A few quick questions about space combat.

Lancaster

Young
Hey there, been doing a bit more testing and got in a few fights, but I have some questions behind the mechanics.

1. Do you need to lead a target? Or is the hit almost guaranteed if you can start the shot when the target is in the crosshairs?

2. What skills affect combat? Laser damage, miss chance, SI?

3. Any tips or suggestions when in a dogfight?

If you have some skill dogfighting, I'd love to chat some.

Last edited:
Hey there, been doing a bit more testing and got in a few fights, but I have some questions behind the mechanics.

1. Do you need to lead a target? Or is the hit almost guaranteed if you can start the shot when the target is in the crosshairs?

2. What skills affect combat? Laser damage, miss chance, SI?

3. Any tips or suggestions when in a dogfight?

If you have some skill dogfighting, I'd love to chat some.

1: When targets name pops up you shoot.
2: SI, although only the bigger ships can be upgraded
3: See them first, do not miss. If your against one of the well known pirates, just sit there, not worth wasting the time as you will not hit them.

The more time spent dodging attacks from other pilots, the less time you spend hitting them. You may live longer, and cost them a bit more in ammo, but you will still go down in flames almost every time. Practice aiming while using your movement controls. Best advice I can give you.

Skills used for hit and crit are based on the weapon you use. You can view them on the weapon itself (i.e. Kismet).

Actually is good for rl skills to fight width pirate.

Back