Question: Who's going to be the first guinea pig?

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
I bought my first lesser TP chip and Aa implant, and the inserter tool, last week because I am quite sure that TP chips will skyrocket in price once they are implemented again. Incidentally, the implant can't currently be inserted.

So the question is: Who's going to be the brave soul that braves the inevitable bugs and first uses a TP chip in 10.1? Given all the bugs that were introduced to fixed-point teleportation in 10.0 and still aren't fixed, that is. (Such as arriving below the terrain for example.)

While on the subject; how do these things actually work in practice? Do you have to input coordinates, point the desired target point out on a map, what? And what if the target is beyond the range of the chip - do you go as far as possible in the right direction, or simply not go anywhere at all?

I'm sure everyone who owns a TP chip will use it as soon as they can.

As for the operation, you have to insert the implant, then you use the TP chip like any other item. Equip it then use it. Once you do, a screen very similar to when you use a fixed teleporter will show. It will have a light circle on a darkened map that is the range of your tp chip. Click anywhere on that circle, then click the TP button, just like with a fixed teleporter. Then... watch the animation and presto, you've arrive.

Be warned, that with low skills, the accuracy of a TP chip is poor. You will not land where you want to at first.

Have fun in 10.1!!!

Mandu

hmm as soon as they work again i will put mine back in.

I think not having them has seperated people in the game. Ill go hunt and be far way from TP and when usually i would have TPd back to some place to chat a bit wiht people, now i just stay at some outpost far away from tp because it is just to much work to get there :(

um..how do they work..
you put the implant into your head wiht the implant inserter....then you activate the chip...and it powers up...hands go wee wooo weeee woooooooooo.....and then when they are done you press chip again...map comes up...select location in your range....then click button....and tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I bought my first lesser TP chip and Aa implant, and the inserter tool, last week...

Don't forget to buy some Mind Essence this week, your chips won't work without it.

That will increase in price, I expect, as there will be a shortage of sweat...

;)

Haha, I can see it now, people eagerly firing up their TP chips, just to be launched all over the place, impaled on trees, into the belly of an araneatrox, or flung out into orbit :D

I can't wait to test wormholes and see where everyone ends up :laugh: (assuming these are also implemented ofc)

Haha, I can see it now, people eagerly firing up their TP chips, just to be launched all over the place, impaled on trees, into the belly of an araneatrox, or flung out into orbit :D

Sounds like fun to me! :cool:

Reactions: Aly
Don't forget to buy some Mind Essence this week, your chips won't work without it.

That will increase in price, I expect, as there will be a shortage of sweat...

;)

Well, I did a little forward planning - I had 1k sweat left lying around, so I bought 1k of nexus to go with it.

May I assume that the inserter tool is only needed once and you can sell it back to the TT?

By the way, is the implant single slot or more than one?

May I assume that the inserter tool is only needed once and you can sell it back to the TT?

Yes, the inserter is only needed once per implant/skill chip. Once you are done with it, feed it back to the TT unless you think you need to carry it for some reason.

By the way, is the implant single slot or more than one?

There's 2 or 3 slots, but for the MF chips iirc you only have one inserted at a time.

You could have an ESI in one slot and an MF chip in another...

MF is a bit half-finished imo, MA had big plans for MF but never got around to implementing them. I seem to recall Marco saying 'the future is Mind Force...' or similar, but it never happened, at least not as yet.

Once the implant is in your head you only need to select the chip you want to use then it's automatically inserted, so no need for any tools.

Have fun

:)

I am quite sure that TP chips will skyrocket in price once they are implemented again.

I am quite sure they wil not :)

Grats on buying one though, once you start to use it you will wonder how you ever lived without it, and perhaps you'll know how the rest of us feel now that we have been deprived of them :D

i just want to get my implant back in when mf is active, i finished version 9.4 with the implant inserted,so avatars who had them, should have them as they were. dont want to waste 1 pec even reimplanting it.
Screw up, i bet everyone will have to reinsert'em, a few more pecs in thousands of avatars, imagine the little rise up on decay going to MA pockets.... more money flowing into theyr direction... :rolleyes:

ME will be available in the trade terminal as of 10.1 only costing
10ME for 1ped :laugh:

A few juicy SGA MF chips and implants would be kind of cool. A chip that allowed us to hunt or heal properly and really skill up for example.

A bet a wormhole will be pretty at night ....a resurrection chip ditto.

We should have a mass TP and light an area up one night ..a couple of dozen people vanishing in a steak of fire looked pretty cool at the start of WOF events, it would look way better with CE2 methinks.

I wonder if res chips or higher end implants will actually drop during SGA at all?
The Mod Mercs of Mf really aren't they?

If you are missing MF and TP chips etc. spare a thought for Dan Petrov, imagine how he must feel with his uber skills :(

t

Woot am I gonna have fun with my FS chip at night :yay:

Another question occurs to me. What's the decay like on TP chips? The one I bought is at about 25% IIRC. Am I going to run out of chip before running out of my 1k ME? :scratch2:

Lesser TP chip decays about 2pec per use. So your 1k ME will use up about 2.2ped tt on the chip.

Yes, the inserter is only needed once per implant/skill chip. Once you are done with it, feed it back to the TT unless you think you need to carry it for some reason.

But before you do, remember that your implant is also subject to decay so you will eventually need the inserter again to remove the implant to repair it. You may want to hang on to it. This assumes ofc that implants will work in the same way as VU9 and do not go "L" - (lets hope the rot doesn't go quite that far).

But before you do, remember that your implant is also subject to decay so you will eventually need the inserter again to remove the implant to repair it.

This used to be the case a while back, but it was changed so you could drag the inserted implant into the repair terminal. Very odd I know, MA actually saving us decay not creating it! I expect it will remain so you only need the insereter to change implants, not repair them.

According to Marco, in VU10.1 you can use tp chips without having the implant inserted (same for skill chips in/out).

The way it used to work (and maybe will again at some point) is that once you have the implant inserted, any mindforce chip in your inventory can be used (as long as your implant can handle it). So the tp chip doesn't have to be "inserted" or take up a slot in the implant. You can move it in and out of inventory as you like, and can have 10 different chips in inventory and use them at will.

I'm going to guess that for 10.1 there won't be any special animation to go along with tp chip use. You will simply change locations as when using a teleporter.

I second the motion for sga chips! But make them only lootable when using MF for the kill :) Ofc that assumes MF becomes active during SGA, which may be unlikely. Perhaps they could allow a temporary use of attack chips just as you would use a gun? Seem to be lots of temporary fixes being put into place anyway.

Firestorm

Woot am I gonna have fun with my FS chip at night :yay:

That'll be me as soon as possible too. FS will look amazing and there's not too many in game. It'll be good again to skill pyro. But I guess that won't be available for a while yet.

As far as MF TP goes, the first second I'm logged in I'll start the MF Magic. The TP chip is the best buy ingame. Once you've got it you won't look back.

Any word about MF implants? I know I don't need one to use my TP chip anymore... are they useless now?

NVM I found the answer in another thread: Implants will be reimplemented at a later date.

Last edited:
Back