A couple of months before the launch Next Island CEO starts researching the potential market for his investment

Good find.
Bad viral PR attempt?
:D

A couple of months? Looks like that was posted may 2009 the Launch date is Dec 15 for open beta and Hard Launch around March 2010 so that is more like 10 months or so til the actual hard launch.

I just pre-recorded an interview with David Post Monday Night and I will be releasing That Interview this weekend.

A couple of months? Looks like that was posted may 2009 the Launch date is Dec 15 for open beta and Hard Launch around March 2010 so that is more like 10 months or so til the actual hard launch.

December 15th = in 1 month
March = in 4 months
september 2010 = in 10 months

Think they might be on time here :silly2:

I still say it feels like we will see the first virtual worlds in late 2009/early 2010 sometime (early 2010 being jan-march or so...)

Trust me when i say December 15, 2009

i wonder if he realises how small a percentage of them can actually be online at any one time :p

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/169922-wastelander-event-postponed.html

that depends on the server and that doesn't have to be the amount of players why they ran into server problems. It could be thousands of other errors. Your PC doesn't crash because you have 50 people using it at once, it crashes because of possibly a hardware failure or software failure or a process which suddenly out of the blue uses up a whole lot of cpu and RAM causing a crash.

Either way. It's always good to find out what your market might be after you make a large investment.

Thanks for the information. Right, the post is from May 2009. Sure saying "a couple of month" might be inadequate when dealing with 10 months but I didn't have the information when I posted.

On the other hand David seemed to believe to launch in September 2009 when he posted "Launch of 3D virtual world Next Island 'bout 90 days away" in June 2009 (reference: http://twitter.com/nextislanddavid).

And initially he even planned to be ready in 2008 (reference: Nextpert to launch a virtual world for Newbies).

He was looking for employees in 2007 (reference: New Job Listings from Samsung, Makena, Sony, Areae, Nextpert).

And http://whois.org/whois/nextisland.com...

What I actually was wondering:
Either way. It's always good to find out what your market might be after you make a large investment.

Quite irritating to read that specific questions asked by that specific person at that specific time... ;)

I just pre-recorded an interview with David Post Monday Night and I will be releasing That Interview this weekend.

Is interview released yet ?:)

Good find.
Bad viral PR attempt?
:D

IIt's not a pr attempt. Many developers use forums to get information they need and don't always post.

Nextisland being so close to launch good idea for them to gauge the market...

Back