2008 WoF Jackets

Should 2008 WoF jackets carry the flag of their victors?

• Hell yeah makes perfect sense to me.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • Nah just let MA make up their own design as they have.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Ummn i dunno i'm one of those undecided types.

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Jamhot

Elite
Pinky! Where are the plans for our return to Entro
Society
Freelancer
Jamhot 'Jamhot' Daddy'O'
Just a thought but maybe the winnings team WoF Jackets for 2008 should have the winning teams national flag on jacket!

It will set them apart from 2007's and every year after.

Just a thought what do you think?

All the best

Jamhot

I'm not even certain MA will give out jackets this time.

Absolutely! Would be v. cool :)

If that is the prize then yes, why not.

Id say the Wof logo on the front right or left part of the breast.

And the flag/Year on the back!

As has been said, but I'd like to say it "officially", MindArk have made no mention or promise of any prize for WoF '08. They gave us jackets last year, they are aware of the Tournament and quite happy about it as far as I can see.... but it's a little early (or presumptuous) to be asking for stuff I reckon:)

Hurrikane

i think it would be very cool both if MA did give jackets and if said jackets were of the same design as last years. i would also think it was very cool if they had the winning teams flag on them maybe on the right shoulder/sleeve.

only one question what if one of the teams without a flag wins aka team eudoria or amth?

only one question what if one of the teams without a flag wins aka team eudoria or amth?
I think someone actually came up with designs for Eudoria and Amethera flags during the last competition.

Just a thought but maybe the winnings team WoF Jackets for 2008 should have the winning teams national flag on jacket!

It will set them apart from 2007's and every year after.

Just a thought what do you think?

All the best

Jamhot
Absolutely!

And while I'm here, let me re-propose last year's mock-up ;)
WoF-Jacket.jpg

Originally posted here...

Maybe with the WoF 2008 logo...

Team Jackets....

Why not give all the participants in individual teams non tradable Jackets ... just for the run of WoF ..... that 'dissappear' after the final.

i just hope that they will not give the same jackets as last year :)

Well done Jamhot for the idea being raised! :)

I will take my jacket in an XXXL size thanks....oh and big pockets for all the converted PED! :D

Bags

Assuming MindArk does provide jackets as prizes like last year, I think they should be customized to the year and country.
It would also be really cool to have a trophy on display somewhere with the winner's names inscribed every year, similar to the Stanley Cup for the NHL. Or maybe replace a statue in one of the cities and put a legible plaque.

I agree our home flags should be used if any clothing is given out for prizes in the next WOF. This years WOF is gonna be insane, i can't wait! Thx for thread Jamhot, it is a good point to make.

For ALL the tons of REAL money we deposit into EU....well....Mindark SHOULD realize and give customized, nice and not-tradable jackets to winners! ;)
with country flag, year of competition and a logo remembering the WoF... :)

give customized, nice and not-tradable jackets to winners! ;)

i think this is an intersting suggestion. since MA is reluctant to give away things with value and since the jackets have attributed a value (real or not, it is recorded), MA might be more willing to continue giving jackets. however, the value is in markup and is only speculative at best, so they are not out anything by giving away normal, tradable jacket.

Assuming MindArk does provide jackets as prizes like last year, I think they should be customized to the year and country.
It would also be really cool to have a trophy on display somewhere with the winner's names inscribed every year, similar to the Stanley Cup for the NHL. Or maybe replace a statue in one of the cities and put a legible plaque.

maybe trophys at the malls, in the center of each floor, the big empty display area :D

(while we are dreaming here) real life mock ups of these supposed jackets sent out to the winners as well... :p

and yes, I agree with the flag on the sleeve idea...

Last edited:
Flags? we don't need no steenking flags! :p

Eron²;1043829 said:

Eudoria have a flag (unofficially ofc) this is the one we used last year (got to love the red, gold and green of Eudoria :D)

Eudoriaemail.jpg

And I presume that Amethera are still using this one that they used last year.

Ametheria2.jpg

With regards to flags on Jackets etc my preference would be to have them the same as last years but with the year underneath (or above) the WoF Cup logo on the back and the flags on the arms. This will then make each years WoF winning Jacket more unique and would differentiate between WoF winners. Say for example a team wins it more than once they will just have a duplicate jacket. But ofc, there has been no mention of such things being presented this year. It would be nice if they did though :) (ahem... and make a trophy :whistle: ....It could be put on display somewhere with the winning teams name beneath it)

Last edited:
Pfft.. Jacket shmacket.. I don't really care if MA puts a Tibet flag on my 'WoF Winner's Edition Mod Merc' or not.. but thats just me. :D

I agree, but that would make it White and Red of course ;)

Jacket with WOF sign, Year of WOF and the flag of the country. Also make these jackets not tradeable like it was said. The TT of jacket could be 1 ped.

I think that MA can spare a little time and 12 Peds, to make this happen. This way they can show us that they care about us. :)

Back