1 Hour Interview at Interactive TV

Oman

Provider
Society
Q Entities
Yalin Trelan Oman
I was looking at mindark.com and saw this link to an interview with the Mindark executives. I am currently listening to it and it isn't that bad so far. The interviewer who knows nothing about the game it seems like but I like it is one of their PR pieces. Go check it out. Here is the link to the download page:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/itvt-tvoftomorrow
Hope you like it and when I finish listening I will post again if any new info though I doubt there will be.

EDIT:

Here is the show description the show uses.
Executives from Swedish company, Mindark, (Christian Bjorkman, Director of Special Projects, and Magnus Ericsson, Chief Development Manager) will discuss their Interactive Emmy win for "The Truth About Marika," an interactive TV drama that incorporated extensive Alternate Reality Gaming elements and a real economy. Entropia universe is 700,000 users. Host: Tracy Swedlow www.itvt.com

Last edited:
Nothing really that interesting in the interview. They did say that the Chinese planet was going to incorporate parts old China and new China into the new planet... I didn't know if that was mentioned before. It was interesting to hear the talk though. I hope some of you enjoy listening to it like I did.

Thanks for providing the link Oman + rep ;)

The Truth About Marika... was a complete failure that nobody watched, and the ingame story was a failure aswell, just another story that died out and we never got a resolution to. I cant understand how the heck that could get an emmy at all. :eyecrazy:

I cant understand how the heck that could get an emmy at all. :eyecrazy:

Because it showed how you can use the internet and tv to cooperate between the two :rolleyes:

Because it showed how you can use the internet and tv to cooperate between the two :rolleyes:

...and also that promotions can migrate from one screen to the other in an interesting way?

If I were an exec at MacD or Coca Cola that would really interest me as a way to set up storylines and promotions. Betas scratchcards doesn't it, getting people really involved with your company for a period of time during promotions?

The fact that it wasn't great for us doesn't mean that next time it's done it won't work much better.

Interesting interview, thx for posting :)

t

If I were an exec at MacD or Coca Cola that would really interest me as a way to set up storylines and promotions.

The new event in EU:
Storyline:
Some people find a wreck of a spaceship that has been shot down, there are a few bots around it. They kill the bots and loot them. One of the bots carries a small note which has co-ords in it, and also a card with the text "if found, please return to RDI building, Port Atlantis".
They go to the RDI building, where the avatar "Professor Miandarark" is stationed. He gives them a key, spacesuits and directions to go to the coords of the note. At the coords is a big teleportal. They put the spacesuits on and then goes through the portal and ends up on a planet (one of the moons of Calypso if it has any moons? :rolleyes:) filled with robots. They kill them all and then loot a few boxes from the robots spaceship. In there they find (in all boxes together): 2000 bottles of Coca-Cola (L) (the bottles look like sweatbottles with Coca-Cola lables on), and 1000 bottles of rum!
And so, finally, the bars of Calypso have their drinks arrived :D (although right now they can only serve rum/coke :laugh:)

Right? ;) :yay:

...and also that promotions can migrate from one screen to the other in an interesting way?

If I were an exec at MacD or Coca Cola that would really interest me as a way to set up storylines and promotions. Betas scratchcards doesn't it, getting people really involved with your company for a period of time during promotions?

The fact that it wasn't great for us doesn't mean that next time it's done it won't work much better.

Interesting interview, thx for posting :)

t

Ever heard of the matrix?

That is convergence media, participatory culture and collective inteligence. ok sure the swedish show was that aswell but it did suck majorly and the implementation into eu wasnt very good either... but then again it was a swedish production and well we all know how swedish tv and movies are like.. utter crap, except for a very few rare ones :p

lol amateur intverview of the year award goes to...

shockingly bad interview by the interviewer, and not too great answers by mindark lol

Scripted characters exist in the game.. are they referring to the bartenders?

havent you just copy pasted the link form another thread ;)

its a v bad interview tbh, interviewer hasnt got a clue what shes doing, and the answers are unclear and confusing to those who dont know.

havent you just copy pasted the link form another thread ;)

its a v bad interview tbh, interviewer hasnt got a clue what shes doing, and the answers are unclear and confusing to those who dont know.

hehehe, you know, I may have typo'd on my initial search ;)

Yes, she knows nothing, link to other thread please :)

lol :)

MA really didnt sell the universe on the interview.. it could have been handled so much better

Actually I think the scripted characters they were referring to are all the creatures in game. They didn't do the best job of explaining that though. I think they were under the assumption that she was gonna have some basic knowledge of the game and yet she had less then what people usually have when they first log into the game.

So far, from what I've seen, Entropia looks VERY promising! :)

Back