Search results

1. thoreau

Hello again from the Community Relations Manager

There should be an AMA thread/subforum on this site. Then weekly the devs will answer the previous weeks postings. The community manager would be responsible for gathering and summarizing the questions. No need for the devs to read/respond to a dozen questions on botting. I'm not optimistic...
  2. thoreau

Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

Soon™ or when MA remembers.
  3. thoreau

Legal environment for online gambling

Entropia most resembles a video poker machine. There is a set avg return. Optimal play on specific payout machines will allow you to raise the payout percentage to just over 100%. Your loses can be said to earn skill in playing the game and increasing optimal play.
  4. thoreau

time to loot?

5. thoreau

Suggestion: Give Land Area Operators a Viable Tool Box.

Maybe these exists but in case they don't: 1. Most mobs killed. This focuses on equipment and skill and reduces luck/chance. 2. Fewest deaths during event. May help revitalize the healer/support profession. 3. Event participation token. Given to those who pre register and...
  6. thoreau

Proposed new attachment for “tanking”

Perfect for a Mindforce chip. MF user can cast Aggro on a player then switch to healer chip.
  7. thoreau

Suggestion: Loot 3.0 ideas

Your numbers don't add up. Even if you spent $1000 on equipment and $5000 on ammo, cycling at a 90% rate would total about $50,000. Not 250k. Unless my math is wrong of course.
  8. thoreau

More latency and "failed" since last VU ?

I don't think that a: “... Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience” Real Cash Economy game should have any lag. But that's just me.
  9. thoreau

Sweating. The Present and Future.

What MA has done well is to require large amounts of sweat to spawn boss mobs. There should be more of this. Also, MA should add sweat in increasing amounts to the EP blueprints with EP1 require a small amount of sweat and EPx requiring a factor of 10 more (whatever the max EP BP is.) EP1 1...
  10. thoreau

Achievement: Highest HP avatar ingame and the story

Great write up! My question is, what is the setup to gain skills the fastest? Using level appropriate gear (what does this even mean?) against level appropriate mobs? If I'm level 30 sniper should I be using a level 30 rifle hunting level 30 mobs?
  11. thoreau

What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

Her best performance and the best version of this song IMO (with apologies to Dolly)
  12. thoreau

Anxiety and COVID-19

Just remember that crowds are bad but just being outside isn't. So try to walk for an hour outside if you can. Maybe walk or adopt a dog. Donate your time to a local animal shelter. Be outside during this time. It will help. Above all, remember that your life has worth and value. This virus...
  13. thoreau

Info: Bonnie's Twitch stream!

Great fun had by all. Nice finish with the Sand King. Thoreau
  14. thoreau

How to convince players to come back to EU?

All MA needs to do is add 0.00 TT items to the loot pool. It wouldn't cost them anything and would add variety and excitement to hunting.
  15. thoreau

Doer's brain blows up

“Long days and pleasant nights.”
  16. thoreau

Why?

A little dated but still true:
  17. thoreau

What Floats your Musical Boat, At this Very Second :)

The Weight | Featuring Robbie Robertson and Ringo Starr| Playing For Change | Song Around The World
  18. thoreau

Ancient Greece Shares

Do we get a 'certificate' when we purchase a share?
  19. thoreau

Ancient Greece Shares

I think we will be able to teleport to planets before too long. Maybe a 5 PED charge to TP to Next Island or Arkadia.
  20. thoreau

Ancient Greece Shares

Star Citizen has over 400 staff and the game is still in 'alpha' state after 5 yrs (???) of development. Everquest and Everquest 2 has over 40 staff members combined and they put out 1 big update per year for each title. I think game development takes more labor and time than you think.
  21. thoreau

Ancient Greece Shares

So a coder probably makes $75,000 year including fringe benefits. So you're talking about paying 10 coders for a year. That's not very much money at all when you consider you have to pay people to do work.
Back