A Newbie's Guide to the Price of Sweat

bryantn

Hatchling
Dionnsai Criomhtan
The Price of Sweat​

Firstly, this is not a guide concerning How To gather sweat. There are plenty of these, and I see no need to repeat this information.

For information on gathering sweat, see the following link:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2030

The intention of this guide is to establish an economical understanding of sweat and the collective selling power of the sweat gatherers (newbies) as a group.

We as new players are granted a golden period in the beginning of our gaming experience where we are the sole producers and source of a vital commodity: Sweat. Older and more experienced players simply cannot produce it for themselves, therefore they MUST buy it from us. This is a very powerful idea and should not be taken lightly: New players have a monopoly on sweat.

What is sweat?
Forget the game mechanics, think of sweat as the product of your time and effort, which has a value because, as the old saying goes, time is money. If we accept this as true, then time has a value, therefore, the time you spend collecting and selling sweat is money and should be considered just as much an investment into PE as if you had pulled out your credit card and plugged in $20.00.

The value of sweat.
I will use the current range of value for illustrative purposes, but do realize that the price of sweat is an idea, based on several factors, partly supply, partly demand, but more importantly, the established value of sweat, like the value of many things in real life is based on the collective PERCEPTION of the buyers and sellers actively making trades.

The current price range as of this writing is as follows:

The Low Range
1.8-1.9pec

The Median
2.0pec

The High Range
2.1-2.2pec

The Premium (Bulk)
2.3-2.4

The differences here are small, but consider that tens and hundreds of thousands of units of sweat may be traded in a given hour.

Say you have 10000 bottles of sweat to sell:
10000 sweat at 1.8 PEC will result in a sale for 18000pec - 180ped - $18US
10000 sweat at 2.2 PEC will result in a sale for 22000pec - 220ped - $22US

Since bulk amounts of sweat seem to fetch a +.1 to +.2 or more premium:
10000 sweat at 2.4 PEC will result in a sale for 24000pec - 240ped - $24US

That small difference in cents results in an extra $4-6US in newbie buying power, not a small thing.
The question is, do you consider your time worth the extra $4-6?

How to use the price range effectively:
First of all, take your time and observe the current market, identify WHAT the median value is, what the high range is, and what the low range is. Once you have this established, you’re ready to move in.

The Median
Most business will take place here. Feel no shame in accepting a sale at this price, you’re making money and building up your own buying power. However, this should be the lowest value you will EVER accept.

The Low Range.
Avoid the Wal-Mart mentality and never under any circumstances sell your sweat here. Not only are you allowing yourself to be sold short when the median value will be easy enough to sell at, you are ACTIVELY lowering the perceived value of sweat, therefore reducing the collective buying and selling power of ALL newbies.

At the same time, watch religiously for other players willing to sell at these prices. Some players don’t care, want to make a quick buck, quit sweating and buy a gun. If you’ve managed to sell enough sweat to build some capital, and you see someone selling in the low range, BUY and resell at the median or higher rates. You accomplish two things here: You net yourself a small profit and you help prevent reduction in the overall value of sweat.

The High Range.
This is your target range, ADVERTISE your sweat at these price values. The goal is partly to sell your sweat high, but more importantly to convince your fellow newbies through the united voice of those advertising their current stock, that the accepted value of sweat is actually this high range. In essence, if you convince every newbie who has just walked into the game that their sweat is actually worth 2.1 rather than 2.0, you have in effect altered the median price of sweat to 2.1.

You may or may not have success selling sweat at these values, but with patience you may attract a buyer with cash on hand and low patience who will buy a large quantity at a higher price. Just like in the real world, some people will pay a premium for convenience.

Sweat and sell in union.
Regardless of where we’re from and who we are, we all start out the same way, sweating our butts off to get a start. Treat your fellow newbies as co-workers, not competitors, you are not competing for the sales, there is an active demand for sweat and your sweat will find a buyer. If you undercut the other gatherers, you sell yourself short, and you make it harder for everyone else to sell their own sweat without lowering their prices. If however, everyone sells with an intent to maintain or increase the value of sweat, we build our own buying power and prepare ourselves better for our continued futures in PE.

-Dionnsai

Last edited:
IMO I think 2.2 as high range is still medium if the amount is 2K and up. Several players buy it for 2.3-2.4 I think.

These are just my experience with selling sweat. In the future those prices can go up if there's a bigger buyers market for sweat.

XIX19 said:
IMO I think 2.2 as high range is still medium if the amount is 2K and up. Several players buy it for 2.3-2.4 I think.

These are just my experience with selling sweat. In the future those prices can go up if there's a bigger buyers market for sweat.

Value is always a pretty dynamic thing, this does illustrate that the range is even wider than I would have figured initially.

My intention with this guide is mainly to inform new players and prevent the deterioration of their only form of income starting out, and perhaps over time to even increase the value.

Thanks also, I modified the original post with this information.

Last edited:
Sweat also was 3-4 PEC a whiel ago (ROFL)...yea PE is dynamic

nice thread and u got the points but expect sweat to drop even lower in price soon its getting very coomon and alot easyer to get nowadays

Hally said:
nice thread and u got the points but expect sweat to drop even lower in price soon its getting very coomon and alot easyer to get nowadays

Perhaps, but it doesn't have to. It's all a matter of whether or not those who supply it allow that to happen.

Yes, sweat and nexus will be very common. MA makes more money from us skilling and playing with it rather than when resellers jack the price to 600% for ME. We dont play at all.

The lower it goes, the more moeny MA will make from decay on my chips. This weekend I burned 20k ME (18.5k actually) bubbling and healing people. Thats about 7 lvl6 heal chips at 54 ped, 7 lvl6 focus chips at 64 ped and 1 Bd implant at 128 ped all in decay.

If the price goes to something I dont like, then I stop. I know many others do the same.

Jove said:
Yes, sweat and nexus will be very common. MA makes more money from us skilling and playing with it rather than when resellers jack the price to 600% for ME. We dont play at all.

The lower it goes, the more moeny MA will make from decay on my chips. This weekend I burned 20k ME (18.5k actually) bubbling and healing people. Thats about 7 lvl6 heal chips at 54 ped, 7 lvl6 focus chips at 64 ped and 1 Bd implant at 128 ped all in decay.

If the price goes to something I dont like, then I stop. I know many others do the same.

On the other hand, doesn't a higher price in sweat help support those who supply new players with weapons, armor, etc? If you think of it as a sort of minimum wage for the bottom of the economy, yes, there is a danger of it inflating to an extreme high, but if the price goes too low, the supply chain FOR them could fall flat, and the game will become far more difficult for those who don't want to put real world cash into the game.

Consider: The sweat supply partially depends on a group of players who come in to try out the game, play for free, and may or may not stick around after the "trial period" is over...these players have a turnover rate and help produce part of the pool of sweat.

Sweat Prices

I was in Fort Troy the other evening and saw people selling sweat for 2.1 PEC. I teleported to Zychion and the price dropped to 1.9 PEC. Supply & demand dictates pricing of Sweat as it does for all products. IF you want to sell it, try selling it in areas of the continent where it is not commonly found. You might fetch a bit more of a profit.

i saw sweat selling for 1 pec in the old days....

bryantn said:
On the other hand, doesn't a higher price in sweat help support those who supply new players with weapons, armor, etc? If you think of it as a sort of minimum wage for the bottom of the economy, yes, there is a danger of it inflating to an extreme high, but if the price goes too low, the supply chain FOR them could fall flat, and the game will become far more difficult for those who don't want to put real world cash into the game.

I agree.

My own case in point:
I am a very recent newcommer to the game. I have logged about 10 hours playing so far, 4 of which spent actively collecting sweat. (about 300 bottles)

I took my earnings, purchsed a Jester (then repaired it, lesson learned!) and a medium cell. I killed 2 and a half low level critters and am now currently broke.

I have decided that the current prices (1.8 to 1.9) do not justify spending more time gathering sweat. It is simply too tedious for such a low return.

Which means I have reached the important decision step everyone does after a certain amount of hours... Go find another game, or start paying for PE?

It seems to me that it is in players and MA's best interest to allow the "hook" to get set a little more deeper before allowing a potential new customer to make this decision. Most MMOs give you a month to kill many lowbie mobs, try a few skills such as crafting or whatever, and only then reel you in, once you have had time to enjoy yourself.

If sweat paid a little better, I could have tried dropping a few mining bombs, and maybe looked at crafting.

Im not suggesting that the game be easier, Hell, I think some games like WoW are TOO easy to level up. But you want to introduce "the decision" later, once the player is invested in his character.

The current low prices puts too much of a grind in the early game and even for the players who arent turned away like me, certainly wont be collecting it once they start paying.

Overall effect? Prices will stay low, there is always fresh blood.
But the overall numbers for PE are less because of how many people gave up a good game after spending too many hours to afford their first gun.
They gave up because they "couldnt play for free", instead being able to play long enough to see how fun the game really is, that its worth paying for just like any other good MMO.

Last edited:
Price of Sweat (newbie point of view)

i once said that the cheap buying prices of sweat was a trade of for all those who do us "favors" with their mind essnce powers and their faps;.. but have come to realise that it takes quite some time to gather sweat; wot with fap decay cost and ammo cost;.especially if there is no loot.especially wen some one is buying sweat at .70pec then tells me it is really
.007pec. ahh yes and along with the hours it takes and all the sweat aquiring has faileds. my new outlook since then is simple: we work hard for our sweat ; we dont sell at pec.

Wizlawz Rvl Rlvlxnx

Last edited:
sweat price is terrible now theres someone at pa buying for 0.65 ......Im putting 10 pound deposit in but if the sweat stays at 0.6 or goes lower Im leaving. I know 99% wont care thats not why Im saying it but because I know there are many people considering other options at the momment. Odd person at 0.7 but thats still shit ........the work put in is more than 0.7pecs worth , yeah yeah me has come down , why is it then some of the more reasnable folk give 1 ped per 100 its because they are not twats and they realise what its like.

No need to leave my friend. Us Sweaters just have to stand firm on our prices; we control the sweat market not the buyers. I dont go less than 1ped pr 100. i have 3 friends i keep in my list that buy 100@1ped. in time sweat will rise to 1ped per bottle. i dont accept any mind force favors,fappers or baiters. unless i want to give them 100 bottles in painment in order to defeat the future price of sweat.
if the buyers want cheap pricfes for sweat, let them go back to sweating. Hel i dont deposit yet, but im stil in it for the money!

SWEATERS UNITE! STAND FIRM AND STRONG! Spread the Word!

Wizlawz Rvl Rvlxnx

HF-KA-MM!!

Last edited:
I did enough sweating (ca 3000k) and sold it for 0.8-85, as it was the best price (and quite reasonable) in my opinion. But in the past few days the price has dropped to a ridiculous value, with re-sellers buying for 0.6, or even less. Then there are buyers who will pay 0.7, but I have not seen anyoe giving more than 0.75 in the last two days, and I have spent quite a lot time in the more crowded areas.

Of course, it is essential to get some ped's to start with, but currently, trading is the only way to make money in this game. For newbies, that is. And don't re-sell sweat, if you can help it a bit, and can trade anything else (I did, but never offered anything below 0.70, when the average re-sellers were buying for 0.65 or less. Took a huge risk there, but fortunately for me, I found a buyer for most of it.) Anyway, 0.8 is the lowest price sweat should be sold for. 0.7-75 could be acceptable to get a few oeds to start with, but anything below that is a waste of time... and sweat. :p. I for one, will not be selling any further, until the prices go back to 1, at least, and I urge others to do the same. Also, if you see someone buying for less than 0.7, or at 0.7, then go ahead and do some bad advertisement for the seller. :)
I tried that, for about an hour, while waiting for good trade opportunities and scanning people. Got the re-seller quite mad, but obviously he had even less to do with his time, that me, that he continued yelling out his price long after i had gone. :p

Anyway, if no-one is selling their sweat, then the price has to rise. But how do you tell all the countless n00bs? Or, almost as good would be, that the price drops to zero and all those re-sellers would have loads of worthless sweat. :)

Back