Info: 11.5.0 pics for our friends who can't log on, yet :)

Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer ♥
dang the work and real life things that keep us outta game! :duh:
well - here's some of the stuff you have to look forward to, when you log on ;)
  • Gungnir helicopter
I must say - it's a pretty cool lookin' way to get around town :cool:

• 'location information banners'

you will see one of these 'banners' pop-up, when you enter a Land Area / go to Teleporters. There are quite a few that are missing the banner and/or have a simple, stupid explanation. ie : "this is a city. this is a structure. this is an outpost."

As I scroll through the collection I find there's a few places - that have played an integral part of Calypso's growth; but have no information at all. ie : Zychion, Camp Phoenix ... not to mention, Port Atlantis. :rolleyes:
(I'm sure these will be available for sale soon enough. :duh: )

in perspective -

• larger text for damage dealt / received .. MISS!

I don't mind it, but I am currently playing on a 26' monitor .. lol. So, if I was a really small monitor, the large text might bother me - but for now, it's all good.

The MISS is kind of obnoxiously large .. but so is missing on a 10/10 .. so oh well.

damage_text_miss.jpg

damage_text_on_mob_and_me.jpg

• over the shoulder view :thumbup:

I love this one ! The last above picture is a good segway to the next feature. You can see my 'crosshair' is over my left shoulder, while I punish this bristlehog in 3rd person.

This feature will allow for much better pictures, as well; because we can do this :

shoulder_view_-_left.jpg

or this :
shoulder_view_-_right_pic.jpg

instead of 3rd person pictures always looking like this :
shoulder_view_-_middle.jpg
(search in your action book, for OTS and you can hotkey this action)

• /PoS
type /pos into any chat and you will see a clickable link.

waypoint.jpg

once someone clicks this link - they will have a spinning circle tacked onto their radar - leading them straight to you :evil:

• last but definitely not least .. a working dashboard hud for the vehicles!!

all I have to say is .. yay !

dash_hud_2.jpg

once I see the new stuff .. I'll put those in, too ! :)

additional information :

• new VTOL hud / look
see Fopsie's post for specifics.
new vtol inside :

new vtol outside :

new relative height display :

Last edited:
the VTOL has a sweet HUD with altitude, rise/descent speed and gyro also!

VTOL outside

VTOL HUD inside : bar on the left is speed (BTW MA think you want to check VTOL speed as its max display is ~10km below what it says in the speed description. Max I can get is 47km per hour with MK1 where its description states 57.6KM/h) Bar on right is vertical speed

VTOL relative height :) Ok this one is cool it takes the height your from the ground if you fly over a cliff the height meter drops

that's a badass lookin' hud :cool:
I've never seen what the hud was before - anyone have that; just so I can see the difference :ahh: ?
I'll add the new one - thanks, Fopsie :D

Cool stuff :yay: well except for the banners.............wtf

Cool stuff :yay: well except for the banners.............wtf

lol - they made me laugh the first couple times seeing "this is a structure." "this is a town."

Seriously though - I can't believe some of the most 'important' towns have no information on them. Even if some sentimental ones like Phoenix and Zychion didn't get an 'intro' .. I would think they'd have one for Port Atlantis. :laugh: I dunno.

I still have yet to see the new tank / boat ... :(

I found this totally cool .. but I'm biased because he's a good friend :D

mega_camp_2.jpg

The vehicle stuff is pretty neat as far as changes go. The Vtol hud is great to have specially the altimeter and the bubble is great now for sight to dodge trees during take off from forrests.

The banners need to go tho TPs are slow enough as it is. Stand outside a tp and frame rate is stable at 40 fps..step inside it drops to 5. Not to mention that when you die it takes yet more time to revive.

Oh and that login picture to show loading process that takes near 30 seconds or more before it lets you in game MUST go. Its not too bad except when mobs have spawned where you logged out where there were none and they get to chew on you the entire time you have to stare at a picture with an annimated bar sucking up time to get fully in the game.

Stop wasting time on things showing us lag.. we know we lag at certain times..Work on fixing the lag issues not adding more useless shit to create even more.

You rock!!! :wtg:

I'm heading home to play EU :)

Back