Search results

1. Thorrn

Finders and Amps, What do they really do?

Just starting a thread here to discuss what Finders and Amps really do while mining. 1 concise place so that all different ideas are found here, instead of mixed up all over the place in multiple different threads. If you only follow the theory that amps only Increase the size of the claim...
  2. Thorrn

How many miner's are hindered by the price on Finders over OF211?

I just wanted to throw this post out, to see how many other miner's are not able to upgrade their finder's because of the extremely low BP drop rate(causing the price to be way high) or non-existence of higher L finders above the 211? From what I understand MA isnt dropping the Z20, Z25 finder...
  3. Thorrn

New Mining loots

I would like to gather some information from those miners who have found anything "new" when extracting....ie amps, spores, and all the new goodies. I as of yet have to find anything other than the one ore, as I ore mine only. And of course the rather elusive Spaceship. If you could please...
  4. Thorrn

Crafting BP's

Can one craft BP's themselves? I have noticed on wiki, and the following site, where it would have different items to be crafted but some of them in their name actually says blueprint. http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/ Please help to unconfuse me. For example, if on the candyman site...
  5. Thorrn

Ziplex Z20 OreSeeker (L)

Anyone making any of these? I have browsed the auction quite a few times in the past several days, and all Im seeing are all the other Z finders. I wouldnt mind putting in my order, if someone who crafts these, cares to PM me feel free.
  6. Thorrn

Ziplex Z20 OreSeeker (L)

Anyone making any of these? I have browsed the auction quite a few times in the past several days, and all Im seeing are all the other Z finders. I wouldnt mind putting in my order, if someone who crafts these, cares to PM me feel free.
  7. Thorrn

What do you do with fairly newer animal oils, residue etc in loots?

Just a poll to see how many people actually use this stuff of if it just gets tt'd
  8. Thorrn

NEW animal pieces in Loot

Do you use them/ TT them / sell them for the pidly amount of markup you can get from them? Clarification on animal pieces...the fairly new oils,,muscle, eye, residue, all that stuff.
  9. Thorrn

Global/Hoff Loot

Do you think GLobals and Hoff's should only have REAL items in them, with No new animal parts tt crap?
  10. Thorrn

Mobs: Higher maturity and just new to an area

I have noticed after this VU, some new mobs in areas they werent before, also Higher maturities than usual. West of Atlas Island south, just across the river yesterday there were Argo Hunters, and Trox Providers. Now I have been over that way quite a few times, and never saw any trox at all...
  11. Thorrn

Chipping out verification

Just to make rock solid sure about this.... Lets say I have a 17Ped ESI Lets say I have 255 skills in one category to chip out, and 162 skills in another category. First chip will have ~230 (255 - 10%)skills on it and be a .37 skill chip...I would get a 16.63 ESI back in my inventory, and a...
  12. Thorrn

OF 105 vs other ore finders

I checked my ASD on ore finders as I have max'd the 211 and soon will be needed a new finder. Question, upon checking the OF 105, my ASD is quite a bit better than the OF 104,,,what's up with that? The skill level needed is higher on the 105, and the max Search Depth is more than the 104, but...
  13. Thorrn

Extras in our finds

So what happened to all those posts about finding extra things in with deposits? Since I read the first post I have dropped quite a few bombs, and have found no extras. Crafters constantly get residue and things back while crafting...why cant we get a more consistant "extra" when we mine...
  14. Thorrn

Chipping skills question

How does this work? More detail please than the snibbets Im reading in various posts please. Also Can I chip out multiple skills on one chip, or does that produce multiple chips with one skill on each, and if any remaining on the original chip I will have an empty blank chip with that much...
  15. Thorrn

Globals and Hof's

If anyone recalls, do you receive more globals in areas with PREDOMINATELY one mob type, EXCLUSIVELY has one mob type, or Mixed Mob types?
  16. Thorrn

Zooming with a scope

I dont have a wheel mouse, is there some key command I can use instead?
  17. Thorrn

Finder/condition and finding materials

Are the finders less efficient at finding materials if they have low condition?
  18. Thorrn

Electro matrix

Im trying to find out out this item, I know it is required to build a hanger but, I dont see any that were ever on auction. Anyone know what they go for? EDIT...Nevermind found my answer, posted this before looking.
  19. Thorrn

Losing ammo and decay on ranged vs melee

I hate it when I accidently fire my weapon...I loose both the ammo and the decay on the weapon and amp...But from what Im hearing swinging a melee weapon you get no decay at all, as you didnt actually hit anything? How is that fair. Why can't they put into effect the same thing they have with...
  20. Thorrn

Laser Carbines and SIB

There is a big gap in SIB laser carbines. Why not make a Breer M3a, M4a, M5a etc like the pistol series....Not having these carbines in place, makes a huge gap in carbine SIB weapons. Breer M2a (L) 19 damage 4 ammo - Montgomery Anabolic (L) 47 damage 10 ammo The gap is just under 2.5 times...
  21. Thorrn

Laser Carbines and SIB

There is a big gap in SIB laser carbines. Why not make a Breer M3a, M4a, M5a etc like the pistol series....Not having these carbines in place, makes a huge gap in carbine SIB weapons. Breer M2a (L) 19 damage 4 ammo - Montgomery Anabolic (L) 47 damage 10 ammo The gap is just under 2.5 times...
  22. Thorrn

Unlocking Marksmen

I am seeing that is should unlock at ~1k in your ranged combat skills I have almost 1.3k in rifle and the level 1 that everyone starts out with in Pistol,,, Wondering why I havent unlocked Marksmen yet, any help?
  23. Thorrn

Just a thought

This covers many of the different things I am hearing in multiple areas within the forum, so Im posting it in general discussions. 1) running THROUGH some trees but not others 2) running THROUGH some group objects, but get stopped and have to run around others. 3) getting stopped, like you ran...
  24. Thorrn

Quick bar

Question.... Quickbar F5 for weapons and FaP kit,,,Unequip, Equip, Relax Before putting a weapon or FaP in the quickbar the numbers for each are shown, and Im assuming usable,,,example 1 for ranged, 2 for melee, 3 for Fap...but when I actually put a weapon in that quick slot, the number goes...
  25. Thorrn

Problems updating

I already have the starting Icon but when I click it, the updating is taking FOREVERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And the timer counts forward, like 8 minutes and just keeps counting up, not backward. Im running DSL, pro package from SBC global, and dont have a problem with any other online game. Please help
Back