FYI: A look into misses and crits and their role in hunting profession

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
I've gathered all the info about miss and crits from this and I came up with an interesting theory.

Code:
Miss: 10.03 | 10.19  | 8.05 | 10.16 | 9.93 | 9.65 | 10.35
Crit:  2,57 | 1.49   | 3.15 | 1.76  | 1.76 | 1.98 | 2.00

Average miss rate: 9.76 %
Average critical hits: 1.85%

To make calculations easier let's round the average miss rate to 10% and crits to 2%.

The critical hits represent around 2% of total hits. Considering the mechanism behind critical hits, normal damage + max damage I think it's safe to assume you get at least around 2.5% extra "free" hits from the system. This is due to the fact that the additional damage is always max damage of the weapons which means that crits are actually 125% more damage.

The extra damage you inflict for free when you get a crit could be designed to cover a part of defensive costs(armor + platings + fap) while hunting. After all even if you have 100 evader a snable still hits you. :)

The extra defensive costs represents MA's income.

Defensive costs can be tweaked by player by using better eco faps, a more suitable combination of armor/plates for that mob, or increase defensive skills.

This way, all loot you get could be a function depending simply on damage dealt with a variable distribution in time based on different predefined player behaviors, weapons used in the past or other mechanisms to create the illusion of random.

By playing around with the average miss rate MA can easily increase or decrease the cost to play.

This is also seems consistent with Marco's statement that MA's income is part of the decay and the the general assumption of the ~10% loss in the long run on mobs suited for your level and gear.

Any opinions? :scratch2:

Thx for gathering the info, interesting data.

It would be interesting to see what the effect of Accuracy enhancers would be on maxed L guns. I guess there is no effect, but you never know...

I think I read some time ago here that the crits were back to double Dmg instead of Max_Dmg + Dmg, or was it related to crits we get from mobs?

Anyway, even if the crit rate (on a not enhanced weapon) is 2%, the crits occur in a large proportion on the last shot, consequently generating a useless overkill, and not impacting much the cost to kill / eco etc.

I think I read some time ago here that the crits were back to double Dmg instead of Max_Dmg + Dmg, or was it related to crits we get from mobs?

Anyway, even if the crit rate (on a not enhanced weapon) is 2%, the crits occur in a large proportion on the last shot, consequently generating a useless overkill, and not impacting much the cost to kill / eco etc.

The crit mechanism was changed for a short period of time but now is back normal damage+max damage of a weapon.

As far as I know the accuracy enhancers increase crit rate by 5%. That's 5%*(2%*total shots). That's not much increase, however on a weapon with high cost/shot they might be worth using.

This way, all loot you get could be a function depending simply on damage dealt with a variable distribution in time based on different predefined player behaviors, weapons used in the past or other mechanisms to create the illusion of random.

I agree on how this is how they designed it , however the tricky question is if its damage dealt or tt spent.

I believe its a % of both.

Last edited:
I agree on how this is how they designed it , however the tricky question is if its damage dealt or tt spent.

I believe its a % of both.

The only logical implementation for me would be that it's based on the damage not tt.

Why would MA design a system in which loot is calculated based on tt spent?

Where would skills count then?

If you use an UL weapon with low skills it takes more tt of weapon, amp and ammo to do the same damage as an avatar that is maxed on that weapon.

The only logical implementation for me would be that it's based on the damage not tt.

Why would MA design a system in which loot is calculated based on tt spent?

Where would skills count then?

If you use an UL weapon with low skills it takes more tt of weapon, amp and ammo to do the same damage as an avatar that is maxed on that weapon.

Because if you use a maxxed weapon you kill the mob faster and get less defensive cost, in the example with a low skilled player using UL not maxxed the person would miss more and loose more than when using maxxed weapons.

in my head , missed shots dont come back in loot, so skills would still have a meaning.

cheers

ermik

in my head , missed shots dont come back in loot, so skills would still have a meaning.

Basically this is exactly my assumption:
- ~10% from missed shots - 2% from crits = 8% - represents pure loss - your payment for the service provided by the system
- ~2.5% extra shots from crits(read first post for full reasoning behind this figure) are designed to cover some ideal defensive costs for that mob(maybe an avatar with 100 evader and mod fap?).
- everything else extra used: shots wasted in air, extra armor/plate decay, extra fapping costs, tp - go directly to MA.

This could also explain why the average return rate is reported to stay about the same in the long run for quite a few years, yet additional costs were constantly added by MA(equipp costs, tp jump, vehicle decay+fuel usage, fast hitting mobs, mobs everywhere)

Back