[01-10-2005] Irken Invaders 1 on 1 D1 event

Squee

Stalker
Society
Irken Invaders
Squee "Da Bomb" Doe
event1.jpg

The Irken Invader society is organising a 1 on 1 event on 1 october 2005. With the finger on the trigger the participants will enter combat with one another in fight to the death. Find out or prove how tough you really are.

Mentors, support you desciples to participate. It's just a minor registration fee. Desciples, nag your mentors alot for the stuff :). Everyone is welcome from n00b to uber to join the fun.

Date: Saturday 1 Oct. 2005
Time: 21:00 MA/PE time. (late at night for Europe, morning/afternoon for Canada )

For rules and further details, you can check the society site: http://irken-invaders.net/

been thinking about an event like this count me in !

You do realise that people will regain health far faster than they'll get hit; tough to kill a noob and physically impossible to kill an uber ;)

Michyblueyes, i guess i forgot to say, and you reminded me:

You can sign-up through our website. This is for organisational reasons. All event information will be updated realtime on the site. Signing up is a matter of 1 minute. I hope this wont be such an inconvinience that someone would not participate. :)

gurkha said:
and where does the other 5% of the fee go, eh?:dunce:

lol .. ermmzz partly the crew for taking all the time to help organise the event, partly to finance a nice little firework show at the end for the winner :)

gurkha said:
You do realise that people will regain health far faster than they'll get hit; tough to kill a noob and physically impossible to kill an uber ;)

yes we know. And if your fast enough with hitting, its possible to kill someone. Ubers might for a problem, and an uber will probablywin. but as we said in the rules on the site: The registration is very low and we hope that it won't stop someone participating for fun.

The more the marrier! :D

*fine print: we are testing our event organisation system and i can't support hp levels yet, just like it cant support teams yet. another and last little secret: this system will be publically available for use too*

with you ppl i hafta give away all suprises :dunce:

Possibly put an A101/A103 (you choose) on the jester to makeit go a bit quicker?

obviously scan everybody to make sure they're not cheating by using a D3 and A204:silly2:

if you do decide to do that, buy/go team hunting on feffs for A103 or whatever drops A10 (forget now
dunce.gif
) and sell them at TT price to the competitors so the amps are available for all.

Just an idea ;)

I can see your point but we (the crew) won't change the rules for this event. I will take it into discussion for a next event. We already have had 2 weeks of discussing about the current rules before we published the event a few days ago. And if i would change it there would be alot of other comments to consider. I hope you can agree. :beerchug:

And yes we will be scanning :)

Now that i rethink it, the current time limit might be a real big problem. We did intend it to take several hours, and not just something that takes 1 or 2 hours.

I just held a quick discussion with part of the crew, and we came to agree that we will keep the current system as it is. If the duration of the event will take longer then 4 hours with the match schedule as we still hope to use, we will use a sort of dropout system, and possibly half the time limit. I will update the rule.

Keep those comments coming. It's not likely we will do something about it in this event, but we will always consider it for a next event. :wise:

We knew this was going to happen, but hoped it wouldn't happen this soon. Somehow im not suprised that MA decided to do this at this moment..

I guess we'll just have to move it, but we won't cancel the event. :wise:

NEWS REGARDING THE EVENT:
The initial plan was to organise this event in Deathifiers Mansion on Amethera. Unfortunatly Mindark released the latest update for us at the wrong moment.

This results in Amethera not being a PvP area anymore on the desired location.

To be able to allow as many people as possible to participate (also those not yet exploring Amethera) and as this is a TEST event, we have decided to move the event to one of the arena's on Eudoria. The exact location will be anounced here later as it will depend on the number of persons at the fighting site. It even is possible to move during the event in case of lag.

:wise: Future events will of course be organised at some nice setlement on Amethera...

Visit http://www.irken-invaders.net for more deatails and to register for the event...

ill participate, are there any requirements and equipment rules?

Thanks! That is the spirit we need! :D If you have friends/soc members that would like some fun, ask to join... The more participants: the more fun! :tongue2:

For further info: Please read the info on the site.

(A registration on the site/event will be needed to allow tracking and calculating the fight scheme.)
:handgun: :scared:

this sounds interesting...
So this is jester D-1 *only* no way to use the statistical equivelent to the d-1 the solomate outbacko? i dont have a d-1 but i do have an outbacko.

:wise: We will allow Jester D1 only. This to ease checking/verifying rules are followed.

However it is possible to rent jesters (decay compensated) from the organisation. (Buy at beginning of event, we promis buying back at same conditions after the event).

We don't have an unlimited number of them available however... So check if you can arrange one yourselves if possible from a friend/soc mate...

Post Mortem

I'm not much of a writer, let alot reporter, but here is a small report of the tournament :D

It was october 1st. Theike and I were getting ready to hold an event. We were still getting used to the fact other members of the crew canceled and were extra determined to do a good job. We also and decided to particpate as well. Within the hours before the event there was a silence that only a deaf man's ears knows. It might of been te fact the volume was at its lowest but I'm not sure. In the hour before the event all participants started to come together to participate in this grand event. The clock struck 21:00 and we should of started but like a student is ready for the unscheduled test, the participants and crew were not ready.

While time passed we started with the first match. Soon others came and watched as everyone battled to the death using only their always faithfull D1. Questions like "Is this an event?" or "Can we participate?" soon arose from bystanders. ( :wise: Makes you wonder why people don't check the forum's. ) Eventually lag got the best of us, and we decided to move the event to a site close to Treasure Island City. We left all bystanders in Zeus and continued the tournament.

Players never matched theirselves up against the others so at first there was a clear "testing" of each other going on. As the difference in skill between the players became more clear, we went from a "testing" period to the tactical period of the event. Also as some weaker players already noticed they had no chance and moral got the best of them, the better players were becoming more dertermine to win the tournament. The tension in the last few matches was noticeable.

The final and determining match was between Theike and me, strange enough. Just as we were going to start, 2 others came in time to watch the finals. They were the first we saw since we move out of the arena at Zeus. The match started and after a hard battle with alot of wasteless use of ammo I finally won :cowboy: , leaving Theike as 2nd with 3 others participants. It was a close call and certainly alot of luck.

All in all a pretty successfull event. As most might expect from the organising of a first event, there was alot of improvisation.

I would like to thank Theike and the other crew members, as well as the participants themselves for their help, support and cooperation during the event.

Back