• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
Dear friends
I'm interested to see your opinion to this question!
After one year in EU 50K of skilling are:
low?
ok?
good?
high?
or
extremely high?

sorry have to update: these are from hunting 85% - mining 10% - crafting 5%
also about 90% of the whole skilling are from weekends and holidays mostly

hope to see many answers so I could get a good solid answer :yup:

Last edited:
it also depends on your play style,

if you deposit heavily and play ALOT and progress as much as you can and fight things are your level/weapon level, then 50k can be done in prolly a week or so.. at this level you could prolly get 150k skills if not more in 1 year, this also includes diversifying your ped, meaning u also craft some, and mine some or vise versa.

however if your a limited, lets say 200ped a month player, 50k still may be reachable in a couple months if you can retain enough ped for low play style gaming. it would depend on how active you are and how well you can be "eco" or your returns ect... 50k is technically very easy to achieve.

100k is technically very easy to achieve... it all depends on your play style and amount of ped able to be used/deposited.

so in short, I would say 50k is "ok?"

however if your a sweater, that only plays using that or whatnot, 50k is a heavily devoted person and 50k I see would be "extremely high"

Posts like the one Dennis did are annoying because they cover all the factors and you are left with nothing to contribute :p

Basically its a matter of budget, but don't forget that skills don't necessarily equal success...

I voted mediocre, I tried going back to figure out what I had done, and closest I could find hinted at 100K+ after 1.5 years. My first 6 months were non depo though, and some of my deposit time during that was during the 3x skilling event.

I really dont know the normal 'skilling speed' for new players these days, but really, I dont think it matters.
What matters is, "Are you having fun?" and "Are you staying within your budget?"

If you can answer yes to both of those, then you are doing it just right :)

narfi

I do not want to influence your vote, but
because it happen to know that
from 100% of this year in the game,
The 20% it’s study, 20% it’s writing that has to do with it, 20% it’s to help others, enjoy good company and exploring places and only 20% is .....skilling!!!
I will vote GOOD :)

PS I see some well respected persons from me, already voted :bowdown:

updated
...NO Dennis I don't skilling like crazy :) I don't like to do things aggressively and in rush.
Those I met and did that r no longer in EU. I'm here to stay for long as EU exist.
Thank you all for your interest and voting
keep it up

Last edited:
I voted good, 50k in a year is a respectable amount playtime.

And considering the spit, looks like most of it was hunting.

...would be a different story if you had all skills fairly even, as the first couple k are the easiest to obtain.

Also might depend on if you started the year with 150k....50k gain would be like 100k from 0. But looks like you are fairly new forum account at least. GJ

I voted good, because if you feel like your accomplishing something you are. The wonderful thing about this game, making your own goals and then achieving them. Skills can be purchased in an instant, skills are used as keys to things you can do, skills are not a goal usually in themselves for me (but can be for you!, thats whats fun about EU)

BTW I have been playing for ages, I am a sweater and I have just under 100k skills. they just keep going up, I don't really play any different. Usually choosing to play far below my "level" Though I have done my share of grinding missions this year just because I had some ped built up.

Low. Coz i got lvl 50 pistoler and 100k total skill on my 1 year in eu :)

I voted mediocre.

I remeber my first year it was from April - December i got up 90k in skills.
But i remember a avatar who started his avatarar month Before mine and he was at almost 500k in 3 - 4 months but he did buy all the skills.

Last edited:
I had ~90k and level ~43 top prof and certainly wasn't a hardcore skiller for most of the time. Also, no mission rewards. But anyway you're asking the wrong question. If you really want to compare the amount of skillgain you have to use skill volume (tt equivalent), not levels. Levels are progressively more and more difficult as they increase in each skill, so if you just focus on one profession you'll have much lower overall total levels after one year, even though the total volume (tt) will be similar to others who pursue many professions.

Question needs to be asked better because just using a period of 1 year is too limiting, more information needs to be provided.

1 year of 2 hours per weekend? Then its high..
1 year of 8 hours a day? Then its low..
Bought all the skills? Then cheating (tongue in cheek)
Lots more that some people have already brought up also etc..

Question needs to be asked better because just using a period of 1 year is too limiting, more information needs to be provided.

1 year of 2 hours per weekend? Then its high..
1 year of 8 hours a day? Then its low..
Bought all the skills? Then cheating (tongue in cheek)
Lots more that some people have already brought up also etc..

I think the period of time I spend is already mentioned from me, as also ratio of my activities in game.
but one year, it is one year anyhow.
Ofcourse I mean skilling by playing not by chipping
Maybe I spend a lot of money to nice things but I don't like "cheating" :)
By the way, I just started to do skilling in space, so I didn't benefit the "zero" repair exploit at all.

Seem there are a lot of interest and votes
much appreciated all

Last edited:
Back