Info: ~90% average tt return?

Kuantrz

Alpha
Society
GΌĐş Ό₣ ŴαЯ™
Barda Kuantrz Wenson
Just thought it would be fun to add all my logged mining in one excel document to calc my average tt return for most of my mining. Tracked almost all the mining I have done in the last ~8-10 months and have not mined much before that.

TT value spent (probes, amp decay and finder decay): 41040 ped
TT value ores/enmattes/treasures: 33233 ped
Average tt return: 80,95%

Equipment:
Finder: F-105/Tk220 mostly (used F-105 unmaxed when I started and also had a terrafinder for a while before I maxed tk-220)
Amps: alot of unamped, lost of lvl 2s and a few lvl 5s
Excavator: caly tt, ark tt and demonic

Also used LBML to not overlap drops.

Guess about 4-5kped was dropped unamped in FOMA/HELL so mostly planetary mining.

Not sure what Im doing wrong or is the average this bad? Or am I just missing my tower? :D

/Kuantrz

90% return.

in the long run...

...and that run my friend, would take longer than getting to pluto by foot.

Yea seams so.. thought 25-30k drop would come a bit closer :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

If you exclude foma and hell, what is your TT return?

now translate into $/h and you can see whether you are happy with the result :)

look at these results (click!), amped level 5

first half - 90% return, many globals, 2x 800ped hof (still missing 2 of these)
second half - 80% return, less globals, nothing above 500 (missing 4x 800ped hofs)

Also probably missing some 2500ped hof. With all that missing value i would be at 90%. Maybe after next 50k bombs it will balance out, but now I don't have heart to go amped, so i don't mine at all.

-----------------

And about FOMA/HELL mining. You can denominate values to ground levels if u take it like this:
100 unamped bombs @FOMA = 16 bombs x 6,25ped planetside.
Then I always denominate my results from various amps to unamped or lvl5 as I use them most of the time.

There is no "90% returns" :p
I'm happy to have as high as 85% returns after 170k peds in TT spent vs. TT earned, doesn't get me into a breakeven but still losing a helluva lot less than in hunting or crafting.

Are you calculating your amps also as TT when doing TT return? The MU eats you slowly :rolleyes:

The magical 90% return should work if you do everything eco as possible, never drop probes so that they overlap eachother etc ~

the problem is, it should be at least 90% TT return.

Hiya, you might take in to consideration your variance of amps and unamped, ie. you might of have hitted a 200 pedder unamped after a long streak of using lvl 5's wich would with multiplier be alot more (pushing you closer to 90% tt return).

There is no "90% returns" :p
I'm happy to have as high as 85% returns after 170k peds in TT spent vs. TT earned, doesn't get me into a breakeven but still losing a helluva lot less than in hunting or crafting.

Dont listen to cail :whiner: :)

41k is nothing with amps.

Edit : and forgot hell/foma.

Yea seams so.. thought 25-30k drop would come a bit closer :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Not rele - dropped 1050 lvl 8 amps (way over 40k drops) with 1 1k pedder and having extremly low % eturn...not even 80%
so keep going

Are you calculating your amps also as TT when doing TT return? The MU eats you slowly :rolleyes:

Only adding the tt used.

The magical 90% return should work if you do everything eco as possible, never drop probes so that they overlap eachother etc ~
Using LBML and never overlap

Barda Kuantrz Wenson found a deposit (Acid Root) with a value of 983 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Better times coming? :D

other thing you forgot is TAX avg around 4-5% tax. you go in those areas alot?

and usually takes me to see a 90% over all tt in the 200-300k ped cycled

Mostly untaxed areas :) down at 83% again bevause of a few rly bad runs. Il keep tracking and see wvere I end up :)

other thing you forgot is TAX avg around 4-5% tax. you go in those areas alot?

and usually takes me to see a 90% over all tt in the 200-300k ped cycled

But then you have a bigger cost/drop? :p

i am only dropping level 5
either way it takes alot of hours and work to reach top height of gains

the most i ever dropped in 1 week was 67k ped tt
and i came out 92% tt
back

90% tt is, has and always will be... an assumption.
I've seen a handful of people show stats reflecting minimum 90% and I've seen a handful of people show stats reflecting less (or more in some cases) than 90%.
What that tells me, is it's dynamic(!) and it's the choices we make as individuals, that effect our outcome.

If you're losing PED mining, then you're using the wrong gear for the wrong resource in the wrong area. Rather than posting on forums and getting a heap of replies from people who don't profit mining, find some experienced miners in-game and talk to them privately. You'll learn a lot more.
eg: I used to run around with just one finder, wondering why I couldn't sustain a profit...
:rolleyes:

90%? I call bs, 90% of what exactly? EXACTLY!

ps: yes I profit mining when I try, but I don't enjoy it (run, click, run, click) so when I mine I usually amp up as big as possible and chase HoF's, usually on FOMA, I certainly don't try to profit (outside of hitting a jackpot). If I was to aim at profiting in mining with an eye for maintaining a full-time mining career, I'd kill myself, what a boring way to spend my game time. Plus profit is better in real life lol.... which brings me to a question that has been playing on my mind lately; if I'm not playing to profit, why am I playing this game at all? Certainly not for it's ground-breaking immersion and technology lol

Last edited:
ps: yes I profit mining when I try, but I don't enjoy it (run, click, run, click) so when I mine I usually amp up as big as possible and chase HoF's, usually on FOMA, I certainly don't try to profit (outside of hitting a jackpot). If I was to aim at profiting in mining with an eye for maintaining a full-time mining career, I'd kill myself, what a boring way to spend my game time. Plus profit is better in real life lol.... which brings me to a question that has been playing on my mind lately; if I'm not playing to profit, why am I playing this game at all? Certainly not for it's ground-breaking immersion and technology lol

Cause profit can be fun. Some people enjoy the challenge of getting a profit out of a game which is hard to profit in. Not necessarily making a living from playing EU.

Cause profit can be fun. Some people enjoy the challenge of getting a profit out of a game which is hard to profit in. Not necessarily making a living from playing EU.

If the enjoyable aspect is profiting at something that is hard to profit at, perhaps introducing those "some people" to BUSINESS would be a more positive impact on their life, rather than introducing them to EU. That way both the "enjoyable" factor and the "make a profit" factor are catered to, AND they can make a living out of it.

Sorry for going off-topic, I think I'm just realising EU isn't enjoyable anymore, for me. And real life is infinitely more profitable (and fun).

Back on-topic;
Things have changed drastically in mining over the last few months, so now is the perfect time to invest some PED in figuring out a new way of being profitable. Find new veins, new Ruga spots, etc...
Certainly, I've had to change my daily mining runs, Shinook ain't what she used to be lol

Back