm clock to go off about 15 minutes later than it used to be, as I am not spending 15 minutes smoking in the morning, but am at a loose end and desperate for a fag for those 15 minutes. By the time...
  19. Dorsai

day 7.

Up to day 7. It's been one week. Only smoked 1 fag in the whole week, and put that one out unfinished. Cravings seem to have settled at the level from day 3, but so far I am stronger than the cravings. Generally I feel much better that I did when I smoked. Second box of patches bought. I...
  20. Dorsai

3 in one day:

I started the day making some textures for me... As it went OK, I decided to make some for a friend. It also went OK SO I went to Jason, for some robots. My first ever looted bit of armour that had a mark-up over tt+1. Almost full tt, and the whole of the Glow. (martial thighs!)
  21. Dorsai

day 4

Still not given in and smoked. :yay: Slept through the night, and even felt able to hit the snooze button once rather than take actions to avoid a fag like diving in the shower and rushing to work the second I woke. Wheezing & coughing ones toe-nails up in the morning, every morning, continues...
  22. Dorsai

On the plus side:

Ok. now for the plus side. After only 3 days I no longer have freezing cold feet. Just cold feet. The "reduced blood flow to the skin" thing thing I guess? At this rate my feel will melt in a month. I no longer wake my self up during the night cos I am so congested with shit in my lungs I...
  23. Dorsai

Hear begins the Quest. Stop smoking!

Well, I have never Blogged before. I am trying (so far stressfully) to stop smoking....... Now that is a typo, I meant to say Successfully, buy my subconscious seems to have made a "Freudian slip". I will let it ride, as it is also true. TO start again. I am trying (So far successfully) to...
  24. Dorsai

Anyone qualified legally for UK leashold law?

If you are, and are willing to offer free advise on a problem I have, on the basis that I won't hold you accountable to what you say, let me know. I have a simple question needing what I suspect is a simple reply. I can PM the question, or post openly later on.
  25. Dorsai

Worthwile little troxie.

I had been meaning to go after some Trox for a while. But I kept putting it off, no ammo, gun broke, etc. A day or two ago a soc mate invited my to go do some slugs, so I fixed my gun, and we went... Then I came back. I did a bit of this, and a bit of that. And I finally went to do the...
Back