Question: 2 questions about bitorrent dna

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
1. Why was the latest patch not released thru the dna method? The auto-updater doesn't work for some people. I thought MA was going to adopt the dna method as a standard alternative.

2. When I boot my pc this morning, I get a message from windows firewall that the dna client is trying to access the internet. Why? I have misgivings about software that purports to do one thing, but is apparently hanging around doing god-knows-what now. I didn't knowingly give it permission to live forever on my pc and perform unauthorized tasks that are hidden from me.

I have some bad news for you Phil.

(This patch does give you the option of via client or dna download)

and neither work.

Worked just fine for me.

Looks like I'm going to have to stop seeding Dante's torrent and trying to download it from somewhere then.

DNA is EVIL

don't let dna (what a futile name) to activate on ur comp - it's a spying tool undercover, it will install itself on runonce and auto startup and connect to net for god-knows-what purpose; my guess is, the big brother just needs statistical data how many "suckers" use comps and for what;

the only real technology is an independent torrent client like azureus and using random trackers to receive ip lists from where to download file parts! i try to raise ppl awareness for computer and internet technologies - read yourself more, educate urselfes or the control freaks will try to use you!!!

BitTorrent DNA = µTorrent (just label change)

I found this thread ~ that BitTorrent DNA program,
seems there's something hidden not well enough :coffee:

Shoot me, but I'm not going to use this crap, ever..
Wtf BitTorrent clients with closed code is for..? :twocents:

Exactly

"Wtf BitTorrent clients with closed code is for..?"

EXACTLY for spying and data mining !!!

So if I understand the information in those articles about btdna, once you use it, you become a seed for the torrent and give it some of your bandwidth, whether you want to or not?
No thanks. MA, where do I send the bill for my bandwidth usage? I charge a lot for it.

Back