Question: 2 Identical Armours?

2 Identical Armours?

• Total voters

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
It's been brought to my attention today that there are 2 identical looking armours in Entropedia.info. They are Ghoul & Gnome :eek:. Here are the appropriate links so you can see for yourselfs :D.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Ghoul
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Gnome

I'll turn this into a poll for u2 & make it more interactive ;)

Plus any comments are welcome thou must be relevant to the OP.

Sry in advance if this has been covered somewhere else as I didn't search for it thou I don't think anyone has spotted it & posted about it. If so then please close & remove this thread thx. :)

Last edited:
Why do you think so many ppl use Gnome? lol
They can claim its a Ghoul till someone with a scanner showup. :D

Why do you think so many ppl use Gnome? lol
They can claim its a Ghoul till someone with a scanner showup. :D

:rofl: yes that did cross my mind...but a bit silly :laugh:. I can see it now. "oh yh I just bought Ghoul". "Really?". "yeah man it rocks". "Ok then let me scan you so I can see if its any gd :)". *Guy Tp's out* :wtg:. :laugh: classic man.

Edit: very interesting poll results so far ^^

Trading gnome for ghoul @ storage!

Seriously though, gnome is good for its own purposes. A very good low level armor with more protection than pixie and higher durability. Even better when you add plates as you move up the mob ladder.

I have always thought it was interesting that they were similar looking though. First time I saw ghoul I didn't understand why a much better hunter than me was using armor that I felt I had already outgrown :p

narfi

Trading gnome for ghoul @ storage!

Seriously though, gnome is good for its own purposes. A very good low level armor with more protection than pixie and higher durability. Even better when you add plates as you move up the mob ladder.

I have always thought it was interesting that they were similar looking though. First time I saw ghoul I didn't understand why a much better hunter than me was using armor that I felt I had already outgrown :p

narfi

lmao man u guys crack me up +rep :). Yeah I mean I've seen a few ppl use what looked like Gnome to me but as I didnt scam them it might of been Ghoul. There are Ghoul's at swamp camp?! :eek: run away :D.

Everybody seems to be answering with the 3rd option but could u explain why its not a mistake, as I'm really puzzled by this. I mean every armour is meant to be different and unique in stats & in appearance. Expect these two sets & I want someone to explain why that is pls.

It was easier for MA to do a "copy & paste then to think of another color scheme :rolleyes:

That one always bothered me when I had Ghoul..

edit.. BTW you won't get an official explanation..

Even though it was the same before the armors were redesigned, I voted option 2 as this was the closest to my thought that they could have changed it but couldn't be bothered.

MA just ran out of ideas for color combos but felt the need for more armors ingame.

similar case:

while spectre infact looks a little brighter, it's 99% the same look imo.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Search.aspx?searchtext=spectre&type=search
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Pixie

just waiting for a low lvl armor that fakes shadow...

It's a gd thing u noticed the difference, but with Ghoul & Gnome I just cudnt, unless the pic in entropedia is wrong. I knew about them yellow armours in fact yellow is the most used armour imo. Pioneer, Valiant, Expedition, Zombie, also Goblin & Knight could pose off as being yellow, so yellow gets used a lot. As for fake shadow...dnt Vampire, Vindicator count? Or maybe Tiger :D seems close enough. http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Tiger

Vindicator and Tiger are two of the most stunningly beautiful armors in-game! Shame they're both obscenely expensive!

(Especially Vindicator, for the damage it protects, its by far over-priced - mind you its costs a lot to craft (manganite ore needed?))

Melon

Trooper is identical to Vigilante too. ;)

Trooper is identical to Vigilante too. ;)

Similar but not identical :)

I think Ghoul and Gnome are the only two armours that look exactly alike (other than variations like L, SGA etc).

ghoul and gnome were same colours before CE2 update.
I noticed they were same colour when I first got my ghoul.
Found it useful to make may armor match when I was in town for the ghoul parts I lacked I think I only have a mask and harness in gnome as I did that before they introduced feet.
I too thought it was weird though, first though when seeing lots of people in gnome was that "gee I didnt know that much ghoul was made" until I broke out the scanner that is.

Other than a scanner the other way to tell is to bring them on a hunt for something that ghoul protects well and note how often they die or have to fap.

Vote for EFD!

"It is not a mistake too begin with so why is this poll even up?"

errr, I mean I have no idea

Back