A complex sweating poll

Constantine

Provider
Society
Kentucky Headhunters
Constantine Drake
I realize that sweatprice threads have been beat to death, but this is less about sweatprices, but more about people's attitudes to prices in general based on:

So, if you don't mind indulging me, please post with the following:

* Country you are from (if you live somewhere else, but consider your country of birth home, then feel free to list country of birth :)
* How long you've been playing EU
* What you think a fair sweat price is, using the current market price as a baseline
* Do you buy or sell sweat? (or both)

I'll start off:
* USA
* 1.5 months
* .6-.7, depending on volume, patience, and your ability to find a good deal
* Mostly sell

Note: This little post came to me because I logged on during the afternoon (US Eastern Time), and ran across some people claiming that buying for less than .7 is theft. They were Belgians (just as a frame of reference), which was interesting to me. I play mostly at night (my time), and don't people quite so vehement about sweat prices - so I got curious.

*USA
*6 Months
*I just go to PA and offer .01 - .1 higher than the current sweat buyer. I don't have time nor the patience to spend hours to buy sweat at a cheaper price, so I offer above the current buyer. If no one sells, I keep upping my price. Eventually I will get a bunch running over to me to sell.
*Buy

6 Months ago you were called a scammer if you were trying to buy under 1.0. In my experience the people trying to control sweat prices eventually realize it won't work and quit. :)

*USA
*6 Months
*I just go to PA and offer .01 - .1 higher than the current sweat buyer. I don't have time nor the patience to spend hours to buy sweat at a cheaper price, so I offer above the current buyer. If no one sells, I keep upping my price. Eventually I will get a bunch running over to me to sell.
*Buy

6 Months ago you were called a scammer if you were trying to buy under 1.0. In my experience the people trying to control sweat prices eventually realize it won't work and quit. :)

same stats, same opinion.

lol that was nice.

*Romania
*30 Months
*dont know but lets say atm 0.65
*i dont sell or buy maybe some ME but no sweat :)

* USA
* 1 week
* .5-.8, depending on who is buying and selling and the amount. I personally would prefer a .8-1.0 market though
* Currently Gather/Sell, although once I get a good amount of money I'll start Buying to sell for profit

* Norway
* 2 Years
* .6-.7
* I mostly sell, but when I get my deposit I plan to save it and make ME :)

* canada.
* almost four years.
* 0.1 pec/bottle.
* I have never sold any sweat (I have almost 500 in SG skill). I never buy sweat from vendors. I, sometimes, will trade with a disciple (this is more of an achievement thing for the disciple - usually to earn a gift).

*England
*1 Year (...Time has really passed...)
*Sell if its 0.7 or above, (but mainly for my TP chip) but I dont buy, I quite enjoy sweating as I dont do it much, Ill spend 20 mins doing it then go hunting-At the end of the week ill have a few K bottles of sweat :D

*germany
*25months
*0.5 pec a bottle
*neighter nor regularly. sweating for own usage, sometimes sell if some friendly guy wants some, sometimes buy to help some friendly one

What is point?

Why? when it is not actually a poll .. what are you going with answers?
The price driven by the market ;)

* Denmark
* 2.5 years
* "Fair" is whatever the sweaters succesfully can make buyers pay. Noone is forced to buy it, and noone is forces to gather it, so the market price is fair whatever it is, imo. If something happens so the price goes up, more sweat will be gathered since it's more profitable, and less will be used due to the higher cost. Eventually the price would stabilize on a new "fair" level.
* Buy

Sweden
2 years
Whatever people are willing to pay for it.

Sweden
14 months

Current price is pretty good i think. Supply and demand ;)
Seriously, no sweat cap = lower sweat prices --> Lower ME cost :yay::cool:

Back